Deus Ex 3

Luckily, boss fights don't depend on your chosen augmentations.

The second boss battle depends heavily on whether you have one aug or not.

I beat her with sprint upgrade and cloak. Was lucky I had enough batteries to keep cloaked while I recovered health from the electricity blasts 3 or 4 times. I prefer playing on normal, but no Typhoon aug allowed.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

i just used a ton of mines to kill the 2nd boss. i put like 5 of them in one spot then ran away while cloaked. a bit later and it was lights out senorita, i never fired a shot, and she never even touched me.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I used EMP grenades and PEPS to stun the boss, then headshots with my fully modded revolver. :>

Had to use a stim or two inbetween, but that wasn't a big deal either.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On a sidenote: I've lowered the games brightness A LOT (actually, I moved the slider to the far left) and now the game looks much better, because this overbrightness is killed and the normal light sources in the maps are showing a much better visual effect when it's darker.

Should have known this from the very beginning.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

They revealed it early.

Well, the ARG got finished faster than they'd planned, and vg247 leaked the announce already a couple of days ago, so I guess they figured better to announce now than just play sourd muet (yes, that's a DX1 reference) for a couple of days.

Still, the fact that I won't be able to play for the next three weeks is really firing me up for some more.. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

For the lazy

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution conspiracy grows deeper in The Missing Link. During Adam's quest for the truth in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? The Missing Link reveals it all.

After being tortured by Belltower agents and having his augmentations disabled, Adam Jensen must rely solely on his basic capabilities to escape from a freighter, destined for an unknown location. While fighting for his survival on the ship, he uncovers another layer to the conspiracy that he never would have suspected. As Adam, befriend new, mysterious allies and fight ruthless enemies to discover what was happening in the shadows during the events of Deus Ex: Human Revolution!

-New layers of conspiracy unveiled

-Sprawling new environments

-Brand-new characters to interact with

-Rebuild Adam's augmentation set from scratch. Build up a brand new Adam!

Fortune favors the bald.

sounds not super good. will wait for reviews on this i think

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

There's almost no way to make them worthwhile

Not true. The boss fight against the sniper in Metal Gear Solid 3 is the greatest thing in the history of the world.

Particularly if you used the internal clock trick.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, the first boss sure was a bit irritating. Into China at the moment, I can kind of understand why people say the game emphasizes the sneaky sneaky approach, still enjoyable.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am playing the game now the third time but I am still not seeing any ingame real-life adverts. Either it's so well hidden that I just don't realize it or there is nothing in my game. Maybe it is only location based and because of whatever reason, not in germany? Looking at some screenshots from that early review with the big Eidos and McDonals adverts... never saw anything like that, except the Final Fantasy wallpapers, which aren't the variable adverts.

So you will be running around most of the time with basic augs and weapons temporarily confiscated because otherwise getting the difficulty right would be too hard.

I doubt that, they managed just fine for the rest of the game.

Well, the first boss sure was a bit irritating.

If you are out of ammo then yeah, but he can only take like 8 or so stun charges before he goes down (normal difficulty). Plus there's like a dozen explosive barrels around you can throw in his face.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, the first boss sure was a bit irritating.

If you are out of ammo then yeah, but he can only take like 8 or so stun charges before he goes down (normal difficulty). Plus there's like a dozen explosive barrels around you can throw in his face.

Playing on hard, finally got it, backtracked to get an AR. Damn his nade spam though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There's almost no way to make them worthwhile

Not true. The boss fight against the sniper in Metal Gear Solid 3 is the greatest thing in the history of the world.

That's why I said "almost". :)

There's always going to be ones that work and work well. Too often they're just reload until you get lucky and/or find the trick.

ANother good one was the giant plant thing in the rocket engine test chamber in Half Life.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Meh, it wouldn't be a deus ex game if it didn't have boss fights for people to complain about.

And to the usual comments of "laputan machine" and "flatlander woman", I reply with Walton Simons.