As many have said about "The Truth" and that entire thing...I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, Bio would be better to release it sooner than later...cause if it's later they'll still have people get it...all 3 out of 3.5 million who are still paying attention...

(probably a slight exaggeration, but it gets the point across...at least better then Bio's current ending).

Hm, and apparently:

The save files have specific tags that specify what kind of ending you have achieved for importing and are labeled as the following:

? Blaze of Glory

? Not Finished

? Live to Fight Another Day

Although I have yet to actually confirm that elsewhere...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"I didn't want the game to be forgettable, so I decided to copy Deus Ex: Human Revolutions' endings." I think they've become too convinced of their own excellence in Edmonton.

I find your lack of faith disturbing... Bu it is all as I have foretold. :fdevil:

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

So I finally finished my first play through last night, and .... yeah. I see now what all the uproar about the ending is about. What makes it worse is the fact BioWare made statements months before release about closure and how there would be no unanswered questions, and they come up with an ending that doesn't provide closure and a million questions. Not to mention the fact your choices throughout the series had zero impact on the endings, or even on which endings were available to you.

The thing that boggles my mind the most is, when a game/story is left on a vague note, it's usually so the story can be continued at a later date. But with what happened, it's almost impossible (without a lot of retconning) for any continuation of the story since

the mass relays are destroyed! The entire premise for the series (ie. traveling to various systems thanks to the Mass Relay network) is gone. So how would they continue that?

Horrible way to end a series.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"I didn't want the game to be forgettable, so I decided to copy Deus Ex: Human Revolutions' endings." I think they've become too convinced of their own excellence in Edmonton.

I find your lack of faith disturbing... Bu it is all as I have foretold. :fdevil:

Bah, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

As many have said about "The Truth" and that entire thing...I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, Bio would be better to release it sooner than later...cause if it's later they'll still have people get it...all 3 out of 3.5 million who are still paying attention...

(probably a slight exaggeration, but it gets the point across...at least better then Bio's current ending).

It seems a bit stupid for a game that is not 100% online to do something like that. It means they sold a game to a group of people knowing full well they never had the "real" version.

This is an amusing take on things from the Bioware boards

We are experiencing the same problem Shepard is experiencing in real time. The same confusion and doubt and frustration. They WANT us to go over it again and again in our heads, examine the facts and figure out the truth, because that is what Shepard has to do. We must realize its a dream before we can wake up from it, otherwise we're trapped in it. If the game had just picked right back up after the decision then we wouldn't feel any of this, it would just be a ****ty "gotcha!" moment and nobody would even really remember it in the logn run.

By giving us this interactive, real time experience of the ending before the real ending comes, they are making it far more memorable. Thats exactly what Casey said he wanted.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That is a certain.. possibility. It would make an interesting attempt. But it would also be a very dangerous thing to try.

But whether it's at all likely is a totally nother matter...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

(Might as well use my account...)

Seems strange that a series which put so much effort into importing old saves would completely ignore all these settings in the endgame. I mean that was the selling point, to 'shape the universe with your actions' or what, that's why they labeled it an RPG.

Was there ever any other game to invalidate your gaming experience with such a move?

So with that said it's the same game that had a 0-day dlc-on-disk, unlockable by editing a single line, no? So it must be some dlc ploy or something. Which is sad, imo... and for them 'the ends justify the means' I guess - and they will miss the point.

The DLC does include the Eden Prime level and the Normandy cutscenes, so it's not all on disc.

That would be... interesting, to say the least. Can't say I find it very believable, but if it turns out to be true, they have some major brass balls.

OTOH if it's just some troll, he has to be one of the most advanced ones ever. I mean down to adding a new MP map, returning the Collectors who were very conspicuously absent from ME3...

Edited by Nepenthe

Guest Slinky
A few hours ago an anonymous user who leaked the multiplayer DLC (just an hour earlier) has claimed that the ending fiasco was deliberate because of the game

A few hours ago an anonymous user who leaked the multiplayer DLC (just an hour earlier) has claimed that the ending fiasco was deliberate because of the game

I laughed at the youtube somebody did of all the six endings possible synched up so it's obvious that 90% of the ending is just one giant pallet swap.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This is an amusing take on things from the Bioware boards

We are experiencing the same problem Shepard is experiencing in real time. The same confusion and doubt and frustration. They WANT us to go over it again and again in our heads, examine the facts and figure out the truth, because that is what Shepard has to do. We must realize its a dream before we can wake up from it, otherwise we're trapped in it. If the game had just picked right back up after the decision then we wouldn't feel any of this, it would just be a ****ty "gotcha!" moment and nobody would even really remember it in the logn run.

By giving us this interactive, real time experience of the ending before the real ending comes, they are making it far more memorable. Thats exactly what Casey said he wanted.

I less say that's amusing and more that it's depressing. They want desperately to believe there is something there other than what was received.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

tumblr_lv4e0pzsZE1qlb2roo1_500.png

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

If you think about it, BioWare did a better job way back in KOTOR with regards to making an ending that depended on how you choose to play throughout the game than they did all these years later with ME3. One ending has Jedi saving the day, the other has Sith ruling the galaxy, both depending on your actions. Say what you will about the actual quality of the writing to get to that point, but the basic premise, at least, ended up giving you closure for your character. ME3, the endings did no such thing.

If this is a PR stunt gone wrong, then they better hurry up and fix it. If not, then they really need to fire whoever came up with the ending, and fire anyone who gave the green light to the writer of the ending.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest Slinky

http://social.biowar...index/9999272/1

And even in November the gameplay team was still experimenting with an

endgame sequence where players would suddenly lose control of Shepard's

movement and fall under full reaper control. (This sequence was dropped

because the gaemplay mechanic proved too troublesome to implement

alongside dialogue choices

Indoctrination theorists are going to love that one.

Virumor, I was going to use that pic you bastard!

It doesn't sound like they rushed the ending, as I initially assumed. But given all the iterations they went through, it seems like they just never could settle on how to end it. Like in one, Garrus and Liara die outright. Another says "sense of hope," which I don't think is anything like where we ended up.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If this is a PR stunt gone wrong, then they better hurry up and fix it. If not, then they really need to fire whoever came up with the ending, and fire anyone who gave the green light to the writer of the ending.

And both of them should be told "It's not your fault, I never should have hired you in the first place".

But if it's a PR stunt, it's gonna blow CD Projekt's "gog is closing" into geosynchronous orbit.

• Like 1

Guest Slinky

It's going to blow every single pr stunt in the industry sky high if they planned this.

Going to be fun to see how this plays out in the end.

I less say that's amusing and more that it's depressing. They want desperately to believe there is something there other than what was received.

That desperation makes it funny.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra