Deus Ex 3

What is the projected length of this game?

PC gamer mentioned the disturbingly specific "27 hours". :lol:

What, like a Jack Bauer thing with a kill switch ?

Yeah... IGN sez 25-40.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What is the projected length of this game?

PC gamer mentioned the disturbingly specific "27 hours". :lol:

Strangely long for an action game. If true its probably backtracking along the city hubs that makes up for a significant chunk of time.

Or was that a joke on the game's timeline? The age verification system on the official website ends at 2027 I think.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I like this

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/22/deus-ex-...olution-review/

You are a persistently bemused buffoon. Most games won't convey that opinion so indelicately, instead hiding it between the lines of text that ceaselessly tell you where to go, what to do and exactly how to do it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution isn't exempt from the clumsy tutorial crowd, but once it gets through the jarring video pop-ups, it quickly stops treating you like an imbecilic waypoint-marker addict. This game thinks you're an adult and expects you to handle your ****.

How many games would allow you to complete mission objectives out of order, or even before they've been placed into the conspiracy plot's to-do list? As you explore an embittered, defeated Detroit City (and later, a Chinese interpretation of Final Fantasy VII's double-stack metropolis, Midgar), you'll discover a restrained sprawl of accessible apartments, sewers, slums and guarded targets of interest. These are not constructed to support individual missions exclusively. They exist long before you get there, and can offer side-quests, bonus experience points and -- yes -- objectives that may be crucial at a later stage. And the game won't break if you hop over a line, because there are no lines.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This positivity is getting over the top now, hehe. There are 'no lines' ? Hm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Some reviews do contradict each other, though.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/31640...olution-review/

It waits, it watches, and it tucks away dialogue and situations recorded and designed for only the most extraordinary playthroughs. It makes you think that, yes, you were supposed to execute the hostages and stab your girlfriend's Mum in the street, smashed off your robo-**** on bad hooch. Eidos Montreal planned for that kind of maniac. They planned for everything.

vs

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/22/70336/

It?s fair to say this rather extreme approach wasn?t quite recognised by the game. The reaction of colleagues after was not to my sociopathy, but rather to my having killed the terrorist so he couldn?t be asked questions. It?s reasonable to expect people not to play this stupidly, but it is a bit of a shame that it?s possible to do, if the game isn?t going to react to it.

The former one is just baseless enthusiasm I suspect.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You are now imagining Adam Jensen telling you to "turn right at the next intersection."

You even warm to Jensen, who manages to be a perpetual misery guts regardless of your dialogue choices, and despite the fact he sounds like Timothy Olyphant impersonating Clint Eastwood recording a voiceover for an especially listless sat-nav.
http://www.next-gen.biz/reviews/deus-ex-hu...volution-review

I don't really get into reviews, but these get entertaining in their own right sometimes.

Anyway, seeing what I can find consensus on. They like the non-linearity, the choices and multiple paths. One guy complains that you will see the boundaries of the hubs, another says you won't. They disagree on how reactive it is. Jensen is grumpy. Plot is good. I only saw the one review really gush about it not handholding, but nobody is claiming that it does.

The boss fights are the game's weakest moments. Some reviewers glance over it, some don't mention them at all, a couple feel that they really stand out as bad. One mentions that the best thing to do is forget they exist. So, it sounds like they'll be forgettable at best, terrible at worst. Impact depending upon sensitivity.

I expect a good game from this but as always will take reviews with a huge grain of salt. It's good that they are enthusiastic but you can already tell that some are sorta tripping over themselves.

In short, many have no idea what they are talking about. Nothing new.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Here's an interesting tidbit.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2011...-revolution.ars

The press received the PC version as the official review version?a rarity in this business.

I have to admit, I liked the :

There is perhaps no greater proof that this is a role-playing game, however, than the ability to conclude just about every conversation by punching your quest giver into an unconscious rag doll.

That's what reviews are for.. entertaining little quotes and the occasional metaphor..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

im just so excited that we're finally seeing an actual follow up to deus ex. i'm not talking the story and setting, i mean the gameplay. i was so certain after playing deus ex that from that point on all games would be emulating its open style of gameplay and choice. instead we had to wait ten years for something else like it.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

PCGames.de scores 84%

They like the game, but it has some weird bugs. Animation bugs, AI bugs, some crashes, but the worst are the long loading times. Quickload takes 35 secs, but Eidos says they want to fix that with a patch.

Didn't receive their paychecks huh.

They even mention the graphics, lol.

This is probably about right though. A good game with technical issues, that I can believe of Eidos.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

i don't understand bugs lowering a review score. do they update their score later after its patched?

then again, new vegas is at 84 on metacritic, and thats the best game of the last 5 years, easy.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i don't understand bugs lowering a review score. do they update their score later after its patched?
Bugs aren't the only things that patches address. And some games never get patches. The concept of a patch changing the content of a game later on should be fairly irrelevant to the state of the game when the largest sales push occurs and people approaching it the least informed, the initial sales.

yeah, i guess thats fair. its up to the reader to decide if the game sounds fun despite the bugs that may be present.

It's not just bugs. They're saying that it isn't as grandeur and awesome as the Original, but still a very fascninating game as a whole.

Its hard to ask any game to break the nostalgia googles, I think that DE:HR stands on its own as a good successor. That's all they should be asking for; whimsical masses, sheesh.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

i play deus ex about 1x per year or two. so my nostalgia goggles get reality checked pretty regularly. the game is still amazing, but i think there is a good chance this new game will be nearly as good, just not as pioneering, because you know, deus ex already exists.

i'll see in a few weeks after i've played the new one a couple times. i hope i haven't gotten myself too hyped up.

I'll wait for what the thieves say. Since they have no monetary investment, and subsequently no emotional one either, i expect them to have more truthful reviews.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Could somebody please cater to my laziness and tell/link me the hardware specs for this game?

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Minimum PC Specs:

OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c

PROCESSOR: 2 GHz dual core

RAM: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better

REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Recommended PC Specs:

PROCESSOR: AMD Phenom II X4 or Intel Core 2 Quad or better

RAM: 2 GB

GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon HD 5850

REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB

I'll wait for what the thieves say. Since they have no monetary investment, and subsequently no emotional one either, i expect them to have more truthful reviews.

Ahh, man, you're going catch heat from that. But I suppose you do have a point about not being invested in the game.

why would you trust the words from someone who cheats steals and lies?

edit: also, seriously, these people have just as much bias to say a game is bad so it excuses them stealing it.

Edited by entrerix