How old is everyone?

694 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Under 20
    • Between 20-25
    • Above 25

I've never played an RPG similar to how PS:T, the first two Fallouts, KotOR, etc. so I don't know. I have played Dragon Age but it'd be a crime to call DA my favorite based on the fact that it's the only RPG of the style that the older classics are.

In light of this I'll say that Mount & Blade is my favorite RPG and hope to not get people angry at me because of it.

41. The poll definitely could use higher tiers!

Let's see... First computer was a VIC-20 (Yay 3kb of RAM!) and first pseudo-cRPG would've been Temple of Apshai... Since then (and through the C64, Amigas and several generations of PCs) there have simply been too many to mention. Elerond's list comes close though... :)

Edited by LazarusMP
  • Like 1

If nothing that we do matters then all that matters is what we do. - Whedon

Should I also post my gender and location?

• Like 1

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Oh, I remember Lords of midnight, had lot's of fun with it... Luxor the Moonprince. He's standing on the tower of the moon, looking north to...

I was beginning to think I was the only person in the world who remembered that game. Mike Singleton was a genius ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i'm an oldfag like most of you and my first memories of an rpg was a game called "The Crimson Crown"...it was a 'puter game in the 80's. Hard as all hell for a young whipper snapper like me.

as for my favorite? I love Planescape but I love BG saga equally...its like how you can love your wives equally but for different reasons.

edit: My first TRUE LOVE though will always be "QUEST FOR GLORY: So you want to be a Hero?"

Edited by NerdBoner

Sings: When I get older losing my hair many days from now... - I'll be 64 in a couple weeks - :yes:

favorite RPGs in the general order I played them include Return To Krondor, all the IE games, Fallout 1 & 2, NWN 1&2, DA:O & 2 .

Waiting patiently for BG:EE for another IE fix while I wait for DA3 & PE. :w00t:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Yeah, the poll is a bit ... ejem ... seems everyone over 25 is old happy0203.gif

I'm 44 and my first RPG ... Wasteland 1988 on Commodore C64. That was as opportunity to use your imagination yes.gif

Does Zork count? :disguise:

• Like 1

Turned 31 today.

I guess I'm now official an old geezer.

Happy Birthday. But an old geezer, no. I remember Wanderon from the Neverwinter Nights 2 forum. He was in his sixties.

Edit: Fixed typos.

And he still is... :yes:

I'm also way off the scale, at 41.

My favorite RPG's were in the Ultima series, particularly Ultima VI (my first real crpg :) ), and Ultima V. I haven't played any crpg's that matched the "Ultimas" in terms of the story, and the immersive world that Britannia was... I loved that it was non-linear and yet so complex and full of surprises, often having nothing to do with the main plot. "Oblivian" came close, in my opinion, and was also great. I also loved Baldur's Gate.. not the same as Ultima, but great in it's own way.

And he still is... :yes:

Talk about a blast from the past :)

I saw somebody mention Temple of Apshai previously. Reminds me that I never got the second expansion (Curse of Ra?).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Age 30, fave RPGs, Fallout, BG series, PS:T, Witcher, Final Fantasy 6, and the Quest For Glory series.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg