What you did today

Rosbjerg

I cooked for friends most of the day. Made chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green beans, biscuits, and Red Velvet cake. Drank some nice beer called Obsidian Stout. Definitely going to hit the gym tomorrow.

All I saw was "Red Velvet cake." Mmmm. :biggrin: 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I lost the last of the weight I gained during the winter. Down to 183 pounds.

I cooked for friends most of the day. Made chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green beans, biscuits, and Red Velvet cake. Drank some nice beer called Obsidian Stout. Definitely going to hit the gym tomorrow.

Also my GPU finally crapped out, so I'm just going to build a new rig instead of upgrade and wait for the mobo or processor to fail or become obsolete. Goodbye $1300!

I went to the store and bought a fill rack of spare ribs. I dry rubbed them with a rub I read how to make, wrapped them in plastic wrap and put them in the fridge. tomorrow they go in the smoker. I also bought some turkey tenderloins I'll cut up and make jerky for Tommy. For tonight I'm going to pan sear a Tilapia fillet with some grilled zucchini. Then I'll retire to the front porch with a Sam Adams or two and watch the sun set. I'd call that a good day!

Pork or Beef?

If Beef, make sure you give them at least 10 hours to smoke, preferably using pecan wood. If Pork, you should have bought Beef Ribs.

Beef of course. Pork is too fatty. They are pretty good sized too. I put them in about two hours ago. It's almost time to add the next tray of wood chips. The water I have to refill every 2-3 hours as well. They are smoking nicely, can't smell them yet though. I'm using apple wood chips. I washed the jerky strips in low sodium Teriyaki and put them in the top rack about 15 minutes ago.  I bought some fresh jalapenos chop up and make cornbread with and I'll steam carrots to top it all off. Too bad I'm the only one here to appreciate this! 

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

6 parties in 12 hours and ended up taking a girl to the national museum at 10am to see surreal art after an after party in a nearby park. Crazy day.

Edit. Also now I'm dying for spareribs... Thanks GD..

Fortune favors the bald.

Damnit, GD. I'm salivating like a returning husky.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I am now in London. Britain welcomed me by having the arrival tube doors seal everyone in the plane shut for half an hour, but that's what I get for using Gatwick. Came too late for today's affairs so walked around the Hyde Park and Paddington area. Nice city, I like the vibe even if the tube has the population density of ants in a honey pot. 

Now for curry.

:lol: Don't blame me, Bruce started this!

BTW, I'm on my third Sam Adams already so if my posts make less & less sense as the day wears on that's why

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Perhaps we need a what you've been eating thread...

And GD, while I disagree with your politics, I have to salute you for recognizing the clear superiority of beef.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Also my GPU finally crapped out, so I'm just going to build a new rig instead of upgrade and wait for the mobo or processor to fail or become obsolete. Goodbye $1300!

I went to the store and bought a fill rack of spare ribs. I dry rubbed them with a rub I read how to make, wrapped them in plastic wrap and put them in the fridge. tomorrow they go in the smoker. I also bought some turkey tenderloins I'll cut up and make jerky for Tommy. For tonight I'm going to pan sear a Tilapia fillet with some grilled zucchini. Then I'll retire to the front porch with a Sam Adams or two and watch the sun set. I'd call that a good day!

Pork or Beef?

If Beef, make sure you give them at least 10 hours to smoke, preferably using pecan wood. If Pork, you should have bought Beef Ribs.

Beef of course. Pork is too fatty. They are pretty good sized too. I put them in about two hours ago. It's almost time to add the next tray of wood chips. The water I have to refill every 2-3 hours as well. They are smoking nicely, can't smell them yet though. I'm using apple wood chips. I washed the jerky strips in low sodium Teriyaki and put them in the top rack about 15 minutes ago.  I bought some fresh jalapenos chop up and make cornbread with and I'll steam carrots to top it all off. Too bad I'm the only one here to appreciate this! 

OMG that sounds amazing :yes:

Quick question why would you put jerky with your barbeque? Is this uncooked jerky?

In South Africa we don't get jerky but we get something similar called Biltong. But you never put that in the barbeque as its eaten on its own.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Went to a party yesterday (with actual photo models, no joke!), and naturally I wanted to get the girls drunk. So I bought this expensive vodka with pear taste, Sprite and some Swedish icecream that's perfect to make summer drinks from.

I started to mix the stupid icecreams but they didn't melt fast enough, so I thought I'd hasten the process by letting hot water run on the outside of the decanter.

IMG_20130615_221518_zpsac56474f.jpg

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I didn't score any models either. :(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Pork or Beef?

OMG that sounds amazing :yes:

Quick question why would you put jerky with your barbeque? Is this uncooked jerky?

In South Africa we don't get jerky but we get something similar called Biltong. But you never put that in the barbeque as its eaten on its own.

:lol:  The jerky is for my dog!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Perhaps we need a what you've been eating thread...

And GD, while I disagree with your politics, I have to salute you for recognizing the clear superiority of beef.

I'd expect no less from you on that count. No self respecting Texan is going to smoke pork ribs unless all the cows on earth suddenly disappeared! :lol:  

As for not agreeing with my politics, that's ok too. You probably don't like the same sports teams I do either.

Thomas Sowell

You know those things they put in your car that you have to blow into so you can't drive drunk? I think the internet needs one too. Otherwise you end up shopping while buzzed and buy dumb things like this: https://www.bakeabone.com/

I just bought one!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Just returned from the rock festival.

Man that was hardcore, 150.000 people, three stages as tall as an 8 story building, tents as far as the eye could see, moshpit was a deathtrap when Rammstein played, I can't describe the smell you get when tens of thousands of people don't use the toilets (at 32 Celsius weather!) because they were all overflowing with poo and piss and there was so much trash laying around that I had to wear may army boots.

I also only slept about 5 hours in three days, my neck hurts from the headbanging, couldn't shower even once, only ate overpriced burritos....awesome.

Though the best thing was seeing an entire Rammstein live concert from the fourth row; only 10 meters away from the stage, and for a couple of minutes on someones shoulders. 

I also didn't expect Kiss to be THAT great, they're killer live. Old guys you say? They rocked WAY harder than most guys half their age on the stage! :w00t:

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Man that was hardcore, 150.000 people, three stages as tall as an 8 story building, tents as far as the eye could see, moshpit was a deathtrap when Rammstein played, I can't describe the smell you get when tens of thousands of people don't use the toilets (at 32 Celsius weather!) because they were all overflowing with poo and piss and there was so much trash laying around that I had to wear may army boots.

I also only slept about 5 hours in three days, my neck hurts from the headbanging, couldn't shower even once, only ate overpriced burritos....awesome.

Though the best thing was seeing an entire Rammstein live concert from the fourth row; only 10 meters away from the stage, and for a couple of minutes on someones shoulders. 

I also didn't expect Kiss to be THAT great, they're killer live. Old guys you say? They rocked WAY harder than most guys half their age on the stage! :w00t:

Well they're old, they're on twice as many drugs as guys half their age.

Well they're old, they're on twice as many drugs as guys half their age.

:grin: I doubt the members of KISS still take drugs, I'll be very surprised?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Went to a party yesterday (with actual photo models, no joke!), and naturally I wanted to get the girls drunk. So I bought this expensive vodka with pear taste, Sprite and some Swedish icecream that's perfect to make summer drinks from.

I started to mix the stupid icecreams but they didn't melt fast enough, so I thought I'd hasten the process by letting hot water run on the outside of the decanter.

IMG_20130615_221518_zpsac56474f.jpg

Not gonna lie, I kinda giggled because I have to drill that exact lesson (or rather had) into every trainee at my store. Today was my last real day, Tuesday is the last technical day, but that shift is only 2 hours for a meeting. Thursday is the start of the new job.

And tomorrow I have to write a 8ish page paper on Kosovo (wheeeeee :( )

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/briton-survives-13-storey-fall-zealand-042603806.html?.tsrc=samsungwn#ay4Gbtg

Guys you should read this article, a British tourist in New Zealand fell 13 stories and survived after trying to climb into his 15th  floor apartment from the floor above. He is a very lucky man !!!

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Errands. Laundry. Lots of laundry. Household chores, running back and forth with the dogs. Dealing with an attention seeking/brush seeking cat. Hoovering. Mom's having a few bad days, and her pain issues are kicking in bad today as well. So regular heating up of wheaty-bag-doohickies that she can put against her joints for some help, and making sure her meds are available.

Have to head out this afternoon to help pick up a new mobility buggy as well, supposedly this one will fit in the back of her car so she can take it out with her. So then it'll be figuring out exactly how it folds down, how easy it really will be for mom to use it, sorting out ramps to get it on/off the car, and then making sure there's space and area in the garage for it...

Currently taking a moment for a cup of tea and a warm scone.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thanks to Mkreku, I went and bought a box of "Piggelin" popsicles.

They were nummy.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I can't get scones any more. Grandmothers and mum are dead. :(

And before anyone says it: I'm not baking my own scones. If I'm going to go gay it'll be done properly, with plenty of drugs and parties.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And before anyone says it: I'm not baking my own scones. If I'm going to go gay it'll be done properly, with plenty of drugs and parties.

Ah-hah! Next time we're all up in London, High tea at the Ritz..  Great scones with lashings of jam and cream.. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ah-hah! Next time we're all up in London, High tea at the Ritz..  Great scones with lashings of jam and cream.. :shifty:

^^ What he said. 'Cept I don't think the Ritz tea is high... ;)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Scones are great, had one for breakfast just now. This Romanian band Cargo isn't too bad. Although for all I know they can be singing about burning cars or something. Still listening to that station, at least it doesn't devolve in Slayer hour every day like my previous one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra