RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

I don't know why anyone uses d.o.b. and mother's maiden name as security data anyway. Bloody silly.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have the first book (have won it once) and didn't even touched it yet. Somehow I am really not into that stuff.

Just wanted to note this.

Probably not worth it, if you aren't really into it. The first one gave some semi-interesting background on the gameworld, but the second one was, IIRC, absolutely dire.

I think I read both of them in a plane, hmm... :D

I thought the first one was fairly decent. It was mostly about political intrigue and did a nice job of introducing the world.

The second book was fairly rubbish, but I find the wardens to be terribly boring. I doubt I'll read the third, I haven't even been able to get into DA2 so far.

Hm, PCG reporting on a rumour ME3 will have 4 player co-op ? Meh, doubtful.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

sounds like sludge.

i wish we could get a warhammer game that felt like you were actually playing warhammer.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I just keep replaying Dark Omen from time to time :rolleyes"

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

sounds like sludge.

i wish we could get a warhammer game that felt like you were actually playing warhammer.

The campaign of DOW2 got pretty close.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Alice is not half as bad as it is made out to be. At least thats the impression I get from multiple sources. Also have seen quite a few player impressions that were rather positive.

Edited by C2B

Yeah, I haven't heard any outcry of complaints from the fanbase with regards to Madness Returns (I have it, but have been playing the original). But that might simply be because it's not popular enough to troll.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In related news, now available for pre-order from Steam (10% off). Amazon.com is still the better deal ($20 credit and 3" comic). Steam also has all previous FEAR games on sale as a bundle.

I have no familiarity with Day One's games, but my impulse won't let me pass on the finale. And the whole Point Man/Fettel teamup, while getting to play as Fettel. Hopefully it'll be good.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, I haven't heard any outcry of complaints from the fanbase with regards to Madness Returns (I have it, but have been playing the original). But that might simply be because it's not popular enough to troll.

I think it's pretty much the fans liking it despite some minor problems and antiquated design choices, everyone else is pretty much ignoring it.

That said American McGee doesn't deserve to have his name on a coaster, everything he has touched has either been total crap or survived his influence through sheer miracle.

I think DS3's video with two guys running and jumping in the park is a lot worse, than that trailer

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

FEAR was a classic, and possibly Monoliths last good game.

FEAR 2 was the result when you let focus groups direct your design decisions.

FEAR 3 is from Day1, who mad the awful Fracture. But I'll gladly download a demo if there should ever be one.

Day1 also did Mech Assault.

That said, I'm willing to take a chance on Fear3. It looks like they actually are trying to do the horror part (even got John Carpenter in on the mix) it's just the question of if they'll pull it off like the first game, or collapse under their own weight like the second.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think DS3's video with two guys running and jumping in the park is a lot worse, than that trailer

Really? It's actually a commercial (The DS3 one) and I thought it was great. The problem is they are both silly, but only one was being silly on purpose.

yeah, I guess commercials and trailers serve different purposes so shouldn't be compared. still, the fact that it's a commercial makes it even worse. it gets the point across (DS3 is a perfect game to play with your friend), but the thought alone of seeing it multiple times throughout the day is unbearable

Walsingham said:

yeah, I guess commercials and trailers serve different purposes so shouldn't be compared. still, the fact that it's a commercial makes it even worse. it gets the point across (DS3 is a perfect game to play with your friend), but the thought alone of seeing it multiple times throughout the day is unbearable

What, exactly, do you dislike about the DS3 commercial?

Edited by Hurlshot

how the idea was implemented. everything is bad, even for a commercial.

btw we're way past the thread limit :lol:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said: