What are you playing now?

I'm finding the NWO Gateway even more useful since I can't sit at a desk for hours at the moment (knees). And the more characters you have, the more of a pain it is to repeatedly login to all characters via the actual game to keep up with all finished tasks/assign new ones etc. Why they don't allow you to just switch characters from a list in-game without having to actually account-logout/login each time is beyond me.

Altho, the Gateway seems to have a bug where you don't always get the rough diamonds if you "finish" the task via the Gateway, so I've stopped doing those type of tasks on the web.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I played about five hours of Bioshock Infinity and mostly enjoyed it, it goes without saying that the world design is excellent, quite breathtaking in places, but I do miss Rapture's explorability.  The plot is decent enough (for an action game) so far and Elizabeth is a well designed character but it does feel a bit ludicrous when she keeps pulling coins and rifles out of her arse  :blink:

I do find myself being distracted by the overwhelming bluntness of the racism, if there's not a deeper meaning behind all the xenophobic jingoism I'll be quite annoyed, I hate message movies.

the world design is great, but the level design is awful and i ended up having to force myself to finish the game once i got to around the halfway mark and realized it wasn't going to improve

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I played about five hours of Bioshock Infinity and mostly enjoyed it, it goes without saying that the world design is excellent, quite breathtaking in places, but I do miss Rapture's explorability.  The plot is decent enough (for an action game) so far and Elizabeth is a well designed character but it does feel a bit ludicrous when she keeps pulling coins and rifles out of her arse  :blink:

I do find myself being distracted by the overwhelming bluntness of the racism, if there's not a deeper meaning behind all the xenophobic jingoism I'll be quite annoyed, I hate message movies.

the world design is great, but the level design is awful and i ended up having to force myself to finish the game once i got to around the halfway mark and realized it wasn't going to improve

Yeah I'm really not getting how it earned so many perfect scores, granted it's got very memorable moments and the plot has me hooked so far but it's just an average gameplay experience.

• Like 1

Got my green fire book in WoW. Now to convince myself to continue playing it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've been playing this addictive Bad Piggies spinoff of Angry Birds on my tablet a lot lately.  It's pretty creative.

Burn the heretic!

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

IMO, its the explanation for the Us vs Them logic of the ruling class and the reason for the anarchists gaining traction.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Still plodding around in GTA 4 and the occasional D3 game with my friends. Did get a really nice Manticore from one, although it's a crossbow with a beard and tail (go go Blizzard art direction). Kind of wish they had more distinct legendaries rather than different versions of them.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I didn't get to play much Neverwinter yesterday because stormy weather whooped up on our ISP and severed my internet connection for several hours (see, this is why I will NEVER buy a game where single player content requires an always on connection), so I didn't get to lev 54 yesterday, like I had hoped.  I should do that todat.  Instead, I put in some good time hacking and slashing through Grim Dawn with my Commando tank build.  I got to the underground transit area, which is the second to last area of the alpha, and had an epic fight with 3 hero monsters, 2 of which spawned lesser mobs continuously.  Good times.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wish I had done this a lot earlier. I play Age of Empires 2 irregularly with my sister, but strategically have been always on the back foot playing against the AI because of her refusal to kill animals for food. Well then, armed with a few hints from Google, but nothing explicit since I doubt anyone's bothered making such a silly change, I delved into the map generator script (gamedata.drs and gamedata_x1.drs) and right at the beginning the solution presented itself.

#const  FORAGE        59
#const  FOREST_TREE     411
#const  GOLD        66
#const  HAWK            96
#const  MACAW           816
#const  MOUNTAIN1        310
#const  MOUNTAIN2        311
#const  OAKTREE         349
#const  PALMTREE        351
#const  PINETREE        350
#const  SNOWPINETREE    413
#const  SHEEP        594

etc.

Welp, that was easy, replace 594 with 59 and now all the sheep are berry bushes instead. Now we can tackle the AI on even footing. :D

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

You have a silly sister. :p

Good work though!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@Humanoid - But what will you make sweaters out of now?  Won't people freeze to death during the winter?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

She has no compunction against slaughtering hordes of enemy soldiers so I guess their corpses will have to suffice.

EDIT: Can you refine human fat into polyester?

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Got my green fire book in WoW. Now to convince myself to continue playing it.

That's accomplished through a pretty long quest chain?

Quest chain isn't that long, but it is interesting. The challenge is in the tightly tuned final boss.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm downloading Van Helsing now. It was UK 10.99 which seems extraordinarily good value.

Am going to have a late night of claret and monster-slaying.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing

Let me know how it is. I'm dangling on the edge of the purchase button.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!