I wonder how Shepard could survive, the Citadel does seem like it explodes. But, as you said, anything is possible.

It's possible to live in ME3 you just need a certain ammount of points and pick the right colour.

But there are far more ways to die, and I really can't see you getting an Orleasian SPECTRE in ME4.

If things carry on the way they are EA may well have pulled the plug by then.

L0L Doomsday L0L

BIo isn't going anywhere any time soon. Espicially with EA creating like 20000 different BIOs.

ME1 sold 500kish copies in the first week. ME2 sold 1millionish copies in a week. ME3 sold 1.87million copies in a week.

Nope, BIO and ME ain't goin' anywhere.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

L0L Doomsday L0L

BIo isn't going anywhere any time soon. Espicially with EA creating like 20000 different BIOs.

ME1 sold 500kish copies in the first week. ME2 sold 1millionish copies in a week. ME3 sold 1.87million copies in a week.

Nope, BIO and ME ain't goin' anywhere.

After the 2nd day sales dropped by pretty much half each day after. It's not going to be Skyrim and that was Biowares best shot to get the big numbers. For comparrison Skyrim sold 3.4 million in Two days. Mass Effect 3 was also hugely expensive to both make and to advertise.

Biowares reputation is in tatters right now and they have no solid IP to fall back on.

FYI - ME1 One platform 500k

ME2 Two platforms 1 million

ME3 Three platforms 1.8 million

Not really seeing that much of an improvement and once you factor in costs , looks even worse.

Edited by BobSmith101

While I'd agree BioWare's games are less successful commercially than Bethesda's, you have to consider that they cost less to make. Of course, that doesn't stop BioWare from hoping to move the same number of copies, but well, I guess when you're that successful you can't help it but want to shoot higher.

If Bio had avoided the latests fiascos, I think they actually could have sold near 10 million at least...and their games would be gold for sellers in competition with the biggest sellers out there...

IMO.

I think they squandered much of those possibilities though.

If Bio had avoided the latests fiascos, I think they actually could have sold near 10 million at least...and their games would be gold for sellers in competition with the biggest sellers out there...

IMO.

I think they squandered much of those possibilities though.

Not so sure. If you look at the figures the sales are all in day 1/2 then drop off rapidly. This was before the ending debacle really took hold if you mean it goes back to DA2 and Day1DLC, that could certainly have had some impact. I don't think EA are going to be as willing to give them blank cheques after this.

"FYI - ME1 One platform 500k

ME3 Three platforms 1.8 million"

The PC is irrelevant. The number of sales it has is miniscule. the PS3 is not much better. And, there's also a lot of overlap since the same potential consumer likely owns 2 or even 3 of those.

ME3 was likely cheaper to make than ME since it refuses a lot of assets and took a shorter amount of time to make.

"If Bio had avoided the latest fiascos, I think they actually could have sold near 10 million at least...and their games would be gold for sellers in competition with the biggest sellers out there..."

Nonsense. BIo will never be one of the biggest boys. No matter what. Ever. They ain't mainstream enough and never will be. If that were true BG2 would have sold 10s of millions. KOTOR as well. not to mention DA1 and ME1. BIO is not at Betehsda's level of mainstream popularity. Ever. There is a reason why Betehsda managed to take a middling not quite successful franchise like FO and made it into easy money. Now ay would do that even if they had made a 'better' version of FO3.

"ME1 sold 500kish copies in the first week. ME2 sold 1millionish copies in a week. ME3 sold 1.87million copies in a week."

the fact youa re guys are discounting the obviousness of these numbers is beyond ridiculous. Talk abotu having blidners on.

"After the 2nd day sales dropped by pretty much half each day after"

Um... this proves what exactly? Everything does. This happens to the most popular of blockbuster movies as well. Obviosuly, the people who REALLY wanted the game got it first day it came out or even preordered so of course your buyers are going to be top heavy. What exactly is your point here?

btw, BG2 was a big hit and sold 2milish copies TOTAL. Maybe 2.5-3mil in its lifetime counting discounts/reissues/GOG/etc.

ME3 sold 1.87M in a week.

yet, BIo is dying?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Are people crazy!?!

P.S. i doubt EA has given BIO a 'blank check' ever. But, considering outside of EA's Maden 9and a few other sports franchises) and he Sims, BIO is likely a top seller for them.. I don't they are crying over it.

But, hey, this is the same forum who think AP and DS3 were successful selling 1mil or less total. L0LZ

Edited by Volourn

I'm irritated with the whole "treating ME3 as failed art because of its crappy ending" approach.

The whole ME series has no artistic quality except excellent (visual) location and character design. Its neither the best narrative in RPG's, nor the best characters, nor the best music, nor the best action in the third person action genre. It never passes beyond "very good" at most in any of these segments.

These outraged fans fail to realise that the story ME's had going couldn't be given purpose by any ending, as it was never going to go beyond blockbuster conventions. It wasn't brave or experimental or original - except in the sense that there are no other AAA sci-fi RPG's.

That the endings are worse than they could be is evident, but seriously, what were they going to do with better ones, crown the trilogy the best thing since pre sliced bread?

Hah!

If that's the case we're suffering a serious drop in standards and expectations. At the same time PST, BGII and the rest turn in their grave.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

"FYI - ME1 One platform 500k

ME3 Three platforms 1.8 million"

The PC is irrelevant. The number of sales it has is miniscule. the PS3 is not much better. And, there's also a lot of overlap since the same potential consumer likely owns 2 or even 3 of those.

ME3 was likely cheaper to make than ME since it refuses a lot of assets and took a shorter amount of time to make.

"If Bio had avoided the latest fiascos, I think they actually could have sold near 10 million at least...and their games would be gold for sellers in competition with the biggest sellers out there..."

Nonsense. BIo will never be one of the biggest boys. No matter what. Ever. They ain't mainstream enough and never will be. If that were true BG2 would have sold 10s of millions. KOTOR as well. not to mention DA1 and ME1. BIO is not at Betehsda's level of mainstream popularity. Ever. There is a reason why Betehsda managed to take a middling not quite successful franchise like FO and made it into easy money. Now ay would do that even if they had made a 'better' version of FO3.

"ME1 sold 500kish copies in the first week. ME2 sold 1millionish copies in a week. ME3 sold 1.87million copies in a week."

the fact youa re guys are discounting the obviousness of these numbers is beyond ridiculous. Talk abotu having blidners on.

"After the 2nd day sales dropped by pretty much half each day after"

Um... this proves what exactly? Everything does. This happens to the most popular of blockbuster movies as well. Obviosuly, the people who REALLY wanted the game got it first day it came out or even preordered so of course your buyers are going to be top heavy. What exactly is your point here?

btw, BG2 was a big hit and sold 2milish copies TOTAL. Maybe 2.5-3mil in its lifetime counting discounts/reissues/GOG/etc.

ME3 sold 1.87M in a week.

yet, BIo is dying?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Are people crazy!?!

P.S. i doubt EA has given BIO a 'blank check' ever. But, considering outside of EA's Maden 9and a few other sports franchises) and he Sims, BIO is likely a top seller for them.. I don't they are crying over it.

But, hey, this is the same forum who think AP and DS3 were successful selling 1mil or less total. L0LZ

You really don't follow bioware at all, despite what you say, do you?

Bio built a pretty good solid following. With DA2 the general sentiment was that everyone was going to give them a second chance, in fact most of those griping even stated they would pre-order ME3. Most of those day 1 sales probably WERE inclusive of pre-orders.

With the ad campaign and the rest of it, I think ME3 was bound to be up there with the CoD games in sales....as long as they didn't screw things up. With DA2, along with other noises...they hurt themselves somewhat. They've hurt LONG TERM sales, meaning those over a week, with the latest fiasco...and that probably would be half the sales right there that they've lost. People who hadn't quite bought it yet and were put off by the entire DA2 thing probably have solidified their options of whether to or not to buy.

ME3 was bound to be a hit regardless, the only question was how big a hit. Bioware basically shot themselves in the foot several times.

I personally think there's more going on behind the scenes than fans will think about or support. I think Bio WANTED ME3 to be the end of the series...and EA wanted an MMO, an FPS, and other games out of the ME franchise...aka...to milk the ME franchise. Bio smiles and makes nice...and quietly does what they do to try to kill that idea.

Destory the ME universe...and it greatly dampens EA's opportunities. Yes...I'm saying Bio purposefully has those inside of it fighting against the EA influence. Regardless of what they smile and say...afterall you don't tell your boss to go screw himself unless you want to get fired...even if he's wrong. You do it much more subtle and politically.

However, this still may shoot them in the foot.

