RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

don't get me wrong, Deus Ex was a very ambitious game, but I had hated shooters at the time, and for an RPG game it's too lite for my taste. Operation Flashpoint was the game that got me into shooters eventually

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

don't get me wrong, Deus Ex was a very ambitious game, but I had hated shooters at the time, and for an RPG game it's too lite for my taste. Operation Flashpoint was the game that got me into shooters eventually

We don't take this kind of blasphemy lightly here. Kneel before Deus Ex, or you will be knelt :sorcerer:

On the subject of rebooted characters sucking ass, Eurogamer have given the new Alice game 5/10.

It's a sad month for gaming really.

Alice is gonna rock.

Especially since I have the game pre-ordered. YEEAAAAHHH.

PSM gave it a poor review too. :sorcerer:

I set mine to download from Origin earlier. So it's too late for me to back out. I just hope that my opinion will be higher than theirs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

LulzSec hacked Epic, stole passwords, etc.

So, who's next ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know Warren Spector wanted to buy the DX rights off Eidos, but that didn't work out very well. Now he's with the Disney family, doomed to make kiddy family social games.

How the mighty have fallen...

Yes, his fall is complete. I wonder if there is still some redemption for him..

So, who's next ?

Keep a low profile.

No, no, I'm with Razor, not with these fools. :shifty:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think Bioware is due for some humiliation. HARHARHAR!

Bio accounts are a part of the larger EA system, so it won't be just Bio, if it happens.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

We don't take this kind of blasphemy lightly here. Kneel before Deus Ex, or you will be knelt :p

i agree with the purkake. better get your kneepads on...

edit: oh and whats this?? games being developed for the next gen?? but how? I thought the next gen wasn't coming until 2015 or later! oh wait, no, I told everyone that new consoles were coming in 2013 (ps4 possibly in 2014).

writings on the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

We don't take this kind of blasphemy lightly here. Kneel before Deus Ex, or you will be knelt :p

i agree with the purkake. better get your kneepads on...

edit: oh and whats this?? games being developed for the next gen?? but how? I thought the next gen wasn't coming until 2015 or later! oh wait, no, I told everyone that new consoles were coming in 2013 (ps4 possibly in 2014).

writings on the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a rumor, silly. And rumors often turn out to be wrong.

Crytek is just playing around with DX11, doesn't mean they have an actual SDK from MS available yet.

Next, they DDoS'd EVE. Huh. Russians must be PO'd.

On the subject of rebooted characters sucking ass, Eurogamer have given the new Alice game 5/10.

Alice is gonna rock.

PSM gave it a poor review too. ;)

I set mine to download from Origin earlier. So it's too late for me to back out. I just hope that my opinion will be higher than theirs.

Not sure what people were expecting, really. The first game wasn't exactly OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!! by any means. It stood out not by its gameplay and level design, which were both mediocre at best, but by the art direction, sardonic humour and unique take on Wonderland.

If Madness Returns can deliver the same, it will be worth my money.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So, who's next ?

The Escapist seems to be down....

Well, their twitter is saying that "Eyeing our next target".

So far they reported Minecraft, Eve Online, and Escapist as their targets that were hit

http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec

Oh, and they're also running a phone switchboard.

Turns out it was League of Legends.

I get the feeling that these gents are going to have problems in the near future, from other hackers, and from a very large group of people who want heads.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Alice is gonna rock.

PSM gave it a poor review too. ;)

Not sure what people were expecting, really. The first game wasn't exactly OMGWTFBBQ!!!11!! by any means. It stood out not by its gameplay and level design, which were both mediocre at best, but by the art direction, sardonic humour and unique take on Wonderland.

If Madness Returns can deliver the same, it will be worth my money.

I'd say that's dead on about the original. It was the unique take on the story and it's presentation that was the attraction to it. I didn't actually think it was that big a hit, so a sequel is sort of a surprise.

Not my type of game, but if it recaptures the attitude of the original I expect it should appeal to the fans of the original.

So, who's next ?

The Escapist seems to be down....

So far they reported Minecraft, Eve Online, and Escapist as their targets that were hit

http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec

Oh, and they're also running a phone switchboard.

Turns out it was League of Legends.

I get the feeling that these gents are going to have problems in the near future, from other hackers, and from a very large group of people who want heads.

LulzSec The Lulz Boat

And that concludes our DDoS party: Escapist Magazine, Eve Online, Minecraft, League of Legends + 8 phone requests. #TitanicTakeoverTuesday

Some part of me finds this all very funny, some part of me reminds me I should do a thorough change of all my passwords on a much more regular basis.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

i still have the original alice disk, i never opened it...

i'll play the sequel once i finally get around to the original, its one of the oldest games in my backlog. the only game i've had in my backlog for longer is the original myst.... i bought it because i heard so much about it, but i couldnt stop playing doom long enough to get around to it and then it just remained unplayed till this day.

it is like mountains

my backlog worsens each year

rises over ages

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I've got an original disc, too. Never installed (by me). When guys were clearing offices at Ensemble, they set up a table for whatever they wanted to just give away. I nabbed Alice and Fade to Black.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just hope they don't touch google :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Alice was a stunning looking game for its time using the same version of the Quake 3 engine that FAKK2 used. I personally thought the level design was also quite good.

While I enjoyed the original, the horrible games McGee made after Alice and finding out the guy is a whiny ***** turned me off to the sequel.