How old is everyone?

694 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Under 20
    • Between 20-25
    • Above 25

My favorite cRPG? Baldur's Gate Trilogy (1+2+ToB). But I'd like to give special mentions to Morrowind + Mods, for devouring so much of my time in middleschool and having such a fascinating setting (my personal issues with the writers aside), and Alpha Protocol for just being such a fine display of excellent craftsmanship. AP is really the shining example of how to handle choices in a mission-based RPG.

I think the following is an accurate list of the cRPGs I've played, in order of when I first played them:

Final Fantasy X

Morrowind

KotOR

KotOR II

Oblivion

Bladur's Gate 2

Neverwinter Nights 2

Baldur's Gate 1 + TotSC

Fallout 1

Baldur's Gate: ToB

Fallout 2

Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Jade Empire

Fallout 3

Alpha Protocol

The Witcher

Deus Ex

Dragon Age: Origins

Risen

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Dragon Age: Awakenings & DLC

Dragon Age 2

The Witcher 2

Arcanum

Planescape: Torment

Fallout: New Vegas

Skyrim

NWN 2 expansions

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

And now I'm currently playing Icewind Dale.

This list excludes several of what I'd consider RPG-like games.

Over 25... heh, is that supposed to make those of us at the upper end of that feel younger or older?

I'm 36.

Favorite RPGs - gah, uhm, I'm gonna use the plural in the question to avoid picking a favorite

Wizard's Crown, Alernate Reality - Dungeon, Knights of Legend, Wasteland, Pools of Darkness, Fallout 2, Icewind Dale, Freedom Force, Dragon Age: Origins, Alpha Protocol

Ten too many?

EDIT - and I feel like a goon now for not mentioning Bard's Tale 2 and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

*sigh*

Edited by Merin

I'm thrilled to see that there are people under 20 who are interested in games like Project Eternity. Gives me hope for the future of gaming.

Anyway, I'm 26. My top five favorite cRPGs are:

1. Fallout 2 (my first cRPG, so it sort of set the standard for me; 14 years later, I still play it fairly regularly)

2. Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines

3. Knights of the Old Republic II: the Sith Lords

4. Alpha Protocol

5. [vacancy] (used to be Mass Effect 2, but Mass Effect 3 sort of ruined my enthusiasm for the series; I haven't figured out what to replace it with yet; there are so many great RPGs).

Back in the late 90s/early 2000s (when I first got into RPGs), my favorites were Fallout 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and Daggerfall.

When it comes to strategic combat (rather than their roleplaying potential), my favorites are Final Fantasy Tactics, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Jagged Alliance 2.

My favorite MMORPG was Everquest (for the first three years; I quit shortly after the launch of Luclin), although old-school Star Wars: Galaxies and Shadowbane deserve shout-outs as well (Shadowbane for having the coolest races and classes I've seen in an MMO and SWG for general awesomeness).

I recently finished Persona 3 for the first time, and since then I have been replaying my old Infinity Engine games (currently on Icewind Dale), trying the Final Nights mod for VTM:B, and dabbling in the Secret World.

Edited by eimatshya

26 is old? Bwahahahahaha...!

It is in this poll. :lol: Considering the age of Baldur's Gate I am surprised there are people under 25 here. Guess Planescape/Torment drew them in.

Edited by Nakia

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg