Music, part 2

Rosbjerg

*sing* never, ever, never trust a Klingon... :D

Damn, haven't listened to S.P.O.C.K. since like a million years.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Catchy chiptune.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Donizetti, L'Elisir D'Amore

I'm going through a phase of really enjoying Italian opera. More so than usual even. I listened to La Traviata this morning.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Shawshank Redemption introduced me to Figaro's Wedding, which is an awesome opera

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

This talk about 'classical' music reminds of a point I once heard someone make about how music projects the antithesis of society at any point in time. This orderly beautiful music counterpointed mayhem revolution and war.

Modern music counterpoints sophistication, order, and artistic omnipresence, with shouting about umbrellas and smacking things.

EDIT:

By inference I conclude that Syria is in exactly the right state of mind to gratefully receive a tour from La Scala.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ray Manzarek died today of bile duct cancer.

I remember John Sebastian telling a story of how Ray would fill in for vocals as well whenever Morrison was too blitzed to make it on to the stage, and then he played a clip of him sounding pretty darn close to Jim. Of course, he also filled in after he died.

I can't find the clip he played of Light My Fire, but here he his in '72.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

My favorite song of all the time, love the stop'n go's and the guitar especially at the end:

And....

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

https://soundcloud.com/lowness/d-b-s-spread-your-wings

Heard it on an album called "Feedback Loop". Pretty cool opening track.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

So have you guys heard Daft Punk's new album 'Random Access Memory'? It's very different.. Like this for instance.

Don't know if I like it - some elements are cool, some are a little unexpected from an electronic band.

Fortune favors the bald.