What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I think its something fundamentally uncivilized in perpetually turning left for 50 laps.

that's one of the greatest mysteries of human culture for me... :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Tried out the Killzone 3 demo today. It was kind of fun, in a Call of Duty kind of way, but without the stigma of supporting Kotick's insane plans. Would definitely pick it up next week, but not sure if I can, being completely broke and having to buy DA2 in two weeks, anyway. Hmpf. Could use a second controller, though, and they have a special edition with a limited green one... ggrrr. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

In general, I'd agree with the Veteran statement, but after the pummeling with the nerfbat adepts got for ME2 (down from being totally OP in ME1), it might be a bit... grindy with the adept.

In fact, adept would have been my last choice for playing ME2, it's the only class I haven't beaten the game with yet (nor am I likely to).

My bad. I confused Veteran with Normal. I meant to say that the game is supposedly balanced around the level of difficulty where regular mooks don't have shields/barriers. That would be Normal, I think.

And yeah, I don't think *anyone* liked the heavy-handed approach they took wrt biotics and protections, to me it's just lazy design. Among the many changes I've tried is removing the "shields block powers" rule and the game feels genuinely more fun to play as an Adept. Enemies still have a ton of health and hit pretty hard, but stuff like Pull Field is crazy OP, and YMIR/Prime minibosses become a joke.

Agreed. I think that the rock/paper/scissor approach they took is fundamentally sound (probably mostly because I would play Sentinels even if it wasn't there), but somehow they failed to adapt the adept (no pun intended - well, maybe a little bit) to this system.

Also, when you discover the pleasures of squad incendiary/inferno ammo, the game starts feeling like it was balanced for veteran/hardcore. :thumbsup:

I took the difficulty just above normal, that' usually the way to go. I'm not impressed by how the duck punishes you for moving forward. Usually it's duck, shoot, wait until they stop spawning, if not you risk getting overwhelmed. I only noticed them actively trying to flank me once or twice, and that was always after the rest of the team were dead. I think the combat might have worked a great deal better if you were soloing

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I took the difficulty just above normal, that' usually the way to go. I'm not impressed by how the duck punishes you for moving forward. Usually it's duck, shoot, wait until they stop spawning, if not you risk getting overwhelmed. I only noticed them actively trying to flank me once or twice, and that was always after the rest of the team were dead. I think the combat might have worked a great deal better if you were soloing

I think they only really start to flank you on hardcore.

Impulse had a sale on Dead Rising 2 so I'm playing that. Stupidly fun game, though I dislike the fact that there is no separate auto-save slot. Sometimes I'm wandering around and run into a boss battle that I'm not prepared for. It's annoying when you've been having fun killing zombies, collecting fun weapons for a while then lose it all.

Still, fun game.

I tried hardcore mode, unfortunately you take so much damage that it's even more critical that you remain behind cover the whole time.
You *need* to use Singularity. Even if it doesn't work as advertised on protected mobs, it will cause progressive damage and inflict a stagger on enemies in close proximity, which you should exploit to take out their shields. Once they are floating around helpless, have Miranda Warp bomb them for MASSIVE DAMAGE. The Adept is the only class that can set up its own Warp detonations, so be creative. And don't forget your melee attack either, it hurts pretty hard, staggers mobs and if you time it correctly it can cut in half your reload time.

I don't recommend Hardcore for a first playthrough, though. Learn the game, the different powers/weapons and your squadmates, and if you feel like replaying you'll have a much better chance of enjoying the harder modes without reloading n times for every fight.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I think its something fundamentally uncivilized in perpetually turning left for 50 laps.

that's one of the greatest mysteries of human culture for me... :(

Inbreeding mate...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Risen, 15 hours in. It's Gothic all over again. That's great, but I kind of wish they did something mroe with the Gothic concept.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I feel for you.

I gave up when the Join the Order quest broke irreversibly. Been looking at DLCs for Mass Effect 2. Getting all of them will cost more than the price of the game, and they are in the order of 'A gun', 'a suit of Armor', 'an extra companion.' etc.

Captain we have interned rip off space, constrain the crew to quarters.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

I feel for you.

I gave up when the Join the Order quest broke irreversibly. Been looking at DLCs for Mass Effect 2. Getting all of them will cost more than the price of the game, and they are in the order of 'A gun', 'a suit of Armor', 'an extra companion.' etc.

Captain we have interned rip off space, constrain the crew to quarters.

Don't think there actually is a dlc with just a single item. :)

I consider Kasumi's Lost Memory and Lair of the Shadow Broker to be very worthwhile, but since you apparently don't particularly like the game, I'm surprised you are even looking at them? Or was it just to complain? :p

I like it, I don't like the cost. It's the principle of the thing. If I had bought the game in a store I would have gotten 1200 EA money free, I bought it on steam, , and got nothing, the included redemption code is 'already used' as if I had bought the game second hand. On top of that they Taylor the DCL cost so you are invariably 50 points off and will have to buy more than you need., the total for the DLCs with any any content in them short of new gear is 2450 EA money. That comes to half and again what I payed for the game. Insane.

I'm considering getting them anyway, how much is in them ?

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

I like it, I don't like the cost. It's the principle of the thing. If I had bought the game in a store I would have gotten 1200 EA money free, I bought it on steam, , and got nothing, the included redemption code is 'already used' as if I had bought the game second hand. On top of that they Taylor the DCL cost so you are invariably 50 points off and will have to buy more than you need., the total for the DLCs with any any content in them short of new gear is 2450 EA money. That comes to half and again what I payed for the game. Insane.

Dude, looking back at your posts on the subject, I wouldn't imagine that you like the thing. :D

You should contact steam/EA about the rememption code, there's definitely something wrong there. You should be getting the Cerberus pack for free from Steam too and it's definitely worth THAT price (=nothing). Not as it should be.

Of the other DLC, I heartily recommend the two I mentioned above. None of the other ones are really necessary by any stretch of imagination, Overlord is a decent sidemission but nothing else, some of the new guns are decent, but between Kasumi, Cerberus pack and what's in the default game, not needed.

I'd definitely contact Steam support about the download code, though.

I finished 5th in my second ever NASCAR race at iRacing. I think it was because Im slightly intoxicated, you cant drive bad enough sober.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Scroll down for a list of the dlc. The stuff in the list marked free [n2] is all in the Cerberus pack.

Since I absolutely loved the game I picked up all the DLC as it came in. I agree with Nepenthe and I'd say Kasumi & Shadow Broker are the best of the bunch. I really liked Overlord as well as it has a killer ending.

As far as the weapon/armor packs went, the one I use constantly in-game is from the cerberus network: The Cerberus Arc Projector. The weapon is saving my butt in an Insanity difficulty playthrough. Unfortunately I don't think you can pick and choose stuff from the Cerberus Network, I think you have to buy the whole thing to get access to any one dlc from it.

If you really want the complete package too, you can download the Dr. Pepper dlc items by looking up a code on the internet and signing into a website. You were supposed to get the code from the tops of Dr. Pepper but apparently the codes are not individualized. The helmets are pretty cool but you do have to sign into a seperate web-site and link your account.

Does Kasumi add anything to the game? Is she like Zaeed in this regard?

Her loyalty mission plays somewhat differently from any other in the game, and is pretty good. But apart from that, it's the same stuff, new semi-implemented character (semi, as in no dialogue tree on normandy, but a lot of interjections and other "talk" on the Normandy), new gun (except the one in Kasumi is really REALLY good, and IMO comes with a really cool little backstory) and new unlockable power for Shepard. It's probably not as good as LotSB, but it's the second best piece of DLC I have bought for any game.

(Point Lookout is probably number 3) :p

Edited by Nepenthe

The only DLC for ME2 thats worth a damn is Shadow Broker and maybe Overlord, although its short and mostly just combat.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "