What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Even though the code didn't confirm I now have a 'Cerberus' laptop with news in the game menu, maybe that means it worked, or it's just advertising stuff. Do I see the Hammerhead in the garage, new research projects ?.

There should have been a download. One way to check would be to go to Omega. The Mercenary should be just down the hall as you arrive.

Or check the weapons locker under heavy weapons and see if you have the Arc Projector.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

I like it, I don't like the cost. It's the principle of the thing. If I had bought the game in a store I would have gotten 1200 EA money free, I bought it on steam, , and got nothing, the included redemption code is 'already used' as if I had bought the game second hand. On top of that they Taylor the DCL cost so you are invariably 50 points off and will have to buy more than you need., the total for the DLCs with any any content in them short of new gear is 2450 EA money. That comes to half and again what I payed for the game. Insane.

I'm considering getting them anyway, how much is in them ?

Dude, looking back at your posts on the subject, I wouldn't imagine that you like the thing. :D

You should contact steam/EA about the rememption code, there's definitely something wrong there. You should be getting the Cerberus pack for free from Steam too and it's definitely worth THAT price (=nothing). Not as it should be.

Of the other DLC, I heartily recommend the two I mentioned above. None of the other ones are really necessary by any stretch of imagination, Overlord is a decent sidemission but nothing else, some of the new guns are decent, but between Kasumi, Cerberus pack and what's in the default game, not needed.

I'd definitely contact Steam support about the download code, though.

Here we provide the essential public service of complaining about games. Consider this, if not us who else would take up the mantle.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Here we provide the essential public service of complaining about games. Consider this, if not us who else would take up the mantle.

Yeah, well, glad you got your stuff sorted. Most of the "free" Cerberus stuff is pretty naff, but Zaeed's mostly ok.

I don't think Kasumi's mission is any shorter than Zaeed's, so she's just like the other DLC character. I got my money's worth out of it, I'd rather take a shorter mission that one of those circle of magi type artificially long Bioware levels :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Napoleon Total War.

Russian historical campaign. Very similar to Empire Total War, except smaller in scale and better time (and season) management. I still dislike the whole idea of mass conscription armies fighting in ridiculous looking uniforms for the glory of some imbecil general, emperor or king. I can hardly think anything more stupid action then to walk in streight line towards your enemies and not even bother to dodge the bullets. Poor bastards didn't even get combat helmets (that's one bizarre turn of events in military history as mass armies had to wait untill mid World War I to get 'em back). Yes, direct hit from musket fire will get thru but small scrapnel (from explosions and cannon ball AoE damage) and indirect hits are usually stopped.

Battles have not been too difficult so far. France seem to have special units or better then normal units in their full armies so I guess sooner or later I'll start to lose. And they often move more then one full army against you. I try to play without pause and so far it's been ok.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

My nephew came over so I got Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Nothing feels better than beating a 6 year old at a game he's been playing for most of the week.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

you have a team yet tale? I've been experimenting with wolverine but I can't find people to pair with him that I like using as well.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

you have a team yet tale? I've been experimenting with wolverine but I can't find people to pair with him that I like using as well.

I don't play seriously, I just play arcade mode. I'm aiming to get all the endings unlocked, so I'm going through everyone.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

After nearly quitting Word of Tanks for good, I found an excellent clan which shows a lot of promise. The clan war system isn't in the beta, but the information the devs have given sound really fun. Looking forward to that.

Also started playing Supreme Commander again, the Cybran campaign.

any ArmA2 addicts here?

Played it a lot on release and even made some own missions, etc. It's really a fun game, just the performance is a bit bad here and there... Also the campaign was horrible bugged when I played it. It kind of made me stop playing it and now I am not really in the mood anymore to continue..

Though, I was part of some really big (40+ players) coop online missions against the ai and it was really fun. We used real group command structure, etc. Could do this again, but it's always at least 2 to 3 or more hours... huh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm playing Alpha Protocol. With only one lockup so far, this is probably the stablest on most reliable Obsid game published. :(

I still think it didn't get anything close to a fair treatment from the press. Sure, it was probably overly ambitious (and fails in a lot of things it tries to do by trying to do too many things) and is a somewhat dreary-looking game to boot, but 6/10? Not fair...

Glad I spotted it on the shelf, saved me the price of Uncharted 2 for now... and a trip to -20c outdoors to pick it up.

Also the campaign was horrible bugged when I played it. It kind of made me stop playing it and now I am not really in the mood anymore to continue..

I found some huge mod called A.C.E. 2, they say it fixes most bugs and enhances the campaign. I wanted to know if anyone had tried playing with it

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yes, ACE2 is great. It's mainly a "fun realism" mod and adds lots of fancy stuff to the game. I personally can't play without it. :( Though it makes the game even more complex than it is normally. There are features added like you can't hear anything anymore if you are standing too close to something very loud or if you use some machine gun without earplugs, if you are standing right near a tank while he is firing it's main gun, you fall to ground because of the shockwave and so on. There are

on youtube that show the features.

I was once with a group of players right in front of an M1A2 tank while he was using his main gun... it nearly killed all of us.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

wow! sounds awesome. that's exactly what I want from a military game.

the only problem: my team is getting owned in campaign. every time we get ambushed by insurgents, my gunner gets killed and as soon as I man the machine gun they headshot me. game over.

my god, these videos've blown my mind... you have to take wind into account when sniping :(

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm playing Alpha Protocol. With only one lockup so far, this is probably the stablest on most reliable Obsid game published. ;)

...and a trip to -20c outdoors to pick it up.

Funny, I started playing Alpha Protocol this weekend too, because it was -20 degrees outside and I didn't want to go anywhere.

Yes, very stable, but also clunky. I can't put my finger to it, but the entire game feels slightly.. off. From the menus, to the camera controls, to the shooting mechanics, to the character customization.

I am still enjoying it a bit (only did 1.5 missions so far), but I am wondering about a lot of the design decisions that went into this game. Who thought having bouncing bright yellow markers over everything was a good idea? I mean, I can go into a mission and know I'm supposed to fund it myself. But I don't have to! Because the "terrorists" have been kind enough to mark all their valuables with bouncing yellow money markers that are impossible to miss!

Also, instead of having a working physics system (so I can just run off a ledge and fall down), I instead have a bouncing yellow arrow showing me "HERE YOU MAY FALL DOWN". Why?? And who in their right mind would not know that ladders can be climbed without having to have a bouncing yellow marker telling them so? Puzzling. It's like the developers assumed all their players are complete idiots who needs visual markers to be able to go from point A to point B.

I have not yet experienced the fabled choices and consequences, but I do like the dialogue. And I like that my Thorton looks like a cross between an emo kid and a surfer dude. I hate him so much!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

This is my second time through the game, so I kind of know what to expect this time (even though in the case of falling into the skybox, again, my expectations have so far been happily let down). I find myself metagaming the **** out of this game, though - and I hate the fact that I can't pause during dialogue, somebody always calls me when I have a five minute interactive cutscene going on.

And I like that my Thorton looks like a cross between an emo kid and a surfer dude. I hate him so much!!

That's one of the many flaws of the game; the main character is just such a total douche. He even looks annoying! I put a full beard and sunglasses on him so I wouldnt have to look at his smug face during the dialogue.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And I like that my Thorton looks like a cross between an emo kid and a surfer dude. I hate him so much!!

That's one of the many flaws of the game; the main character is just such a total douche. He even looks annoying! I put a full beard and sunglasses on him so I wouldnt have to look at his smug face during the dialogue.

For me. Thats not a flaw but a positive. ;)

I love my thorton.

(On the other hand I personally wouldn't buy good thorton as much. For someone whos line of work is to manipulate people daily especially.

Edited by C2B

I put a full beard and sunglasses on him so I wouldnt have to look at his smug face during the dialogue.

hah! exactly what I did. that was the only way to make him look bad-ass. and a sun tan too

Walsingham said:

instead have a bouncing yellow arrow showing me "HERE YOU MAY FALL DOWN". Why??

Console gamers. Or in other words people who burrow into a game like a tick into a dog's neck.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

instead have a bouncing yellow arrow showing me "HERE YOU MAY FALL DOWN". Why??

Console gamers. Or in other words people who burrow into a game like a tick into a dog's neck.

HA! Doubt it. I've never witnessed a single desicion like that being made because of a dev team, or console gamers... Usually its some retarded exec going "I'm confused, I don't play games, you need to point this out to me"

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!