RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Continue posting of news here.

Sample news post:

Carmageddon is back.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Continue posting of news here.

Sample news post:

Carmageddon is back.

I knew all those ritual virgin sacrifices would pay off!!! :ermm:

Still, reading stuff like "the time is right to bring the game to a new audience" sends a chill down my spine though, considering how the Jagged Alliance franchise is being abused at the moment. Lets wait and see if they cast "Raise Dead" on their website, they might have more info on what their intentions are. The gaming gods knows, the later Carmageddons suffered under "time trial" missions and other stupid stuff.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Are you guys still gnashing your teeth at me? Or can I fade off back into obscurity?

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Yeah, naughty Nightshape! :ermm:

What did you do now?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't think I've ever gnashed my teeth? Just noted an impression about the way you've treated the game you were working for a time when posting here, which you, by the way, exaggerated in your response.

Nothing else to say on the subject.

Also: IGN asks industry "big names" about storytelling in video games.

The Witcher 2's Tomasz Gop and Mass Effect's Casey Hudson also included.

So, why they didn't asked Obsidian? Would have made too much sense, I'll guess.

@Carmageddon: I really like to see something new, good. But I don't have high hopes.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I wonder why in both cases they asked a producer? rather than the writers responsible?

Its in general a very weird list of people asked. I could name tons of industry writers/designers I'd like to hear from first than some of the names on the list.

Edited by C2B

I don't think I've ever gnashed my teeth? Just noted an impression about the way you've treated the game you were working for a time when posting here, which you, by the way, exaggerated in your response.

I wasn't thinking of your esteamed self... More Morgoth and Hell Kitty with the responses they left.

Yeah, naughty Nightshape! :ermm:

What did you do now?

Linked these:

Edited by Nightshape

now you're trolling :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I wonder why in both cases they asked a producer? rather than the writers responsible?

Its in general a very weird list of people asked. I could name tons of industry writers/designers I'd like to hear from first than some of the names on the list.

Coz producers (project managers) probably have more say in storytelling? :ermm:

Having dedicated writers is mostly an RPG phenomenon, anyway, if you look at other genres most of the writing is done by people in the project management sector (I think the Force Unleasheds were a pretty good example of this). Besides, since they are talking about cinematics, cutscenes etc., it's more like asking the "movie director's" opinion over the "screenwriter's".

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Coz producers (project managers) probably have more say in storytelling? :ermm:

Having dedicated writers is mostly an RPG phenomenon, anyway, if you look at other genres most of the writing is done by people in the project management sector (I think the Force Unleasheds were a pretty good example of this). Besides, since they are talking about cinematics, cutscenes etc., it's more like asking the "movie director's" opinion over the "screenwriter's".

... So true.

I wasn't thinking of your esteamed self... More Morgoth and Hell Kitty with the responses they left.

No gnashing of teeth here, but I can tea-bag you if you'd like.

Are tickets available for this show?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No gnashing of teeth here, but I can tea-bag you if you'd like.

Joy... Its what I've dreamed of.

Are tickets available for this show?

I could make you a DVD, but only if Nightshape is cool with it.

Oh I'm so cool with it, I'm up for a special edition I'm that cool with it... Comes with your own free tea-bag, so you can have a brew while you watch.

Coz producers (project managers) probably have more say in storytelling? :)

Well true. That doesn't really apply in some of these cases though?

Edited by C2B

He called an Aliens game a turd!

But it could be a turd.

You shut up, I don't want to hear that!

Can't deny the possibility.

Watch me!

You know I'm not allowed to like you right. But I can like what you said.