What you did today

Rosbjerg

LIke hell I will! It's ****tails at the Ritz. High tea is consumed at the Randolph in Oxford.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hmmm, I'd be afraid an "Inspector Morse" episode would break out if I was at the Randolph (cf. The Jewel That Was Ours / The Wolvercote Tongue).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hmmm, I'd be afraid an "Inspector Morse" episode would break out if I was at the Randolph (cf. The Jewel That Was Ours / The Wolvercote Tongue).

LOL. The last time I actually went there was around the time they were filming. >_<

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wow, that gag went awkward fast... :p

It's OK. If we ever have an Obs tour of England we should stop by.

-Elwood Blues

So sounds like a plan. Get suited up, hit the Randolph for afternoon tea, then onto the Ritz for ****tails?

I went with the Ritz first because I've had a few friends say they do a rather amazing and non-ridiculously costing afternoon tea... But if we have someone who has made the proper comparisons...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So sounds like a plan. Get suited up, hit the Randolph for afternoon tea, then onto the Ritz for ****tails?

I went with the Ritz first because I've had a few friends say they do a rather amazing and non-ridiculously costing afternoon tea... But if we have someone who has made the proper comparisons...

The Ritz is the ONLY place to get decent ****tails in central London without opening a new mortgage. The Randolph is in Oxford, but it's a short hop on the bus if no-one would feel cheapened. :)

-Elwood Blues

I had a really good interview today at a specialized software consultancy company, I am very happy where I work but this other company has more vision and long term strategy  and the overall financial incentives are way better. They asked me some questions that I have never really been asked before. One of them was "what happens when you have a really bad day and you get into a bad mood, what do you do?". I was stumped as I very seldom get into persistent bad moods so they put me on the spot :grin: Anyway they will be making the offer this week so its all very exciting :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The correct answer was 'To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women'.

Either that or, 'When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail." '

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The correct answer was 'To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women'.

Either that or, 'When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail." '

:grin:

"'To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women"

That would have been hilarious just to see there response

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I had a really good interview today at a specialized software consultancy company, I am very happy where I work but this other company has more vision and long term strategy  and the overall financial incentives are way better. They asked me some questions that I have never really been asked before. One of them was "what happens when you have a really bad day and you get into a bad mood, what do you do?". I was stumped as I very seldom get into persistent bad moods so they put me on the spot :grin: Anyway they will be making the offer this week so its all very exciting :dancing:

Do they have a coffee maker ? Here we are told to be glad we have a water cooler. :lol:

That is a pretty strange question for them to ask, nosy in a way.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Congrats!

Free games updated 3/4/21

Do they have a coffee maker ? Here we are told to be glad we have a water cooler. :lol:

They have several, they even have a nespresso machine which makes uniquely flavoured coffee like caramel. But I prefer Tea personally :)

http://www.nespresso.com/#/za/en/coffee_machines/selecteur_gamme

John Milton 

Fancy stuff. Congratulations on the job.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I smash inanimate objects.

I just realised that makes me quite girly. LOL

Amazing the things you learn on this forum.

~~

Today I have mostly been fielding angry exes.

-Elwood Blues

My initial thought was they were hitting you up for alimony, based on 'fielding'. Second assumption was you sleeping with them in sequence or something similar.

Today I have mostly been fielding angry exes.

Gotta catch 'em all!!

--

Today I spend the entire day in the sun.. I now look like a Lobster Lex Luthor.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Back from Germany and my cousin's wedding. Had a very good time with great weather. This whole vacation was a very fancy affair. On our arrival, we were taken directly to a restaurant located on high ground with an amazing view with villages in the surrounding valleys. Had some great food, first plate with salad that had most of the vegetables I know exists. After that came the main course, beef of fillet with potatoes and some sauce I've never tasted before. A couple of beers with that in the scorching heat made the seven hour trip worth it.

On day two, I woke up at around 7.30 am (I did this everyday), had some breakfast and went back to sleep. Visited Königstrasse but didn't buy anything of note. After that, we checked out some interesting places around town which was a lot of fun. I especially liked the visit to The Stiftskirche of Stuttgart, it was beautiful. Had some Döner Kebab (I usually don't like it) at a Turkish Kebab House , but I must give the place credit, the meat was great. Then we had some ice cream that I wish we had here in Sweden.

Day three was wedding time. It must be the fanciest wedding I've been to in a while. Had some amazing food there and the whole party was great in general. Started off with some Serrano ham with melon. I was skeptic at first: That quickly changed when I had an explosion of awesome tastes in my mouth. Drank some white whine with that. After that was a buffet whit lots of different things, after THAT, there was another buffet with sweet stuff. Tasted a bit of (almost) everything. Then we had the wedding cake. AFTER THAT, there was more food but I refused to eat more. It was a good thing we were dancing and doing other stuff in between every dish or I would have died.

Met some really nice people over there. At first, I wasn't really talking to many of the other guests. I mostly talked with some of the few people I knew. I was getting a bit bored, so after drinking a some more whine, I just went to a group that looked my age and listened to them talking. Couldn't understand everything they said, but I did get some of it. After a couple of minutes they started to talk to me and we introduced ourselves. Luckily, two of them spoke English, the others not so much. One was working at a school, so we talked more than 40 minutes, comparing schools in Germany and Sweden. At around 10 pm, everyone was mingling. Alcohol has its uses. Stayed until 2 am, then I felt that I needed to go to the hotel or fall asleep then and there.

Day four was spent mostly at Wilhelma Zoo. That was a lot of fun, too. A monkey was doing sexy poses for me. Some would say it was creepy, I on the other hand, took a nice picture to remember the monkey. The weather was incredibly hot, so we had a couple of people complaining. I personally loved the weather. At one point it was 42 degrees Celsius, my Divine Body was sweating like crazy. After that, it was food, hotel chilling and then take the plane home to Sweden.

I haven't been on a trip outside of Sweden for years. This trip was great, will probably look at an opportunity to go on another trip sometime in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

I'm hating my Community College Poly Sci teacher right now. He wants us to explain, analyze, and resolve a political issue.

Two of the issues are Kosovo, and the Kurds. How the HELL am I supposed to write out a roadmap to "peace" in a land where I wouldn't even know what the people are saying, much less how they think and feel about the land.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I bought some 80's mirrored pilot shades, now I'm wearing them and drinking beer while listening to the City Cobra soundtrack. Life is good.

• Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I'm hating my Community College Poly Sci teacher right now. He wants us to explain, analyze, and resolve a political issue.

Two of the issues are Kosovo, and the Kurds. How the HELL am I supposed to write out a roadmap to "peace" in a land where I wouldn't even know what the people are saying, much less how they think and feel about the land.

Rupert Smith's Book "The Utility of Force" has some useful stuff to say. Also check out Conflict Theory, by a chap named Gibson. Nice fellow. Dead now, unfortunately. But good system.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Pondering on what a nice manly scratch I have at the moment. About an inch and a half running across the back of my hand due to the joys of that furball known as "cat"...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You could always recommend bombing them all to oblivion. Technically that would result in peace.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Lions give you a manly scratch. I shan't go into detail on what you get from a house cat.

-Elwood Blues