Deus Ex 3

why would you trust the words from someone who cheats steals and lies?

Same as trusting anyone else then. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

if you only know liars and cheats then i feel really sorry for you :lol:

edit: and i mean habitually, everyone has cheated or lied at some point in their life. but not everyone makes a habit of it.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

if you only know liars and cheats then i feel really sorry for you :lol:

edit: and i mean habitually, everyone has cheated or lied at some point in their life. but not everyone makes a habit of it.

Sure they make a habit, it's called being polite ;) I'm not sure people pirating the game will approach it with a negative bias though. That'd be an interesting study to carry out though, thinking on it...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I actually forgot the release date was this week, Friday in the UK I think, something for the weekend then :lol:

Yup, Amazon.co.uk is listing the shipping date as 25-26th.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Great, my pre-order will arrive before my repaired computer. Awesome :(

Haha, sucks to be you :lol:

I've been playing for just a little bit, completed the first mission and ran around a bit in the office building where you work.

Early to judge but seems very promising so far. Thought the mission level looked a bit boring overall unfortunately but level design seems pretty sound. It's hard to get a grip of with just one playthrough but it does seem fairly supportive of more than one way to get through them, some alternate paths and all that. That was the main thing I was missing from Alpha Protocol if one should draw comparisons, in some ways the two games feel pretty close to one another actually.

Playing at normal difficulty and it's definitely possible to get killed. I'm trying mainly for a more sneaking approach and if you get caught in a bad spot, you can die really quickly. I've never been good at sneaking games though so I probably suck at it.

Controls takes a bit getting used to and I think the game feels a bit... I don't know. Definitely wouldn't say clunky because that would be an exaggeration but it could feel more responsive at times I think. More smooth.

The look of the game is hit and miss. Some parts ooze with atmosphere, especially stuff like the advertisements for in-game companies, signs and stuff like that. But it also feels a bit too sterile for my tastes in other areas. Technically speaking the game is nothing amazing I think but the for-the-most-part-good visual design helps a lot. A lot of the impact of the game comes from the sound actually which is excellent. The music especially is absolutely right for the game, fits perfectly.

So far so good!

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I just got bugged by the self reference/product placement.

In your tech guy's room there's a FFXVII poster and one of the buildings you see in one of the early establishing fly by shots is of Eidos.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'll wait for what the thieves say. Since they have no monetary investment, and subsequently no emotional one either, i expect them to have more truthful reviews.

why would you trust the words from someone who cheats steals and lies?

edit: also, seriously, these people have just as much bias to say a game is bad so it excuses them stealing it.

Well, if Captain Blackbeard caught loot that wasn't worth anything, he would've made a big fuzz about how bad it was. Anyhoo, here's the gametrailers review.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Gamespot gave the game only 85. If I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Gamespot gave the game only 85. If I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.

Have you seen their score for the original deus ex?

edit: and never watch gametrailers reviews. they just spoil you and never say anything useful.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Having played for a while I honestly gotta say that I think that they really needed to work on animations and better voice selection.

It felt like I was trying to talk to a bunch of machines who would use the same five poses no matter their situation (a woman at one point sobbed at me while acting as if I'd said something very profound and sage about the state of the economy.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

played for 11 hours so far.

it feels almost exactly like deus ex, with better graphics and shooting, and slightly worse everything else.

so far its great.

its also oddly dated in just the right places to make it feel like deus ex (stiff animations, several too-sterile environments). not sure if these oversights were intentional throwbacks to how deus ex was originally a bit dated in some areas. or merely that in the process of making a game like deus ex, some things must be sacrificed for the good of the overall game.

the detroit hub is bigger i think than any area in the original deus ex. or feels at least as big.

also, there are general a few more mazes of tunnels, and a few less really wide open spaces.

i know im making lots of mistakes with my aug choices and intentory management, which also reminds me of my first deus ex playthrough. im greatly looking forward to my next playthrough.

last thing: 11 hours in and no boss fights yet. im moving slow and exploring literally every nook and cranny but this game seems very very long for a modern shooter. may actually end up with the same length as original game.

for reference: deus ex is one of my top 5 favorite games of all time, and i've played many times through. so when i say this game reminds me a lot of deus ex, i mean it really does, not just tickles some old memories i have.

unfortunately, because it is so similar to deus ex, it will probably not achieve such legendary status, after all, the original can only be done once.

edit: so in short, if you were on the fence, but LOVE the original game - this is a worthy sequel, probably not BETTER, but still worthy.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.