But if you knew anything about the DA2 and ME3 fiasco...it's not ME3 that is seriously going to have a hard time selling, it was always going to be the game after ME3, dependant on WHAT happened with ME3. Right now I'm not thinking it looks all that bright...but we'll see.

I think if they hadn't sabatoged themselves, Bio could have propelled themselves up to CoD status games in terms of sales with anything they released after ME3. Currently I don't think that's going to even be a possibility anymore.

AS far as referring to BG2 and all that, those were purely PC games...and came out over a decade ago. What are you smoking. That's like saying Blizzard could never move a game with 8 million units because it's original Warcraft game didn't come close to that. That comparison you made is just...

So Volourn....

"I think ME3 was bound to be up there with the CoD games in sales...."

HAHAHAHA! And, I'm the delusional BIO fanboy? BIO, and ME never ever had a chance to ever have sales COD. Come on now, get a grip on reality.

"AS far as referring to BG2 and all that, those were purely PC games..."

And, it came out at a time when PC games were pretty hot and on the heels of a very successful BG1... yet it didn't sell any more units.

You overrate BIO. BIO is not popular enough to get COD sales. Period.

"I think ME3 was bound to be up there with the CoD games in sales...."

HAHAHAHA! And, I'm the delusional BIO fanboy? BIO, and ME never ever had a chance to ever have sales COD. Come on now, get a grip on reality.

"AS far as referring to BG2 and all that, those were purely PC games..."

And, it came out at a time when PC games were pretty hot and on the heels of a very successful BG1... yet it didn't sell any more units.

You overrate BIO. BIO is not popular enough to get COD sales. Period.

Yes, I'm a Bio Fanboi as you would put it...and even I HAVE problems with the ending of ME3.

Hey...why are such Volourn about these things?

Then again, you probably just can't help it.

im about 4 hours into ME3 and so far... its much worse than me2. does it get better or is this game considered way worse than the second?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

im about 4 hours into ME3 and so far... its much worse than me2. does it get better or is this game considered way worse than the second?

Entirely subjective of course, but in years to come I think ME2 is the one I might dust off on occasion, whereas ME3 will be archived and forgotten after my second playthrough. While individual combats in ME2 may have been more linear than a linear particle accellerator, ME3's entire plot is "railroaded", even if individual set piece combats are more varied.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heh, thanks for that...

Just to be clear, I'm NO Volourn, nor do I want to act quite so...like a Volourn.

But I do want to say I actually see how the endings COULD make sense...as Endings...not just the entire stupid Indoc idea people tossed around (I personally leaned more towards seeing how the indoc idea actually makes MORE sense then the endings as endings...BUT I also hate the idea of being shipped an incomplete game so much that the entire idea of having to D/L an ending of several hundred megs is kind of repulsive).

I also say...hey...it's only what...10 minutes out of the rest of the game.

BUT, I also see where everyone else is coming from. When 90% of the fans of a 50K poll stand up and say...this is soooo Volourn....I'd say anyone in their right mind should probably stand up and listen. Even if I think I know where bio was coming from with the ending, I also agree the ending was handled pretty badly. That Bio has acted so arrogantly thus far in regards to their fans is even more infuriating however...and seems pretty awful.

I'd say it does. The first part is sort of forced upon you with very little choice. It opens up a great deal AFTER you hit the Citadel portions.

I just finished. I don't get all the RAGE over the ending. I thought it was kinda cool. Now to play my Female Shep and romance Mr. SEXAY James! <3 Oh and playing the entire game up to the final mission, AND THEN just discovering the Weapon Upgrade terminal on the ship.... Priceless. I played the entire game with level 2 weapons. I thought this game seemed just a tad bit difficult. r00fles!

I just finished. I don't get all the RAGE over the ending. I thought it was kinda cool. Now to play my Female Shep and romance Mr. SEXAY James! <3 Oh and playing the entire game up to the final mission, AND THEN just discovering the Weapon Upgrade terminal on the ship.... Priceless. I played the entire game with level 2 weapons. I thought this game seemed just a tad bit difficult. r00fles!

Vega isn't a romance interest.

Vega isn't a romance interest.

He tries to be.

And I'm gonna disagree with gorth. ME3 is railroaded in the sense that in every situation there's only really one start and one end point (with variation), but there is a HUGE variety of between points. While ME2 was more a start, middle, and end linear segment, with different strings of stuff to do (in a straight line) in any order.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And I'm gonna disagree with gorth.

How dare you? :bat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein