What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

instead have a bouncing yellow arrow showing me "HERE YOU MAY FALL DOWN". Why??

Console gamers. Or in other words people who burrow into a game like a tick into a dog's neck.

HA! Doubt it. I've never witnessed a single desicion like that being made because of a dev team, or console gamers... Usually its some retarded exec going "I'm confused, I don't play games, you need to point this out to me"

I think those days are long gone. Probably more likely to be a focus group of morons, or as I now christen it a 'monkey palace' approach.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

instead have a bouncing yellow arrow showing me "HERE YOU MAY FALL DOWN". Why??

Console gamers. Or in other words people who burrow into a game like a tick into a dog's neck.

HA! Doubt it. I've never witnessed a single desicion like that being made because of a dev team, or console gamers... Usually its some retarded exec going "I'm confused, I don't play games, you need to point this out to me"

I think those days are long gone. Probably more likely to be a focus group of morons, or as I now christen it a 'monkey palace' approach.

Sadly, I can confirm, those days do still exist, like it or not.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

One thing I was wondering about.. I took a zipline down from a balcony and landed on some poor dude's head. When I got up again, the dude was also getting up so I got the option to stomp on him! Does that mean I incapacitated him or killed him? I am trying to not kill anyone..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm playing Alpha Protocol. With only one lockup so far, this is probably the stablest on most reliable Obsid game published. ;)

I still think it didn't get anything close to a fair treatment from the press. Sure, it was probably overly ambitious (and fails in a lot of things it tries to do by trying to do too many things) and is a somewhat dreary-looking game to boot, but 6/10? Not fair...

Glad I spotted it on the shelf, saved me the price of Uncharted 2 for now... and a trip to -20c outdoors to pick it up.

I really dug Alpha Protocol. I'm willing to overlook its flaws because it is really clever. Some of my favorite missions are the talking ones. I think I played the gelato shop one about three times in a row trying to explore it.

To generalize, I think when Interplay blew up, Obsidian wound up with the creativity and Bioware received the quality control staff.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

not like Black Isle and BioWare ever were one team. unless you mean the whole QA department just joined BioWare because they liked the doctors more than Feargus

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

To me, it seemed more like anyone with any brains worked on FNV leaving Alpha Protocol to whichever primate was free at the time. I certainly dont understand whats supposed to be clever about it, its thouroughly brainless from start to finish. Like someone just bought a bunch of 24 and Alias DVD's and tried to cut&pste together something interesting.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

To me, it seemed more like anyone with any brains worked on FNV leaving Alpha Protocol to whichever primate was free at the time. I certainly dont understand whats supposed to be clever about it, its thouroughly brainless from start to finish. Like someone just bought a bunch of 24 and Alias DVD's and tried to cut&pste together something interesting.

Because it is?

There is a reason Gamebanshee gave it the award for best writing.

Edit: Stuff like this for example:

As for Brayko...Brayko is awesome. Mostly because he - and all of Moscow - show a dedication to detail and a lot of work put in getting the feel of the city and its populace right. Brayko works so well because he is an actually, existing archetype, from the way he talks to his lagging 20 years behind in American pop culture. It shows a great dedication to detail.
It's kind of a 90s-lawlessness thing, when the Thieves in Law were kind of pushed into the shadows and gangs of thugs would be hired to and fro to keep the peace. Brayko really talks and acts like someone who amassed power during that era; trying and failing to adapt to American culture, the crass language, etc etc
Thing is, I don't think this or many of the other injokes in Moscow (like the name of the ship you meet Sis on (pobeda = victory, beda = misfortune), or the name of the tech company you chase that guy in (molotek is a combination of molotok (hammer) and tech) are things they can expect the average consumer to "get". So I'm not sure why they did it. I love that they did though.
Edited by C2B

One thing I was wondering about.. I took a zipline down from a balcony and landed on some poor dude's head. When I got up again, the dude was also getting up so I got the option to stomp on him! Does that mean I incapacitated him or killed him? I am trying to not kill anyone..

Incapacitated, I think. It's not the American History X variety of stomp.

He will probably live the rest of his life in a wheelchair, though. Does that make you happy Mr. Pacifist? He has to eat food through a straw, and he probably didn't have a decent health care package, so he has a pile of debt mounting.

But hey, your stats are fine.

I guess if you aren't a fan of those shows, then yeah, it isn't the game for you. I enjoyed it tremendously, it was a nice change of pace from the Splinter Cell style games.

