RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

He called an Aliens game a turd!

But it could be a turd.

You shut up, I don't want to hear that!

Can't deny the possibility.

Watch me!

HEY HEY HEY !!! Don't hit yourself in the face!!! I may leave some ugly marks!!!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

i think an alien game could be great, but it would not be an action game. I bet the guys who made amnesia could make an amazing alien game.

Aliens on the other hand has had at least TWO great games so far (both were arcade games,

, and

but, since it has been such a long time since the last good aliens game, im ok with the fact that this new shooter is based on aliens and not alien.

that said, since it has been a very long since there was a good aliens game, im not expecting this new one to be good either.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I bet Bill Amend could make a bitching Alien game. Think his Myst + Velociraptor concept.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That game is still actually alive?

They bumped all these years money and money into this turd, yet canceled Crucible.

Go figure.

Because clearly we need more Alien shooters since 3? AvP games isn't enough. I wonder if they will cancel the Aliens games Creative Assembly is working on as well and make another AvP.

Hate the living, love the dead.

i think an aliens 4x game would be amazing. you play a young up-and-comer at weyland-yutani who just found carter burke's stash of notes. you are able to requisition a certain amount of resources from your higher-ups to begin locating and capturing alien genetic material and specimens. your enemies are other corporations who have found out what you are working on and are starting competitive ventures.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

There already was an AvP RTS. Which most people forget because it was a console game.

lol i don't think i ever saw that game. and yeah... my idea was a joke :lol:

edit: and whats up with the GOG announcement? anyone know what thats about yet?

Edited by entrerix

Obsidian should make an Alien RPG, that would be awesome!

I'm gonna go cry now

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

EA or Lucasarts are signed up for 25+ titles to be released over the next three months. Which specifically to be revealed at E3.

Lucasarts would possibly be most likely. It's been hinted that System Shock isn't included, which would seem to rule out EA. However, an EA employee was found winking on his twitter account.

I like the Lucasarts idea because they've become increasingly fond of reviving old franchises lately after Sam and Max's episodic success. Monkey Island just seems more likely than Ultima.

Edited by Tale

EA or Lucasarts are signed up for 25+ titles to be released over the next three months. Which specifically to be revealed at E3.

Lucasarts would possibly be most likely. It's been hinted that System Shock isn't included, which would seem to rule out EA. However, an EA employee was found winking on his twitter account.

I like the Lucasarts idea because they've become increasingly fond of reviving old franchises lately after Sam and Max's episodic success. Monkey Island just seems more likely than Ultima.

...or x-wing, tie fighter etc.? One could always hope :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's been hinted that System Shock isn't included, which would seem to rule out EA.

I don't think EA holds the full rights to System Shock in any case which would (potentially) rule it out on a more or less permanent basis and irrespective of whether other EA titles become available. Most of the other residual EA titles were made by companies EA either owned fully at the time or bought outright later, like Bullfrog/ Origin/ Westwood and as such are likely owned EA properties in toto. The same cannot be said for System Shock.

Ken Levine apparently tried to buy out the rights to System Shock prior to Irrational being bought by 2k and left the impression that while EA held the trademarks and such, and could potentially make sequels, they did not hold the full rights which were held by [random LGS wind up entities and creditors]. There's also the possibility that any residual royalties could be paid to competitors; 2k, via Irrational and Squeenix, via Eidos; or that permission from them is required to distribute whivh would provide additional legal problems.

It's been hinted that System Shock isn't included, which would seem to rule out EA.

I don't think EA holds the full rights to System Shock in any case which would (potentially) rule it out on a more or less permanent basis and irrespective of whether other EA titles become available. Most of the other residual EA titles were made by companies EA either owned fully at the time or bought outright later, like Bullfrog/ Origin/ Westwood and as such are likely owned EA properties in toto. The same cannot be said for System Shock.

Ken Levine apparently tried to buy out the rights to System Shock prior to Irrational being bought by 2k and left the impression that while EA held the trademarks and such, and could potentially make sequels, they did not hold the full rights which were held by [random LGS wind up entities and creditors]. There's also the possibility that any residual royalties could be paid to competitors; 2k, via Irrational and Squeenix, via Eidos; or that permission from them is required to distribute whivh would provide additional legal problems.

EA didn't buy bullfrog - THEY MERGED! LOL Damn in jokes.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Recent interview with Volition producer Greg Donovan where he talks about Saints Row The Third..

"We thought why give the players a baseball bat when you can make it a giant sex toy to beat people up with?"

So I think we can say they're keeping to that element of being a bit silly with it... :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If I can slap Miranda's ass with the appropriate hand gesture then I will buy it.

It's actually pretty interesting to see what they are going to do with it. From the Neogaf thread, I think that face-scanning and star map navigation are the two most likely possibilities.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif