"Easy way? They didn't even give it a proper ending."

Yes, they did.

" You keep harping on about a happy ending, but no one here has suggested that."

Many have.

" What people want is a competently put together ending."

People don't know what they want. Theya re dumb.

"And yes Volo it is the end of the ME trilogy. Just won't be the last game in the universe. "

Try not to predict the future unless you are a seer. It cna lead to embarassment later on.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Don't nuke Canada!

I'm not even certain Volo even played ME3.

AS far as the end of the trilogy, I would think Volo would believe Bio at least [clarification: Bio were the ones that said this was the end], but then maybe he falls into the boat that he distrusts anything Bio says these days (many are starting to fall in that boat with how Bio's handled the ME3 ending debacle).

Edited by greylord

So who is playing the game on the Xbox and would like to play a little bit multiplayer? Feel free to add me to your list.

PS and PS3 owner. However, with the way Bio pushed the MP and didn't really answer specifically on what they were doing about the ending debacle...no way I'll touch their MP currently. Plus, there are better MP games out there anyways, even by EA!

Casey Hudson: "This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we're taking into account so many decisions that you've made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C."

"It's more like there are some really obvious things that are different and then lots and lots of smaller things, lots of things about who lives and who dies, civilizations that rose and fell, all the way down to individual characters. That becomes the state of where you left your galaxy. The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them."

Someone has registered a complaint with the FTC.

Eh, I'd actually be less shocked if BioWare came out with an entirely new ending than I would of the FTC actually doing anything about the complaint.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing ME3 but struggling a bit. Like ME2, it's a pretty polarizing game to me. When it's good, it's a lot of fun. But when it's bad, it's cringe-inducing. Everyone always says that you should switch off your brain when playing these games and just have fun but I can't do that. I can appreciate popcorn stuff at times but the stupidity of some things are of such a nature that it just jumps right at you. Like ME2, I think the game is at its best when you're doing more human stuff, interacting with people. I don't even like most of the characters particularly much (latino beefcake is horrible) but the interactions work well for the most part. I think the writers are at their best in those situations because it's easy and fun to sit through.

The whole war angle doesn't work at all. The crisis of Earth feels *completely* removed from the gameplay even though they constantly try to remind you of it. While I can appreciate the idea of Shepard getting "tired of it all" after being through so much in the games, it doesn't work. Stuff like the boy child in the intro feel so incredibly forced that it's almost funny. And the next moment it's back into action-hero phase again, performing god-like miracles.

What really surprised me though is that I feel the more cinematic quality actually suffers a bit. I don't know if I remember ME2 as being better than it was in this regard but there are quite a lot of moments in ME3 where it's lacking polish in cutscenes, people staring at wrong spots, faces not being animated. Joker looks horrendous, and downright frightening, in a lot of his scenes. And while I remember the ME2 environmental audio as being *really* excellent and really bringing locations to life, the world of ME3 feels empty.

That said, when the game works, it is engaging and I will see it through to the end I'm pretty sure.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

"AS far as the end of the trilogy, I would think Volo would believe Bio at least [clarification: Bio were the ones that said this was the end], but then maybe he falls into the boat that he distrusts anything Bio says these days (many are starting to fall in that boat with how Bio's handled the ME3 ending debacle). "

I trust nobody but myself. Things change all the time. Just because someone says y one day doesn't mean it's true later on.

Just finished the game. Honestly, not sure what the fuzz is about :unsure:

My main beef with the ending is waaay too much grind. Same problem as with Kotor really (except it doesn't seem to be endless respawns here).

My goody two shoes Shepard picked the green ending.

Maybe it's now time for another Shepard to chose all renegade options.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is it too much to hope that they bury this yawn inducing universe and try any of the dozens of established (and better) sci-fi IP's.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Just finished the game. Honestly, not sure what the fuzz is about :unsure:

That sums it up for me, too.

I suppose it boils down to investment.... as always. Sure, they introduced an unknown element right at the very end of the game, an element that openly contradicted one of the major themes of the series. Sure, they didn't even give Shep an explicit Death Scene (VERY strongly implied, yes, but in my ending I didn't put my fingers into the nail wounds on his hands, nor my hand into the spear thrust in his side, so to speak). And sure, they didn't actually fill us in with respect to any sort of "end state" regarding the other races in the galaxy who are, in my Shep's case, doomed to cannibalizing the other races, as they're all pretty much trapped in the same neck of the woods (Sol). And sure, at the end, nothing you did seemed to make one whit of difference, in stark contrast to what the series had been about up to that point. But at the same time, despite seeing the many, many flaws and holes and contradictions...

*shrug*

My feeling is that the level of detail and actual exposition in the ending matched my level of investment in the series very well. But for someone who actually cared about how the turians and Asari and everyone else was going to survive without much of the technology that brought them all together in the first place, I can see how the notable lack of answers would be a little off-putting.

At this point, my interest in the NEXT Mass Effect game is mostly academic: How will the ME Universe be ordered? Will the geth and quarians still be at war? Will there be Reapers lurking about, to provide a Sauron-like "unstoppable" force when the writers need one? What will Earth look like? Will Commander Shepard and the events of the Mass Effect series even be acknowledge as canon?

Beyond that? Enjoyed the series. Will certainly play it again. And this time, I'm going to let that most troublesome of species -- the quarians -- actually survive. Probably. I did find them to be incredibly annoying as a species, after all. Individually quite likable, I thought, but as a society? Trouble.

Most games I find I don't like "gaming the ending" or "building a character" because I get too close and end up feeling like shizzle when I screw someone over. Don't know that it will be a problem in this series. For reasons that I'm already aware of but won't go into, the storytelling simply wasn't that compelling in most cases.

Maybe they will go the StarWars route and do a prequel focusing on Anderson from the first contact war. Not sure how viable that would be in a game that is supposed to have choices. But they are getting closer and closer to SquareEnix fixed characters each release.

I, for one, wouldn't rule out a ME4 with Shepard. I was saying that even ebfore the release and nothing has changed since. Andc, no, ity don't matter what BIo says.. even if they emant it the time.. things change.

They also said they were finished with pre created IPs... then they proceeded to make S:RPG and KOTOR MMO. R00fles!

I wonder how Shepard could survive, the Citadel does seem like it explodes. But, as you said, anything is possible.

Edit : Never mind, it doesn't blow up in every ending.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra