RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Since Morgoth did his list, I'm gonna do mine:

Crusader Kings 2 (pre-ordered)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Steam sales -75% if it gets decent reviews)

Syndicate (Again Steam sales depending on reviews)

Max Payne 3 (Same as above)

Alan Wake's American Nightmare (Will grab this at some point)

Mass Effect 3 (Day 1)

Aliens: Colonial Marines (depending on reviews when it hits 7,99 or something like that on Steam, SEEEEEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAA ain't getting more from me)

South Park: The Game (Day 1)

XCOM: EU (maybe)

That's about it. So far seems like a quite bad year for me :/

Hate the living, love the dead.

That's about it. So far seems like a quite bad year for me :/

Heh, Gorth's list: ...

Not currently looking forward to anything. I'll probably pick up something in my usual spontaneous way. Indie games, strategy games, whatever catches my fancy in the heat of the moment :aiee:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Looking forward to X-COM EU, Max Payne 3., not much else really.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Xcom is a definite day one purchase. Other than that, it's too early in the year for me to tell. Hopefully TOR will keep my attention for most of the time and keep me from spending too much on new games.

edit: Forgot Mass Effect 3. That's a day 1 purchase, I'm excited to see how they wrap it up.

Edited by Hurlshot

Diablo 3 this year? yeah, keep dreaming :aiee:

Mass Effect 3. That's a day 1 purchase, I'm excited to see how they wrap it up.

if it's the same as in the leaked files, it's a train wreck

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

XCOM, Darksiders II and Max Payne 3 are three games I'm strongly interested for this year. Can't think of anything else, though I'm at least curious about South Park: The Game because I like the TV series (plenty of bad there, but also plenty of good) and because it's from Obsidian (again, plenty of bad, but also plenty of good).

Plenty of backlog to clear too, so I'm trying to limit my gaming purchases this year. :)

Mass Effect 3. That's a day 1 purchase, I'm excited to see how they wrap it up.

if it's the same as in the leaked files, it's a train wreck

Yes, because leaked files are always how I judge the quality of upcoming releases. :)

It's very trendy to hate on Bioware right now, but the fact is I enjoyed ME1 and ME2 tremendously, so they've earned my money. Heck, ME2 is the first game I've even bothered with DLC for.

As for the rest of the games this year, I'm sure towards the end of it I'll be ready for a bunch of new purchases, but I'm extremely happy with my current stock of games that came out at the end of 2011. TOR is a big one, but if I want a shooter I've got BF3. If I want a sword swinging sandbox I've got Skyrim, and if I want to run people over and buy up real estate I've got Saint's Row 3. Even Minecraft released officially in 2011. I've also got Batman: AC for whenever I want something new.

This year's list so far is basically me3 (and, to nobody's surprise, I'm sure) I've preordered it on two platforms. With swtor and the new job, probably going to be buying a lot less games this year, anyway.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think I'll also play Syndicate, need to experience some truly sucky games.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Crusader Kings 2, February 14.

Definitely.. I wish they would make the ability to import save games between their games.. Imagine playing from 1066 to 1964.. :)

Isn't there plenty of fan savegame converters that can do that?

As for CK2 I'll wait to see if Paradox has finally learned to multi-thread their games.

The Clausewitz engine games run fine for me on my new computer, even with the limited multithreading. I can't remember if they said they'll change it for CK2.

I tried to play CK1 a whiel ago and found it hard to get into because the way Pdox interfaces work means it's really hard to have an intuitive overview of all the characters and where they are and what they're up to. You have to actively keep track, otherwise people die or move and you just lose them in the pile of names. I could handle Rome OK though, and I'm hoping they improved on this aspect for CK2.

Yes, because leaked files are always how I judge the quality of upcoming releases. -_-

no, that's how I judge them :)

It's very trendy to hate on Bioware right now

I don't agree, unless you mean on this forum :lol: anyway, the last game by Bioware I enjoyed was Dragon Age, and before that - KOTOR. so, it's not exactly following a trend in my case. more like a case of severe disenchantment

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Preorders? More planned than the whole of last year.

CK2.

Magna Mundi

ME3

Not absolutely 100% on a pre-order for ME3 but it's very likely.

As for CK2 I'll wait to see if Paradox has finally learned to multi-thread their games.

They've had multithreading since at least the Heir to the Throne beta patch phase.

They've had multithreading since at least the Heir to the Throne beta patch phase.

Too bad they forgot about it when they made Victoria 2.

At least Paradox has an excuse as you shouldn't load frequently in their games.

Creative Assembly however is on whole other level.

I'll borrow Mass Effect 3 if I'm able, to wrap that up but I'm not buying it. I no longer have my save files, but I probably won't miss out on much there if the ME to ME2 transition is anything to go buy.

Quite interested in the new Xcom, I have a lot of faith in Firaxis.

Will watch the new Max Payne and new GTA from a distance. Max Payne was really a perfect stand alone game, the sequel was completely unnecessary so I'm not hot about this one either.

New GTA will have to bring something fresh to the table or there's no point investing in that anymore. I loved IV because of its story and protagonist but overall the actual gameplay felt worn out, rehashed.

I'll make up my mind up about South Park after the demo comes out.

Beyond that, who knows. Here's hoping that PC gaming extracts itself from the quagmire its languishing in this year. I'm tired of badly ported, graphically poor, gameplay dumb console games.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.