RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

i could see going for the $100, but i want to see some more concept art/design doc stuff before buying.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Pity that excellent animation technology will be wasted on another badly written QTE turd.

I thought HR was written well although it's obvious that there were cut story arcs that were important for tying everything together. Hopefully the third attempt will manage to get a complete story.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Assassin's Creed 3 creative director Alex Hutchinson on "cancerous growth" of AAA games

Speaking at a 2012 Game Developers Conference session titled "Designing Games to Sell," Hutchinson said he envisions two "dystopian" futures for the game industry. One, he said, is where the only games that sell are focused on analytics, and are obsessed with making money.

The other, according to Hutchison, is what he described as a "massive arms race," where studios are "pushing for graphical fidelity and working on the sheer scale of games."

"We think about [this push] as kind of cancerous growth," he said. "I think that will leave the AAA blockbusters as nothing more than the last of the dinosaurs."

Assassin's Creed 3 creative director Alex Hutchinson on "cancerous growth" of AAA games

Speaking at a 2012 Game Developers Conference session titled "Designing Games to Sell," Hutchinson said he envisions two "dystopian" futures for the game industry. One, he said, is where the only games that sell are focused on analytics, and are obsessed with making money.

The other, according to Hutchison, is what he described as a "massive arms race," where studios are "pushing for graphical fidelity and working on the sheer scale of games."

"We think about [this push] as kind of cancerous growth," he said. "I think that will leave the AAA blockbusters as nothing more than the last of the dinosaurs."

He also added another line:

"In my mind video games need to have the goal of educating people, entertaining people, or at least being artistic[...]"

You'd think that the entertaining part pretty much covers all games made today.

Rainbow six is kinda pointless as another generic cover based shooter. The first few games set up the action extremely well and even let you plan out the entire mission with waypoints. The briefing was a major component. Now it's more or less terrorists have attacked ..whatever... go there and duck behind tables while you wait for them to reload.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

3.5 million suckers born every minute

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.