Deus Ex 3

The one thing that's frustrating me right now is that by this point (in terms of hours) in DX1 I was up to my eyeballs in MIB/MJ12/Illuminati stuff... I've just got corporate espianoge.

Do like finding the little nods to other games though (versalife shows up on medical boxes for example).

As to the melee issue, I wouldn't mind it so much if I could "put em up!" and beat somebody down with my fists as well as the standard takedowns. I mean the guy is running around with a pair of sledgehammers on his arms and he's not getting into fistfights with all those idiot gangbangers?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Cutscenes is really the only way to do two at once.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So in the wake of the press over GameStop's actions.. they've apparently decided to just pull all physical copies of the pc version of thegame from their shelves.. and are refusing to sell it unless Square Enix provides copies that do not include the OnLive coupon...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm glad I'm not working tomorrow, it'll be a 3 day deusexathon.

Still at the Sarif plant, I just used cardboard boxes to block a turrets view. I'm a god damn super genius. I suppose if I had the strength aug I could just pick it up and have it face the wall.

Though I'm playing on hard, I tried the game with the highlighting on and though it was horrible. Highlighting what you can interact with just makes all the stuff you can't stand out more. Much nicer without it.

So far the only thing that has bugged me is that dropping a crate makes a rather loud noise, but no one seems to hear it.

Why not get it from Steam? Are you also fighting the good fight?

Damn right I fight the power. Also I have a bandwidth cap and I still kind of like a physical copy, albeit for games I'm not just 'meh' towards makes replaying on a whim slightly easier.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I suppose if I had the strength aug I could just pick it up and have it face the wall.

You can even hack it, let it attack your enemies and carry it around while it kills stuff. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So in the wake of the press over GameStop's actions.. they've apparently decided to just pull all physical copies of the pc version of thegame from their shelves.. and are refusing to sell it unless Square Enix provides copies that do not include the OnLive coupon...

Oh, this'll be fun. Is this going to be the moment that publishers realize they don't need Gamestop at all for new sales? Or will Square Enix cave because it turns out that they actually do?

Anyway, I only just left Detroit for the next off-site mission. At 15 hours in! But that's counting my three replays of the first mission.

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love yaaaaa tomorrow, tomorrows just a daaaay awaaaaay!

This!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Updated

This latest patch addresses:

A frequent issue for AMD/ATI hardware users that can cause the game to crash on startup.

Improvements to loading speed. The speed increase depends on machine spec and settings, but loading time improvements of over 50% have been measured on some machines.

Some control fixes:

Diagonal movement is no longer faster as intended.

Adjustments have been made to mouse sensitivity in response to user feedback.

Mouse sensitivity for X and Y axis can still be configured separately, but is now consistent when set to default settings.

The range of settings for mouse sensitivity has been adjusted to provide for more accurate adjusting.

The default mouse sensitivity has been altered to be somewhat less sensitive.

Diagonal movement is no longer faster as intended.

Heh, that was already in the beta. It ended up with me running diagonal nearly all of the time, because you have been faster than sprinting.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

That's how I've been running around. I'm going to feel so slow tonight. :p

A frequent issue for AMD/ATI hardware users that can cause the game to crash on startup

Huh, QA's gotta be blushing about that one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Huh, I have an Intel/ATI setup, it's running as smooth as butter.

Just finished the boss fight, which was a bit unfun. But the rest of the game has been a total blast. I would say it is just as good as the original.

Just finished the boss fight, which was a bit unfun. But the rest of the game has been a total blast. I would say it is just as good as the original.

The one crticism that seems consistant is that the boss fights suck. Other than that and a few minor criticisms the game sounds great. Think I'm going to wait for it to drop in price a bit before I bite. :)

ok. i finally got fed up with my bad decision making and decided to restart the game.

just like the first time i played deus ex!

lol.

this time im not spending upgrade points on augs i really dont need. will be much more careful about where to spend them on this time. im also limiting my weapons this time, just a silent pistol, a sniper for long range, and a revolver for damage in case i screw up and get in a real fight.

im back at the sarif plant, almost to the point where i have the conversation with mr. terrorist.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i did, then i updated my driver for my graphics card and the game has been 100% flawless since then

edit: card was nvidia 9800gt, the newest driver came out a few weeks ago, and did the trick. maybe you have a similar issue?

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.