What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

that's where the game starts going downhill pretty fast, the swamps are awful

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

i hated the last boss in DA:O. not a fun fight.

many big rpgs have bad final bosses, not fallout 1-2 though, the master and horrigan were both great last encounters.

The fight/encounter at the end of torment was super duper awesome.

I also kinda liked sarevok in BG1 as a last fight but his cronies were cheaters.

the fight at the end of kotor 1 was probably the best fight in that game (not saying much, im not crazy about kotor 1)

fight at end of NWN OC was so bad it was funny

i dunno, imo the best final boss fights have almost exclusively been in console games:

MGS and Ocarina of Time etc

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I hate all bosses in all games, I just dont like the whole "shoot him for 20min til he dies, gets full health again for some reason, then shoot again" cliche. I did like the lambent thingie in GoW2 though, you only shot it a few times and that was it, easy breezy!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Beyond Good & Evil had a great multi-stage boss fight. At one point the game even reversed the controls.

ahh yes, the game still sits unplayed on my (steam) shelf.

Maybe I'll finally get around to it once the HD remix version is released. wait is that today??

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Beyond Good & Evil had a great multi-stage boss fight. At one point the game even reversed the controls.

That totally sucked. Actually the reversed controls were the only hard (as in incredibly annoying) part as I recall.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Played some Dawn of War Retribution. Was a mite bit frustrated because (at least as IG) in the campaign rather than have squads that you're permanently assigned and then upgrade, you get a quad of heroes and then you have to build all your units.

Of course, this may be IG only given that that's sort of how they work in fluff, but meh.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I hate all bosses in all games, I just dont like the whole "shoot him for 20min til he dies, gets full health again for some reason, then shoot again" cliche. I did like the lambent thingie in GoW2 though, you only shot it a few times and that was it, easy breezy!

Oh please it was the cherry on the cake of the retardation that GoW2 represents.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I bet you liked that retarded and annoying battle with the giant fish.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My copy of Retribution should arrive today.

Been doing more Mass Effect. Ashley thinks I'm interested, which is odd, considering I already turned her down once. Also, is there some way I can get her to stop calling me skipper? It makes me feel like a fatman on a shipwreck.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ashley thinks I'm interested, which is odd, considering I already turned her down once. Also, is there some way I can get her to stop calling me skipper? It makes me feel like a fatman on a shipwreck.

cloudmy.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

she's better than that other guy, though. I'd rather have her call me skipper, than listen to his whining.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Kaiden doesn't seem like a whiner. He just has Carth's voice, so it sounds like he's whining.

I think this is the first run where I haven't skipped everything everyone had to say.

Edited by Tale

Is that because Ashley started calling you skipper?

>_

I am not a skipper. Garrus is not a mighty sailing man. Wrex isn't a millionaire, nor Tali his wife. Liara is not a movie star. Joker has never taught in academia. You, Ashley, are not frickin' Mary Ann.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Is that because Ashley started calling you skipper?

>_<

I am not a skipper. Garrus is not a mighty sailing man. Wrex isn't a millionaire, nor Tali his wife. Liara is not a movie star. Joker has never taught in academia. You, Ashley, are not frickin' Mary Ann.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

So absolutely no Gilligan's Island references?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

kaidan sounded like a whiner from the moment he showed up, so I skipped everything he said. I feel good about my decision.

Kaiden doesn't seem like a whiner. He just has Carth's voice, so it sounds like he's whining.

Well, his BAaT experiences are pretty damn close to crossing the line to whining. >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Alpha Protocol. I'm playing a field agent with high Assault Rifle / Stealth / Sabotage.

It's a great game, even if it is pretty fugly. Mike's boots look like something Zippo the Clown might wear. But I rather like the writing, the NPCs, missions and the general Tom Clancy feel of the game. The **** handler, Darcy, who seems to think he's in Team America World Police is very amusing.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well, his BAaT experiences are pretty damn close to crossing the line to whining. :p

It could but then he brings it back to a level headed perspective, the guy has pretty much a mellow approach to life. I never saw him as an over the top whining about everything, is just that aside from being a very "down to earth" personality he has nothing else going for him.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ashley thinks I'm interested, which is odd, considering I already turned her down once. Also, is there some way I can get her to stop calling me skipper? It makes me feel like a fatman on a shipwreck.

cloudmy.jpg

Approved by the lulz committee

lol_cats.jpg

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

Battlefield BC 2 on Steam - It's been two years since I've really played a shooter, and my skills are pretty rusty. Still, the game seems pretty solid and I think I'll be able to play my preferred sniper role fairly well. I got one kill with the sniper rifle last night, but hopefully more will come as I warm up.