RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

I'm skipping it aswell, but with different reasons. Characters stored on servers? Asshats.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Thought SC2 wasn't worth it, ambivalent about this one but I won't have my desktop around much May-August, so I guess I'll have time to see how the feedback pans out.

I'm skipping it too. Too mindless for my tastes nowadays. I should have skipped SC2 too but I was itching to play a good RTS.

People droned on about the death of adventures for years, yet the RTS practically died overnight without anyone noticing.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Wing Commander Saga released

Right now the servers are all too overloaded, but I'm eager to try this puppy.

Woohoo, perfect for my new Thrustmaster joystick.

Morgoth... :wub:

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I just purchased the WoW season pass so Ill definately be playing D3. Dont care about the always online requirement or server side characters, its just like WoW to me.

Exactly.

In other news

http://www.techreign.com/tag/max-payne-3-release-date/

Max Payne in some places is said to be releasing on May 15...exact same Date as diablo III. If true...I think they are taking some really big missteps with that game.

So if we don't have Freespace 2, I guess it's a wash?

Better to ask, why don't you have Freespace 2 ?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, Prey1 was also known for being Doom, without the flashlight, more bewbs and some lady parts tacked onto the walls.

Oh and a good gravity yutzing mechanic.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

to hell with Steam, I wish there was a way to buy from the company directly :(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

to hell with Steam, I wish there was a way to buy from the company directly :(

Yeah, this. I would buy New Vegas and DS III immediately. Well, immediately being when next months paycheck comes. Bloody Wasteland 2. :&--#60;

In other news; http://www.rockpaper...irefly-ey-game/

I wonder when Sega will kill the Alpha Protocol servers? Don't dare uninstall the game. Not that I want to though, I still play it from time to time.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I wonder when Sega will kill the Alpha Protocol servers? Don't dare uninstall the game. Not that I want to though, I still play it from time to time.

They've already killed the servers and the last patch gets rid of the DRM.

• Like 1