Deus Ex 3

Seriously. I think we're seeing a beginning of an awesome studio. The care and attention that these guys shown to the IP is unmatched. But the best part is that they made sure to make their forums absolutely transparent and open to all opinions. Unlike a certain other company.

I'm very quickly falling in love with those canadians. If they approach Thief 4 with the same attitude, I be buying their every game, just like I do with OSI.

Okay, now I need a plan to get asleep asap. Somehow.

Good luck with that. It didn't work for me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Seriously. I think we're seeing a beginning of an awesome studio. The care and attention that these guys shown to the IP is unmatched. But the best part is that they made sure to make their forums absolutely transparent and open to all opinions. Unlike a certain other company.

I'm very quickly falling in love with those canadians. If they approach Thief 4 with the same attitude, I be buying their every game, just like I do with OSI.

Don't be in so love with them just yet, heh. Apparently there's a patch out to reduce the load times.

Neat little easter egg at the end of the game as well, with Page and Everett talking about the 'Morpheus Initiative'

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Man, I hate it when devs put out patches to reduce load times.

Those ***holes have RUINED the Deus Ex experience. Long load times allow me to really appreciate the warm, golden glow of the load screen. It's atmospheric and vital to my enjoyment!

I'll tell you one thing: they'd better not release a patch that increases the FPS or makes the cutscenes run smoother or I am FINISHED with this game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yes, always catering to the attention span challenged crowd. When I was young, loading times were so long that developers introduced games and movies/music to play during level loading :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I forgot to sleep after I solved the cinematic glitch. Best take a break now.

One thing though,

what did the girlfriend scientist die of. I just saw her get slapped. Wasn't she there during the operation cinematic.

So why was she dead all of a sudden.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I forgot to sleep after I solved the cinematic glitch. Best take a break now.

One thing though,

what did the girlfriend scientist die of. I just saw her get slapped. Wasn't she there during the operation cinematic.

So why was she dead all of a sudden.

No, she died on the attack

There is a mission later where you get to investigate the formal case at the behest of her mother. Although it's a bit of a cliffhanger because of the body that Barrett was carrying may have been a dupe. Play the game and then spoil us at the end

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I am very sure that she is not dead. There have been scenes of her in some trailers that you didn't see in the beginning of the game. So there must be something going on later in the game.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I got mine to Slovenia in time from Game.co.uk but my computer is not running the game well enough so i won't be playing it for a few months or maybe even a year, because of all the great games that are arriving later this year.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I got mine to Slovenia in time from Game.co.uk but my computer is not running the game well enough so i won't be playing it for a few months or maybe even a year, because of all the great games that are arriving later this year.

You should have an OnLive free voucher in your copy.

US only.

And seriously, anyone who plays games through Cloud tech isn't a gamer.

Nice to see so much positive take here.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Man, I hate it when devs put out patches to reduce load times.

I knew I should have put a carriage return after the first sentence, would have probably met with my intention. Can now download the game today though, huzzah.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can now download the game today though, huzzah.

Welcome to the dark side.

Have only played a few minutes but the game looks and runs great. Really happy to see the patch did something about the mouse sensitivity because even on the lowest setting it was way too fast for me.

How is the story so far for you people, by the way ?

Also, RPS' Verdict

Edited by Malcador

Cons : lack of a proper mele system. You have to expend energy bars for a 'win button' animation. This means you often have to kill people even if you are trying for a non lethal approach. It's very unsatisfying to sneak up on someone and then have a red flashing error message. Apparently you can't lift your arms without expending two points of energy.

It looks dated. Not terrible or anything, just slighly below par for comperable games. The architechture looks great, the actors, not so much.

Pros: Everything else. It's very a la DX1.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Blah. Postal dude was here today, but I wasn't. Now I can go to the postal office tomorrow... Just because of the damn postident from Amazon.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Cons : lack of a proper mele system. You have to expend energy bars for a 'win button' animation. This means you often have to kill people even if you are trying for a non lethal approach. It's very unsatisfying to sneak up on someone and then have a red flashing error message. Apparently you can't lift your arms without expending two points of energy.

It looks dated. Not terrible or anything, just slighly below par for comperable games. The architechture looks great, the actors, not so much.

Pros: Everything else. It's very a la DX1.

Kill people? there are non lethal takedowns - just tap the button instead of holding it.