What are you playing now?

Gorth

Then using a repair mag and you'll get ED-E when you enter Primm the very first time in the beginning of the game. :>

My repair skill is fairly decent now (a natural 55 I think). Where do you find ED-E in Primm?

Edit to add: I've got Boone in my little party of two now, but i have a suspicion he is going to be trouble next time i visit a Legion outpost. Can you "park" companions or swap them out when taking new onboard?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

ED-E is in the Mojave Express office in Primm (a dead courier just outside).

And yeah, you can "park" companions wherever you wish. If you do park them, they are still considered part of your party though. You can also tell them to leave, at which point they will leave the party and return to the point where you recruited them (or to your "base" that you acquire a bit later in the game). This is what you do if you wish to bring a new party member with you.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

ED-E is in the Mojave Express office in Primm (a dead courier just outside).

And yeah, you can "park" companions wherever you wish. If you do park them, they are still considered part of your party though. You can also tell them to leave, at which point they will leave the party and return to the point where you recruited them (or to your "base" that you acquire a bit later in the game). This is what you do if you wish to bring a new party member with you.

:p

I sort of have a "base" in my Novac motel room, but that is probably not the one you are referring to. The powers that be knows that the safe in there is filled up with my collected wasteland junk. Need more survival skill and exotic ingredients to use the bulk of it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You can fix ED-E without using Repair skill, by collecting and applying the necessary junk parts.

So, pretty much the way I could fix the robot to become the new sheriff (either high skill or less skill and more spare parts) :p

Might give that a try when I get home from work tonight.

You can fix ED-E without using Repair skill, by collecting and applying the necessary junk parts.

Yea, but I found it faster to repair him via skill than searching for the parts. Especially because the needed parts had been adjusted with one of the patches, so it wasn't as easy anymore. And as I have repair very high all the time anyway (want to get jurry rigging perk as fast as possible), it's no big deal for me.

Heh, in fact, speech, repair, science and lockpick are my priority skills, always. The weapon skills are what I touch at a later point in the game, because even with a low combat skill you aren't that weak and I just hate it not to be able to open a lock or hack a terminal or win in dialogue.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Heh, in fact, speech, repair, science and lockpick are my priority skills, always. The weapon skills are what I touch at a later point in the game, because even with a low combat skill you aren't that weak and I just hate it not to be able to open a lock or hack a terminal or win in dialogue.

I've probably neglected my speech skill somewhat, as I put points in Energy Weapons. Sort of playing one of the characters I enjoyed in FO and FO2 (the "geek", focusing on energy weapons, science and doctor). I noticed when playing FO3 though, that Doctor is somewhat limited in its usefulness, so I didn't put anything in that and split it between lockpick and repair.

I just find it a bit sad, that I am kind of "working" towards specific skill values in the game for specific scenes. That means, I am managing the way I spend my skill points in a way that I get the best outcome in a specific sitation of the game, always. Especially in the beginning it is very clear: Goodsprings gets my lockpick and repair points, Primm gets more repair points (ED-E), speech on the way to the Mojave Outpost and then Nipton, for Novac, I put lots of points in science for the Repconn questline and when I move on to Camp Forlorn Hope, I put all my points to get the doctor skill to ~45 or 50. Helios One is repair / science again, etc.

So I am not really creating my character based on how I want to play him, I am creating my character based on the quests I have to face. After Boulder City I become much less strict in it, because then I continue with whatever my current mood is up for. I don't know if it's the way the game is buildup that makes me "play" it like this, or if it's just the big amount of skillpoints and that I know I am able to max out at least two weapon skills at later point anyway, so I see no reason to spend any skill points certain skills in the beginning of the game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Played some more Dawn of War 2 Retribution. I've played a mission or two as every race and it doesn't seem there's any reason to keep playing after playing through with one. I was hoping for maybe a little more differences than I've seen so far, but I'll give up on that hope.

Clash of Heroes as well. On Godric, the second character. One thing that bugs me a little is all the sidequests I've got for him are too high a level so far. So I can't run around doing the sidequests as I get them. I have to go do the main quest, then hit the sidequests as I get the appropriate level. Makes it feel somewhat more linear than it looks.

Hit up a little Space Marine also last night. The problem that makes me think my card is frying happened and it seemed to happen worse than before. But given a few facts about it, I'm thinking maybe the card isn't frying, maybe it's just the terrible ati drivers. That may just be me in denial.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Right now I'm playing nothing, but I'm looking forward to Dark Souls. I know I probably will never finish this game (unless I put 500 hours into it, which I certainly won't), but Demon's Souls was so addictive, so hey, why not?

You know.. that's the next game I'm buying for my almost forgotten Xbox 360. I've only bought a few games, all games that have not appeared on PC, but I have been burnt too many times. Enslaved, anyone?!

I played Demon's Souls on my cousin's PS3 though. If Dark Souls is anything like that, I'm in. If my Xbox 360 still works..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Right now I'm playing nothing, but I'm looking forward to Dark Souls. I know I probably will never finish this game (unless I put 500 hours into it, which I certainly won't), but Demon's Souls was so addictive, so hey, why not?

You know.. that's the next game I'm buying for my almost forgotten Xbox 360. I've only bought a few games, all games that have not appeared on PC, but I have been burnt too many times. Enslaved, anyone?!

I played Demon's Souls on my cousin's PS3 though. If Dark Souls is anything like that, I'm in. If my Xbox 360 still works..

too funny, i actually bought enslaved and dead space 2 in the same week. those were the last console games i bought...

i am gonna get dark souls though, probably on my ps3, and will probably get arkham city on my ps3 too. i really only use my xbox for borderlands and fighting games. everything else is on pc, or ps3 (i like the controller on ps3 better for most action games)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Re-playing Icewind Dale II with a mildly cheated solo character.

Solo Ironman Icewind Dale series sounds good. :) Though it'll be painful to have to never use so much loot...

I just preordered Dark Souls for the PS3 today, actually got the Collector's Edition through Amazon since they restocked so I'm pretty excited. Spent some time with Demon Souls, but not nearly enough and I'm really looking forward to this one for sure.

I wanted to see if my Xbox still worked, so I started it up and bought an indie game called Dead Pixels. Sort of a side-scrolling 2D RPG. It was fun, but it was over in 3 hours!

Glad to see that red ring inducing piece of sh..tech still worked though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just finished Morrowind for the first time last week, now I'm on to Oblivion in an attempt to make it through the whole main plot for the first time. Also have a game of X3:TC that's been going since early this year, between other games.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

I wanted to see if my Xbox still worked, so I started it up and bought an indie game called Dead Pixels. Sort of a side-scrolling 2D RPG. It was fun, but it was over in 3 hours!

Glad to see that red ring inducing piece of sh..tech still worked though.

One assumes you mean this:

I don't know how much you actually paid for it, I assume 80MS points... Hell even at 240MS points I think 3 hrs content isn't so bad.

Heck, Streets of rage was about that long far as I recall.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!