Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Green Lantern isn't nearly the popcorn kind of movie Thor was. It has its nice/fun moments but .... yeah, not what I want from a comic hero movie I guess. It's hard to take it as seriously as it wants you to when there are bad/abrupt edits (that took me "out" of the film mentally) and one out of the two "bad guys" makes you laugh in the so-bad-it's-funny way. Also, part of the ending was too ID4 like visually...enough so that for long minutes all I could think about was ID4. ;)

But it wasn't terrible/bad. Reynolds looked good in that suit and he fit the role's defined personality/issues well I think.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Green Lantern isn't nearly the popcorn kind of movie Thor was. It has its nice/fun moments but .... yeah, not what I want from a comic hero movie I guess. It's hard to take it as seriously as it wants you to when there are bad/abrupt edits (that took me "out" of the film mentally) and one out of the two "bad guys" makes you laugh in the so-bad-it's-funny way. Also, part of the ending was too ID4 like visually...enough so that for long minutes all I could think about was ID4. :p

But it wasn't terrible/bad. Reynolds looked good in that suit and he fit the role's defined personality/issues well I think.

Haven't seen Green Lantern but Thor was really good and so was the newest X-men flick, it was ripped off by the media.

I enjoyed Green Lantern, but I don't remember Hal Jordan being a whiny bitch in the comics. A **** yes, but not a whiny bitch. As long as you ignore the scene of Sinestro getting the yellow ring after the credits, it has a good setup for a sequel. This is definitely a movie that suffers from being an origin story.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Honestly, from what I understand, that movie should have been about Kyle Raynor rather than Hal Jordan. Would have removed the Corps aspect, but would certainly have given the whinyness somewhere to come from (after all, the guys real origin story created a tv trope and a femenist movement within comics because his love interest got killed and stuffed into a refrigerator)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Lose 3d6 sanity-points. Recommended. :shifty:

:lol::x

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Lost World was on cable so I tried watching some of it for the first time in years. But I was quickly reminded how I only really liked the first movie in that series.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Saw Three Musketeers. Waste of money. I wanted to punch D'Artagnan in the face each time he appeared on screen. Even the one with Kiefer Sunderland and Charlie Sheen was better.

That's because Oliver Platt makes everything he's in at least a little bit awesome.

Also because Paul Anderson is a terrible director. And terrible writer, but he didn't write the new Three Musketeers.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Saw Three Musketeers. Waste of money. I wanted to punch D'Artagnan in the face each time he appeared on screen. Even the one with Kiefer Sunderland and Charlie Sheen was better.

I got a bit excited because of the trailer; which doesn't show D'Artagnan that much, and was under the impression that it was going to be the Three Musketeers + Milla Jovovich. That I would watch but they had to put freaking Percy Jackson on it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I got a bit excited because of the trailer; which doesn't show D'Artagnan that much, and was under the impression that it was going to be the Three Musketeers + Milla Jovovich. That I would watch but they had to put freaking Percy Jackson on it.

And they're doing another Percy Jackson film apparently. Actually the books aren't that bad for what they are.

And it's Three Musketeers as long as you can get your mind around "alternate world / da vinci style steampunk" parts of it.

And D'artagnan's acting isn't too bad, it's that freaking hairstyle that just jumps out and tries slapping you around the face.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Margin Call.

A talky, must-pay-attention film that was compelling to watch. Stayed fairly low-key but still managed to convey tension & "thriller" aspects from the tension. No action, no car chases, no huge melodrama, no robots. Stark, almost over-contrasted cinematography for mood, I loved it. They did a good job keeping the characters human, yet still not exactly likable, and the top notch actors were great...a few might even be Supporting Actor nominee nods if the home on-demand release (done while still in theatrical release) doesn't prevent it. A refreshing change from all the comic hero/CGI movies.

Paul WS anderson is good... at staging a scene. Basically he makes very good pictures from his productions, rather than actual movies.

From what I saw in the trailers, it looked lame..... over the top Matrix style fighting doesn't work for a Three Musketeers movie.

I will admit a thing :lol: for Milla Jovovich

Edited by bigcrazewolf

Good. Butterfly Effect is an awesomely disturbing yet very udnerrated movie.

I blame Ashton Kutcher's acting chops.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Butterfly Effect.

Some of my friends have been telling me for a long time to watch this movie, so I did to get them off my back.

Fire your friends. Get new ones.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: