RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

that's why I'm worried. first-person view doesn't work for me in games, except when it's a shooter on rails.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

stealth games are a prime example of why first-person view just plain sucks. in order to be stealthy you have to be aware of your environment at all times, I imagine being aware of your body's position is very important, just as peripheral vision is important.

I just don't see an FPS game providing all of that. they could do what Deus Ex HR did and half-ass it. or they could just make it a 3rd-person game, like they should've from the very beginning

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

stealth games are a prime example of why first-person view just plain sucks. in order to be stealthy you have to be aware of your environment at all times, I imagine being aware of your body's position is very important, just as peripheral vision is important.

So you mean that FPP games (thanks to denying player information he should not posses) can actually induce tension and perhaps even fear in ways 3rd person games can't?

Logically then they are far better at conveying any stealth/horror experience.

It works when it is executed to perfection, as in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and Amnesia.

I think that's the first time I've heard Dark Corners of the Earth and executed to perfection in the same sentence.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"Dishonored is a first-person action game"

why didn't you say so in the first place... next!

What's with all that Dishonored hate around here?

We're talking about a game here which is designed by the leads of Arx Fatalis and Deus Ex 1. I suppose people don't like intelligent, stealthy FPS around here.

Meanwhile, the next Call of Dooty is gonna sell 45 million units.

Next.

We're talking about a game here which is designed by the leads of Arx Fatalis and Deus Ex 1. I suppose people don't like intelligent, stealthy FPS around here.

If there's a kick button, it's a first day buy.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yes, it's unfathomable Harvey Smith could deliver a melon.

*cough* deus ex: invisible war *cough*

Yes, it's unfathomable Harvey Smith could deliver a melon.

*cough* deus ex: invisible war *cough*

Lead Designer != Project Director, silly.

Yes, means you can't let him work unsupervised. ;)

I don't understand all this Harvey Smith hate.

Nobody could have made a good game with that utterly broken engine, with the Xbox 1 as a priority, nobody.

But keep kicking the dead horse, you haters.

On that account you are right, but I'm sure that SOMEBODY could've put at least one redeeming quality into the game. As it is, there are none.

Nobody could have made a good game with that utterly broken engine, with the Xbox 1 as a priority, nobody.

Their "one rogue coder" excuse for the state of the engine is about as credible as "one rogue trader" excuses from banks. It just might be technically accurate, but the monumentally borked lack of supervision that allows that to happen is in itself a very significant problem and that can be laid entirely at the feet of management, including Smith and, frankly, everyone right up to and including Spector.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

GW2 available for pre-purchase from April 10th + Collector's Edition unveiled.

Pretty much the usual stuff: Character statue, artbook, paintings, making-of, OST.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-2012-mechwarrior-online/727976

MechWarrior Online GDC gameplay footage.

Edited by Oner

^ One day I'm going to travel around the world and punch publishers till they learn that informing your consumers should be a friggin' priority. I don't give a rat's ass about half of Obs' project because I've given up on keeping track with what Working Title #1, 2 and 3 are, what they're supposed to be, etc.

Also, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4612389/Diablo_III_Launching_May_15_–_Digital_Pre-Sales_NOW_OPEN-3_15_2012#blog

"The end of days approaches"... gee, I wonder what Diablo 2 was about then. A picnic with the Lord of Hell?

Ctrl+F Baldur 0 of 0

So, I see nobody is talking about the hot news.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."