Deus Ex 3

Most of the complainers are either trolls, or people who have never played the game (ok, they are trolls, too) or people who haven't played the game in 10 years and have started believing all of the hype about the game. Let's face it, things like reactivity to killing only exists in 1-2 early missions etc., yet people start complaining when DXHR doesn't have it in every mission.

About how the endings aren't reactive enough, yet they are exactly the same as DX1

, but there's more of them...

I don't really think that's the case, to be honest.

Functionally, yeah, DX1's endings and DX:HR's are similar in that they aren't really decided or influenced by anything that happens before them, but you can't really say DX1's options were literally presented as an array of buttons to choose from. There were things you had to do to achieve your desired ending.

That's true.

I found the button-solution - while logical from the games story perspective - to be pretty bland. Especially because the way to that buttons was pretty much a linear pathway for real. Also why wasn't I able to connect to the super computer instead of that illuminati (?) chick? :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

That's true.

I found the button-solution - while logical from the games story perspective - to be pretty bland. Especially because the way to that buttons was pretty much a linear pathway for real. Also why wasn't I able to connect to the super computer instead of that illuminati (?) chick? :>

She had arrived down there first and had all the augment connections in her back to plug into it? Unlike Adam..plus you'd done a fairly good job trashing the place when you finally get her to explode... would you really want to try hooking yourself up to it after that? :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Most of the complainers are either trolls, or people who have never played the game (ok, they are trolls, too) or people who haven't played the game in 10 years and have started believing all of the hype about the game. Let's face it, things like reactivity to killing only exists in 1-2 early missions etc., yet people start complaining when DXHR doesn't have it in every mission.

About how the endings aren't reactive enough, yet they are exactly the same as DX1

, but there's more of them...

I don't really think that's the case, to be honest.

Functionally, yeah, DX1's endings and DX:HR's are similar in that they aren't really decided or influenced by anything that happens before them, but you can't really say DX1's options were literally presented as an array of buttons to choose from. There were things you had to do to achieve your desired ending.

True, true.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Illuminati. I dunno

, seems kinda worn out for a conspiracy theory. I think there were better options. Overall I liked the game a lot. I wish they had done more mobs for boss-fights instead of all those reloads until you found a method that worked by trial and error.

I don't think there were any alternatives, considering that this was a prequel and DX set up a lot of things that would've needed a massive retcon otherwise. Now it's just right .

And I just realised that the PC version supports gamepad as well. This is the kind of stuff I like, giving people options, and it's the one thing even I don't like about Bioware; They're so high on their success they rip out stuff that's already in the game because they are convinced only they know the Way It's Meant to Be Played (Though, I hear the x360 controller support calls for a license fee and the beancounters objected). Still not cool.

In fact, I understand that MS has been pushing for x360 controller support in general, and as I like to do as much of my gaming on the couch as possible, this might tempt me back into the PC realm - having both the alternatives. That, and the inadequacy of current gen console hardware is becoming more and more apparent with games like DXHR. (And that includes the pre-rendered cutscenes rammed into the 6,8gb x360 limit, groan.)

They could have included the Illuminati without having them at the center.

They could be a gloried rich people's debating society. Could have been fun watching Jensen outplay them. Maybe part of a faction's system. Plenty of room to wiggle out of any DX1 lore.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Not good for a new DX game. It pretty much would have made everyone going rampage about how this is Deus Ex in name only. Stuff like that can be tried in the next game, which now most likely will happen.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

That was horrible.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So... there was supposed to be an announcement yesterday? I guess it wasn't that much, since I ain't seeing anything anywhere... :(

So... there was supposed to be an announcement yesterday? I guess it wasn't that much, since I ain't seeing anything anywhere... :(

http://www.reddit.com/r/Deusex/comments/jy...uncement_today/

There was a message, it's just that no one actually knows what it means yet.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

http://www.reddit.com/r/Deusex/comments/jy...uncement_today/

There was a message, it's just that no one actually knows what it means yet.

Oohkay, thanks. We'll see how that develops, I guess...

Btw. I saw some mails in the game that are french and not english (at Picus TV office). Bug or feature?

It's in Montreal. Feature. Aka realism. I was halfway through it before I even noticed it was in French :D

I finally managed to play the game last night and I'm really impressed, so far it seems like a real Deus Ex game, more to the point it feels like a game that could have been made in the early 00's but with the aid of modern graphics cards.

One thing I could want is more Illuminati stuff but the Alex Jones style radio broadcasts really make me grin, my main problem is really bad loading stutter, especially in the hubs, it's just about distracting enough to break the illusion.

I loved the warning emails that some computers have about how their inbox is almost at the 4 message limit. It was a clever spin on the fact that a real computer would have a ton of junkmail to look through.
It also seemed to be a take on Chinese electronic snooping.

The policy exists because they have a guy reading everyone's e-mails.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

my main problem is really bad loading stutter.

The new patch should've taken care of that?

It cut down loading screen time but the in game streamed loading still causes pretty bad hiccups, though apparently not everyone is being affected.