RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

i will probably buy dark souls on pc (even though i have it on ps3 already), i would KILL for a toolkit for that game, i know it won't happen, but still :(

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Dark Souls is coming to PC. I guess petitions CAN make a difference after all..

Good that the PC only guys will get to play this. Especially if your a masochist.

If it gets quicksave it'll be much easier.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Good that the PC only guys will get to play this. Especially if your a masochist.

This is a game that quite deliberately lacks a pause option.

Something tells me that quicksave is not in the plans.

A good trainer could help it tho.

If it doesn't have quicksave its not fit for the PC gaming master race.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

If it doesn't have quicksave its not fit for the PC gaming master race.

It saves constantly. If you're in the middle of a level, all you have to do is exit the game and the next time you boot the game your character will be at the exact same location.

It annoys me that a game that so closely resembles the original Gothic, both in appearance and difficulty level, doesn't resonate with me at all. And I can't figure out why! Where in Gothic I found an enjoyable challenge, in Dark Souls all I feel is pointless..ness (Is that a word? **** it, it is now!). It's not that it's too difficult, as it's entirely possible to grind your way slowly forward.. it's not that the story is uninteresting, at least not more so than Gothic.. it's not that the game mechanics don't appeal to me, Gothic had the same physical combat..

So what's wrong?! Argh, stupid brain, stop being so arbitrary!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It annoys me that a game that so closely resembles the original Gothic, both in appearance and difficulty level, doesn't resonate with me at all. And I can't figure out why! Where in Gothic I found an enjoyable challenge, in Dark Souls all I feel is pointless..ness (Is that a word? **** it, it is now!). It's not that it's too difficult, as it's entirely possible to grind your way slowly forward.. it's not that the story is uninteresting, at least not more so than Gothic.. it's not that the game mechanics don't appeal to me, Gothic had the same physical combat..

I do not know what it is, but there is definately something strange with Dark Souls... I realy enjoyed Demon's Souls, but somehow I am missing something when playing Dark Souls...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I loved Demon's Souls and even if Dark Souls is basically more of the same, I still had a lot more fun with Demon's Souls. I can't explain why, that's just the way it is.

Can't say I found the games all that similar.

Gothic/Risen is the typical PC attempt at the sandbox with unrestricted saving/loading.

Dark Souls is like an mix between console adventure game and an MMO - one screw up and hours of progress might need redoing.

So what's wrong?!

you're older now, that's what

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Day 1 purchase for sure if that's what it is.

Oh yes!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Dark Souls is like an mix between console adventure game and an MMO - one screw up and hours of progress might need redoing.

I'm not really seeing the MMO elements, nothing that you can't find in single-player RPGs anyway. And hours of progress is one hell of a stretch, the game is choke-full of checkpoints and other players online pretty much infallibly tell you where they are. Only place where I admittedly checked a guide to see where the bonfire was is Lost Izalith, but even that area could be done without it and it's not even particularly difficult once you learn the pattern/tricks to it.

I haven't been following Diablo III news closely in 2012, but apparently it will ship without PvP, wich will be patched in later. Probably old news, but a surprise to me.

I was once a huge fan of the Diablo series. Was even once ranked on the ladders. With the announcement of it being online only, and basically very similar to an MMO in my opinion...my interest started waning until now, unless it comes to consoles and on the consoles doesn't have the stupid...always have to be on the internet BS...I'm not interested in it anymore.

Blizzard can take their bags and pack it for all I care...in their catering to the online crowd and ignoring the online/offline crowd and also fans of their series for years...well...I'll continue with Diablo II, but I've lost all interest (for the most part) in Diablo III.

That would be cool, to control and level up a K-Bot.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And a trainer, but those PC graphics make it worth it.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

you know something is wrong with you when you can say that frustrating = fun.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I guess there's something wrong with me because I'm trying to learn certain passage on the guitar, and it's frustrating as hell at the moment. And yet I still find laying the guitar... FUN?! And even more so when I finally nail that hard section.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

And yet I still find laying the guitar... FUN?!

like I said. I never found learning parts fun. only playing them once I had finally learned them. the process of learning is hell and is one of the reasons I haven't touched my guitars in 4 years

Walsingham said: