Music, part 2

Rosbjerg

Sounds super generic to me, tbh. The whole scene degraded into genericness so hard over the years.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Since you like the Carolina Chocolate Drops, I thought you might forgive my reposting a song I linked to a few years ago.

EDIT: I know it's weird, but I think Eliza Carthy is hot in this video.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sounds super generic to me, tbh. The whole scene degraded into genericness so hard over the years.

Oh, I completely agree. I miss most of the electronic groups' I like earlier years, including VNV Nation's, Assemblage 23's, the Azoic's, etc. All of it seems to have gotten so much more...pop-ish, almost. Not much I can do about it, though. I still like it, however...but I wouldn't call it exactly great or perhaps even particularly good.

I still think VNV Nation has a bit of a unique spark in it...but not as much as they used to, but I can barely listen to groups like Assemblage 23s' newer stuff. Probably also why I'm delving into other groups like They Might Be Giants...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

My inner Hipster loves Chet Faker.. and this song in particular.

I loved that! May have to learn it.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My favourite John Lee Hooker Duet's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOsFfM3lbsQ

This song is without a doubt the smoothest, sexiest, coolest... you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guDNdUzFZaQ

Any song with Van Morrison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAXLRAj8xOo

Wasted Years, The Waterfront, Don't Look Back, Serves Me Right To Suffer, Dimples, etc.

Bonnie Rait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT-FoZt95D4

Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43yvS6bPZDs

RIP John Lee Hooker

Edited by Chippy
  • Like 1

Flood and the Else seem to be the best albums I've listened to from them so far. Still going through them, though.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Skip James - Washington D.C. Hospital Center Blues

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Why do the discos I visit never play songs like this?

I always assumed that all Austrian public venues played this. Even rose gardens.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I always assumed that all Austrian public venues played this. Even rose gardens.

No, EMB and heavy Industrial is only played in our churches on Sundays, but I'm faithless scum so I never go to the church. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

So have you guys heard Daft Punk's new album 'Random Access Memory'? It's very different.. Like this for instance.

Don't know if I like it - some elements are cool, some are a little unexpected from an electronic band.

Get Lucky has been getting a lot of plays on my headphones. I think that song is brilliant.

• Like 1

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.