What are you playing now - the plays the thing

LadyCrimson

Some of those quick time events in Witcher 2 are killing me, I've been seeing red the last 5 minutes.. The keys just wouldn't respond and I kept being beaten to death.. grr! This is getting close to that god awful race in Mafia 1. You know what..

I think I'm gonna play SWTOR, it's free anyway..

I remember that race...

It practically broke the game

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm really itching to buy a WiiU, even if it's only because of ZombiU. Heard some good things about the game from a trusted source, looks like a real treat for survival horror fans.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I've been poring over every available article and I'm likely going to get the WiiU, basic edition.

When I do I'll post a full review.

Major game sites don't recommend ZombiU. I'll likely be getting the new Super Mario as my first game.

If you really want the ZombiU I'd invest in the limited edition WiiU that it comes bundled with (along with the new Pro controller and the rest of the deluxe edition stuff).

My reasoning for getting the basic edition is that for 50 euros more, the deluxe edition just gives you a party game (Nintendoland) a few plastic stands and slightly more storage space that is not going to be enough anyway in the long run and that will have to be expanded within a few months. Nintendoland will be flooding the secondhand market in a few months at bargain bin prices. Its just not worth it, as a package.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Still playing Neverwinter Nights 2, I'm doing the Trial of Seasons at the moment. I just got the last prerequisite needed for my character to become a Stormlord, though I'm not sure if I'll start getting levels in it right away. Currently I'm Cleric 11, Fighter 4.

:)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Saw it reported that the non-US basic Wii U bundles bafflingly don't include a sensor bar. All other bundles, including the basic one inthe US, come with it. The huh?

On the other hand, only Europe gets the ZombiU bundle. Weird stuff.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Blops 2. It's pretty good, even now that the hangover's good. Really good audio/music design, on a par with the mass effects and human revolution.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Some of those quick time events in Witcher 2 are killing me, I've been seeing red the last 5 minutes.. The keys just wouldn't respond and I kept being beaten to death.. grr! This is getting close to that god awful race in Mafia 1. You know what..

30419692.jpg

There aren't that many QTEs in The Witcher 2. There's the boxing mini-game and a few QTEs during some boss fights. I thought the boxing mini-game was laughably easy, even on the hardest difficulty, and was wishing the QTEs would give you less time to respond. Still you can just skip the boxing mini-game altogether.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

30419692.jpg

Did you toggle the option to turn 'difficult' QTEs on/off ? I forget which exactly those turn off, I think it leaves the boss ones on,but those aren't too bad.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Saw it reported that the non-US basic Wii U bundles bafflingly don't include a sensor bar. All other bundles, including the basic one inthe US, come with it. The huh?

Seriously?

You're right! WTF?!

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Really good audio/music design, on a par with the mass effects and human revolution.

"Jack Wall & Trent Reznor". Right, should've guessed. :p

I admire your persistence. I grew bored of Witcher 2 long before getting stuck in quick time events. Will probably have to add it to the collection of "don't bother to finish" games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I thought I was the only one that felt that way about The Witcher 2.

Anyway, I just finished Dishonored. I did enjoy it and hope they'll make a sequel or a game in the same vein, but maybe they should try to balance the game better. The way it is now, the game is balanced in the players favour. I played on very hard and stealth approach, but even when I got detected, enemies could be neutralized fairly easy with long range weapons. The level design was good, and moving around the levels, finding different paths was very fun. This game did it better than Deus Ex: HR in that regard. There were different paths to take and it offers a sense of freedom, even if it might not be a sandbox game. The hub levels are big and varied, and when they start to get a little bit boring, they get changed up. Art was good, and I personally don't mind the way they chose to style the characters, wich I've read a lot of complaints about. The soundtrack did its job, there were a few tunes I really enjoyed, other than that, the music fit the setting, but nothing that will stick with me.

• Like 1

I'm a little bit curious, what exactly makes The Witcher 2 boring? Because the first game was pretty good. Unfortunatly I never had the chance to play The Witcher 2 because my laptop can't handle it, so I'm kind of curious here, is it worse than the first game?

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm a little bit curious, what exactly makes The Witcher 2 boring? Because the first game was pretty good. Unfortunatly I never had the chance to play The Witcher 2 because my laptop can't handle it, so I'm kind of curious here, is it worse than the first game?

You'll probably get as many answers as there are people around answering them (i.e. it's an entirely subjective thing) :)

I hated the switch of focus towards "actiony" combat (which is pretty poor as far as action combat goes, so a wasted effort), the QTE's (giving it that rather console like look and feel), the feeling of tiny cramped areas (which may be a real concern or not, at least they give the impression of being tiny), the piss poor responsiveness of Geralt to your controls (IMO), the very contrived gimmick in the beginning where you are forced to tag along, despite there being no believable reason to do so (even worse than having to drag peasant girl everywhere in NWN2), they still waste resources on mini games, music took a drop in quality etc. If I could be bothered to play the game a bit more, I could probably add to me list of grievances.

The most serious offense is however, the game simply doesn't feel like fun to play.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ah GK3. I've reached 'that' puzzle.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ah GK3. I've reached 'that' puzzle.

The map? That's the only puzzle I remember being bloody annoying.

Edit: No, wait, just remembered there was some puzzle of ultimate braindestroyer at the end, somesort of chessboard or something.

Edited by Slinky

I think The Witcher 2 is great, don't listen to the haters.

The people who don't like it don't qualify as haters by any stretch of imagination. More of the opposite, when it first came out everybody was frothing in the mouth about it's awesomeness.

In fact, while I'm the only person I know who played it on a console, the honeymoon seemed to end at about the time the console version was released. Funny that. ;)

Personally, found it ok but apparently quite forgottable, since I can't remember much. :p