What you did today

Rosbjerg

Went to work, got home and found that my new case had arrived, but the components won't get here till tomorrow. :(

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm driving a van to and from the airport.

Similar pay to McDonalds, but better people I'm working with.

ANYTHING was better than that I'm guessing.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

South Africa is playing England in the ICC Champions Trophy (international  one day cricket  tournament) and we are getting our asses kicked. Its the semi-finals and we are 76-7. :down:

That's the one thing that really annoys me about Cricket is the inconsistency around performance.

Nobody takes that "version" of cricket serious anyway... it's only for the attention span challenged :grin:

Whats the fun in a game that is over in a single day?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So I am not going to be getting that promotion I applied for. 

However, I know who is getting it, and were I making the call, I would probably have picked him over me, too.  He is objectively more qualified in most ways (less specific-subject-matter expertise, but more management/leadership experience and overall government experience), and although I've never worked with him directly, we've spoken at a number of social events and gotten along rather well.  We share some mutual friends and common interests, and he seems to be a smart and decent guy. 

The ego-bruise for not being selected is pretty minimal, given the relative thickness or our respective resumes, and it is something of a relief that I'm not going to have to imminently assume large new responsibilities in the near future.  A large part of my motivation for applying was to assure that the job didn't go to somebody worse than me, and I don't think it has. 

South Africa is playing England in the ICC Champions Trophy (international  one day cricket  tournament) and we are getting our asses kicked. Its the semi-finals and we are 76-7. :down:

That's the one thing that really annoys me about Cricket is the inconsistency around performance.

Nobody takes that "version" of cricket serious anyway... it's only for the attention span challenged :grin:

One days are still about some skill and can be very entertaining, its the twenty 20 cricket that I don't have much time for :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

One days are still about some skill and can be very entertaining, its the twenty 20 cricket that I don't have much time for :)

Meh, it's the "5 a side soccer" version of Cricket :p

Real men drink beer throughout all of 'best of 5' of the 5 day matches.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Meh, it's the "5 a side soccer" version of Cricket :p

Real men drink beer throughout all of 'best of 5' of the 5 day matches.

I do love 5 days, but lets be honest who has time to watch for all 5 days?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Up betimes, and nursing a hangover. sweet nutmeg pancake with natural orange syrup and fried smoky bacon. Black coffee.

Went to the National Oceanographic Centre yesterday. Really really cool. I always assumed it was a bit theodolite-y. Actually it's some proper James Cameron deep sea freaking robots on the march ****. And they have the best fish tank I've ever seen.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The weather's turned here, It's seriously muggy over-pressured feeling, which was all through the night and not conductive to a restful slumber. Apparently that combination is conductive to hammering headaches.

Sipping on the cup of tea (it's traditional ya know) and remembering where I stashed the asprin.

Also got gran going to the doctors this afternoon to have her eyes checked up after the laser surgery some weeks ago.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I did stuff today. Just stuff. Then I played some game and stayed up too late again. Now I'm going to sleep.

I keep meaning to take a quick picture of the crop of blackberries in the sideyard ... it was a piddly little bramble when we moved in, and despite my trimming it back drastically each late fall, it seems to get bigger/taller w/more berries every year. It defies logic. Not quite ready for picking yet, but almost. I have the vanilla ice cream in the freezer, waiting.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watching MW3 on Youtube, have to laugh at some things. Can't flatten a port with a gunship due to it being too high profile, but the SAS can engage an entire regiment of terrorists openly with nary a concern. Work is, as you can imagine, pretty damn slow.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got into an extremely crowded bus today and was fortunate enough to get a foxy little lady rubbing against me.. She didn't seem to mind and she gave me quite a look as we exited the bus, so I decided to take my chances and invited her to drink some icecoffee before her potential other arrangement. She agreed (woot!). Couldn't chat for long though as I had to meet a friend, but man I felt like a boss for pulling that hehe.

Then to the park with friends to got some sun on my so-white-I'm-basically-a-mirror body.

Summer is nice.

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

Well we didn't really hit it off beyond finding each other attractive (I think my humour was a bit too nerdy heh). I took her number, but I doubt anything is gonna happen - she's flirty and fun though, so definitely a good party-buddy and wingwoman :) .. That's actually good advice - always turn a failed flirt into a succesful wingwoman.

Fortune favors the bald.

If I buy you a massive false nose do you think you could lend me your support?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Trying that on a streecar here would have resulted in a sexual assault charge. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And Fernando Torres' incompetence.

Got into an extremely crowded bus today and was fortunate enough to get a foxy little lady rubbing against me.. She didn't seem to mind and she gave me quite a look as we exited the bus, so I decided to take my chances and invited her to drink some icecoffee before her potential other arrangement. She agreed (woot!). Couldn't chat for long though as I had to meet a friend, but man I felt like a boss for pulling that hehe.

Then to the park with friends to got some sun on my so-white-I'm-basically-a-mirror body.

Summer is nice.

Reading your exploits makes me not miss Shryke so much!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just finished building my new rig. I feel like celebrating so I'm going to go drink more than one person should in a week while I install some divers and ****.

Watching game 7 of the NBA finals while drinking heavily and craving a greasy, cheesy burger

I get way too involved in these things

I would get involved, but teams from Houston generally lose.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Started today, did my run. Came out with my saturday being 13 hours of driving a minibus.

Including a run from a wedding to the hotel.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.