RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

I liked the book :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

what's a "BFF"?

in other news, Wizardry Online

wiz.jpg

among noticeable features global PvP and permadeath :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Best Friend Forever

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

oooh, that's so sweet, there's an acronym for it

Walsingham said:

Steam users are reporting that Crysis 2 has been taken off of Steam

I personally expect to be able to redownload and receive updates, but I'll try registering my key with Origin just to be safe.

I personally expect to be able to redownload and receive updates, but I'll try registering my key with Origin just to be safe.

It was inevitable that EA would create their own Digital Distribution channel, and then cut of the leeches who have been making money head over heels with their titles. Maybe we actually see some competition in prices if you can buy Battlefield cheaper from Origin than Call of Duty from Steam. The only, and a rather big, negative from this move is we the customers have to split our game collections into smaller fractions across multiple outlets.

It was inevitable that EA would create their own Digital Distribution channel, and then cut of the leeches who have been making money head over heels with their titles. Maybe we actually see some competition in prices if you can buy Battlefield cheaper from Origin than Call of Duty from Steam. The only, and a rather big, negative from this move is we the customers have to split our game collections into smaller fractions across multiple outlets.

The only way you'll see competition is if you can buy Battlefield cheaper from Origin than Battlefield from Steam. Battlefield and Call of Duty are not interchangeable. Even if they were, it won't extend any further than just military shooters.

There's no competition to be had with it.

I didn't really liked DoW2 anymore. I mean, it was fun for a while, but the campaign got repitative very very fast.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yep, aware it's not well liked by you lot, but figured it'd be interesting news anyway :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The name.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Can somebody explain me what's the exact difference between Origin and EADM?

I'd turn round and ask one of the people around me who are working on it, but I don't like them, and they smell... Or is it they don't like me, and I smell. I'm never sure.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I think the main difference was that EADM was really bare-bones, while Origin features a more steam-like interface and "cool stuff" like videos. There's also the fact that EADM wasn't that good, but AFAIK you COULD redownload pretty much all EA games through it, if you had the CD key (so you weren't tied to the original media, which I always thought was pretty cool of them).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think the main difference was that EADM was really bare-bones, while Origin features a more steam-like interface and "cool stuff" like videos. There's also the fact that EADM wasn't that good, but AFAIK you COULD redownload pretty much all EA games through it, if you had the CD key (so you weren't tied to the original media, which I always thought was pretty cool of them).

Except in many cases (at least here) that service only lasted 6 months - after which you had to buy the game again.

Fortune favors the bald.

I believe that policy was rescinded. It was in effect when I purchased Northern Strike, but I can now re-download it from Origin.

I kind of like Origin. Their in-game interface works a lot better than Steam's. But their store and game pages have ridiculous load times.

Except in many cases (at least here) that service only lasted 6 months - after which you had to buy the game again.

Ok, that's no good. Never had to use it, myself. Will have to examine it carefully, including past purchases, before I make up my mind on it. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The PR firm handling DNF had one of it's workers rip off a frustrated email because of the language used in some of the DNF reviews. He has since issued a retraction, but the entire thing points out just how screwed up the review system is for the industry.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.