I played more MvC3. I think I really like Morrigan on my team. I'm still not sure who I would use for the other two slots. Dante has his ups. And Sentinel is a classic favorite. Dormammu is cool, but silly hard to use.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I played more MvC3. I think I really like Morrigan on my team. I'm still not sure who I would use for the other two slots. Dante has his ups. And Sentinel is a classic favorite. Dormammu is cool, but silly hard to use.

I can't find a team for the life of me. I played most of the weekend and found myself enjoying Wolverine, X-23, ammaterasu, Hulk, Haggar, Sentinal, Dante, and Storm. Putting a team together though.... there are just too many variables involved and I find myself constantly second guessing my choices. I don't want to invest a ton of time playing with a team that just doesn't work well together, but at my skill level it would probably take me a month to figure that out.

I'm going to end up copying someone's team at some point, I just need to see one that looks like the most fun to use.

it also sucks because I want to use some characters that I like but don't work well with my style (wesker for example). In SSF4 I would just spend a month working on someone like that (ibuki) just because I wanted to learn a new style in addition to what I had begun with (abel then guile). but in marvel i just feel overwhelmed by the choices.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Beat AP (again). The Darcy+Helicopter bits are just cheap. I'm mildly tempted to go again, just to finally get one game with a Platinum Trophy, but some of the stuff is just... not really interesting for any other reason than getting that trophy. Not my cup of tea.

Not sure what to pick up next. Either Arkham Asylum or surprise myself with another find from the shelves.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finished off Castles, that bit of nostalgia's done. Now on to Castles II, or maybe Shogo.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He will probably live the rest of his life in a wheelchair, though. Does that make you happy Mr. Pacifist? He has to eat food through a straw, and he probably didn't have a decent health care package, so he has a pile of debt mounting.

But hey, your stats are fine.

Way to make me feel bad, jerk!

I was at BestBuy purchasing a microphone...apparently I should have bought a microphone headset...but this USB thing should work...anyway while there I also bought ... Fallout3 and MassEffect2. They were on sale, why not. None of the other games I'm waiting for are even close to being released yet far as I know...

Not quite playing either of them yet, but they're on that shelf when I want them. Or maybe hubby would like ME2. He's been playing Borderlands again...he doesn't like tons of reading/rpg decision making but did ok with Kotor2...is ME2 kinda like that in terms of action vs. dialogue? Moreso? Less so?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Less so. More like KOTOR the original.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That was fast. :*

Ok then...so maybe not so much for hubby. That's ok, means I don't have to share.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

well, I mean there's more combat in ME2 than talking, you can skip most of the dialogue with your team and just concentrate on missions. of course that'll mean you losing most of them to Collectors during the suicide mission but who cares, right :*

Walsingham said:

Doing my first proper playthrough of The Witcher, I've tried to get into it twice before but lost interest around the time

I got into the city. I've worked my way through that bit and am now seeing what all the fuss was about. Just starting chapter 3, very happy with how the character is developing and the story is really picking up steam. All things considered I'm glad I waited, the patches and re-recorded lines (not to mention a PC from the future) make a huge difference. Now I'm agonizing over who to side with. On the one hand the plot has at least partially been spoiled for me by the Witcher 2 trailers, so while I would have normally leaned towards The Order I have the whole metagame knowledge of not wanting to build them up if I'll need to fight them later. On the other hand I just can't get behind the idea of letting the Squirrels gain enough power to carry out their intentions. I want to play the two off of each other and wear both down but it doesn't seem like the game is going to let me do that for the moment at least. So I guess I'm going to go with the Order and hope I have enough freedom to fix whatever they break once the villains twirl their moustaches and yell surprise.

Also, the alchemy system is just amazing, I love it.

Edited by Serrano

I've been playing "Fate of the World" - this game is addictive and extremely difficult.. you basically have to save the planet - carefully balancing the need for and supply of oil while moving the world towards better energy solution. Using bio-fuel to meet the demand almost always causes massive hunger (in one game the world population dropped to 1 billion because of war and hunger). At the same time the developing nations go bankrupt if you don't alleviate their problems and the following deforestation causes almost complete ecological collaps... jeez, I don't like our chances! Pre-ordering gives you access to a full working beta, which some minor bugs.. It's a damn good game.

Fortune favors the bald.

well, I mean there's more combat in ME2 than talking, you can skip most of the dialogue with your team and just concentrate on missions. of course that'll mean you losing most of them to Collectors during the suicide mission but who cares, right :)

All that talky makes replaying a chore. ugh I know your story, Thane, WHY DO I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU AGAIN?!

Pet peeve of mine. Even if dialogue and cutscenes are skippable, it ruins the experience of replays. Which is why I favor short and sweet or completely optional.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."