How old is everyone?

694 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Under 20
    • Between 20-25
    • Above 25

The poll results are not really surprising, the people that played the classic games that inspire Project Eternity were mostly teens when those games were out, thus twenty-five and upwards now.

What I would like to understand is why anyone under twenty would support such a project. As they do not have nostalgia to fall back on is it is quite unlikely any of them played such classic games when they were originally released.

28. Ps:t. Arcanum. Fallout. Motb. Shin megami tensei series. Ultima. And does QFG count?

The scale barely encompasses the range of average gamers nowadays, you know.

Edited by Monkcrab

Sword Sharpener of the Obsidian Order

(will also handle pitchforks and other sharp things)

What I would like to understand is why anyone under twenty would support such a project. As they do not have nostalgia to fall back on is it is quite unlikely any of them played such classic games when they were originally released.

Just because someone didn't play those games when they were released doesn't mean that they didn't play them and enjoy them later, does it? :)

Just because someone didn't play those games when they were released doesn't mean that they didn't play them and enjoy them later, does it? :)

To an extent, they have been exposed to a different generation of RPG's and thus their interpretation of what is great is vastly different. I would go with the reasoning that they are the few exceptions, hence the low numbers.

Why make "over 25" the highest category? I'm way over that. My favourite is Planscape: Torment. I actually didn't finish it when it was released. I played a large part of it but stopped (don't remember why; I'm just not that good at finishing games). Years later I returned to it and finished it.

I would be astonished if anybody under the age of twenty had even heard about this game.

I'm 19!

Favourite RPG of all time: KotOR 2

Favourite linear action RPG: Mass Effect 2 (Please don't kill me!)

Favourite non-linear action RPG: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Forgive my abhorrent and blasphemous ways!), with Oblivion and Morrowind close behind

PS. I recently bought Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape: Torment on GOG, so I'll get to know what all the fuss is about with the IE games! :D

Edited by AW8
  • Like 1

Batman: [intimidate] "Let her go".

Joker: [Failure] "Very poor choice of words."

Damn. I no longer fit into the "up to 25" brackets.

:(

Oh, and favourite CRPGs:

Planescape: Torment.

Baldur's Gate.

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

Vampire: The Masquerade.

Fallout 2.

The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Favourite PnP:

Warhammer 40k (the entire range by Fantasy Flight Games).

Honourable Mentions (non-RPGs):

Deus Ex.

System Shock 2.

Jagged Alliance 2.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Of the BG's used in the kickstarter film, I have to say Baldurs Gate 1. That's the game of them I've had the most fun with, maybe because it was my first real cRPG. But I've spend countless of hours of all the rest of the games besides the Kotor series.

minichart.png

I have 5 RPG’s, that I can at any one time consider my favorite RPG, in no particular order.

Planescape: Torment (loved the story and setting)

Baldur's Gate 2 (loved the story hated the setting but the combat was much improved)

Icewind Dale 2 (loved the customization and story hated setting but the combat was much improved)

Fallout 2 (loved the story and setting and the combat was much improved)

Dragon Age: Origins (loved the story/setting and the combat was great)

I’d like to give thanks to these as well.

The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1/2

Ultima 7

Diablo 1/2

Neverwinter Nights 1/2

Now if someone could just make a game like Icewind Dale 2 in the Darksun setting or even Ravenloft.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

Oh, great! A poll that lumps everyone over 25 together.

I'm only 26! Honest! ;(

That said, the poll should be redone, with much wider brackets.

Also, it should ask us to list our most hated games. Because there are some we all really hate.

Ultima 8 and Dragon Age 2 are at the top of my most hated list. Also Oblivion and Diablo 3 I want to forget ever happened.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

There are no RPGs I hate. On the other hand, there are action RPGs (Diablo series, the Elder Scrolls series, et.c.) and I don't care much for those. As far as I'm concerned they could just disappear from the Earth without me noticing.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

:lol: This is the funniest poll on age I have seen. A year ago I did some research on the gender and age of game players. It came up with around 40% of game players being women. The average of gamers players was in the 30s but 27% of game players were over 50.

My age? Way over 25.

My favorite game? Quite a few vie for that spot.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

23, got here from New Vegas.

Not an RPG geezer. :C Morrowind was my first and then I just pretty much followed Bethesda.

Also kudos on noticing how friggin' amazing age 20-25 people are and basically basing poll options around us. :dancing:

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?