What are you playing now?

Tigranes

Several hours, several reloads and several restarts of Realms of Arkania 2 - now I *think* I know enough not to get the party diseased and killed within a week, but certainly not enough to work out what the hell I should be doing.

Several hours, several reloads and several restarts of Realms of Arkania 2 - now I *think* I know enough not to get the party diseased and killed within a week, but certainly not enough to work out what the hell I should be doing.

If you can avoid going broke within two weeks you can start moving south.

Only once you'll hit the mountains the real fun will begin.

Finally I got a chance to play Rockstar's Bully. Other then obvious control issues (everything is designed to be played with console controller, so keyboard and mouse are definately not optimal), I think the game is great. I love writing in Rockstar games and Bully is no different. I also have to give 'em credit for creating game in such an unused environment. Characters are great and main villain is one of the best ever in computer games.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Heavy Rain is currently on the chopping block, but since I last posted in one of these I've done

Red Dead Redemption

Split Second

Call of Duty Black Ops

Sengoku Basara (not much of this)

Assassins Creed II

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Metro 2033

WoW

Mass Effect 2

and a bit of Team Fortress 2.

I kinda want to get a new game, and have the urge to go driving. Split second, for all it's fun, when you get down to it, is the same six tracks just with different turns and shortcuts added. Best guess is that either I'll pick up something off of Steam (or some sod could give me something off my wishlist >.>) or head to gamestop and snag me a Gran Truismo 5.

Well either driving or a semi-realistic shooter like Rainbow Six Vegas. God I wish I had my games library here. Of course that library is practically gutted thanks to all my stuff having gotten stolen in the Des Moines post office.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have to admit, I'm half tempted by Brotherhood for the pc just to see what on earth happens with the story and to see what Rome is like...

But then it gets weighed up against the other games released around the same time and the annoying Ubisoft "constant internet connection requirement".

So I think it'll probably fall into the category of "wait until its under a tenner many months from now."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Assassins Creed II

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

How did Brotherhood fare compared to ACII?

Pretty good but shorter. Like Yhatzee said, most of the plot expansion is done on the "outside" rather than with Ezio. Overall Ezio's story is basically "build a power base and hunt down the Borgia family". There is a fairly good reason you loose all of your equipment right off too (your villa gets attacked and you basically have just enough time to put on your hidden blade and that's it). Basically it's Assassins Creed 2 with the "faffing about" becoming more prominent than the story.

The best addition by far is the "Execute" system. Basically when you're fighting and you counter or Execute somebody (stab them enough to get a special animation for a kill) you can build a combo that leads to MANY dead bodies REALLY fast. If they put it in for the end of AC1 that level would probably be half as long because the fight would be done in 30 seconds.

Honestly, I would LOVE for them to produce something that makes it so you could just run AC2 and Brotherhood off the same disk with Brotherhoods systems, but that'll never work.

I just did a 'man date' thing with Dwayne in GTA IV, Got drunk, and tried to drive home. I actually feel queasy and hungover now. Eugh.....

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The best addition by far is the "Execute" system. Basically when you're fighting and you counter or Execute somebody (stab them enough to get a special animation for a kill) you can build a combo that leads to MANY dead bodies REALLY fast. If they put it in for the end of AC1 that level would probably be half as long because the fight would be done in 30 seconds.

I'm playing through it right now and agree that the execute system is great. I also like sending assassins to kill my targets and then just sitting back to watch. I sent two of them against some soldiers on a castle wall, turned away to continue the fight downstairs, and when I looked up there were two assassin's on horseback up on the wall and a bunch of dead bodies. It's a not possible to ride a horse up there so they had no way of getting down, so they just keep pacing back and forth waiting for me to look away so they could disappear.

I'm playing through it right now and agree that the execute system is great. I also like sending assassins to kill my targets and then just sitting back to watch. I sent two of them against some soldiers on a castle wall, turned away to continue the fight downstairs, and when I looked up there were two assassin's on horseback up on the wall and a bunch of dead bodies. It's a not possible to ride a horse up there so they had no way of getting down, so they just keep pacing back and forth waiting for me to look away so they could disappear.

When you get em fully upgraded you just summon em all and they turn the entire place into a killing field while you sip a martini.

So, I bought The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena from Steam when it was on sale. Now I gave it a go and here's my first impressions in the order I got them:

1. Main menu opens up and I move the mouse. There's a slight mouse acceleration which you can't apparently turn off. I HATE MOUSE ACCELERATION!

2. I get the settings done and start the game. Subtitles are f@*

Well, we have one of the three people in the world without a widescreen monitor in the forum. :lol:

Does it have the additional, wholly inappropriate requirement of a dvd drive, or was this a digital download? :lol:)

p.s. oh yeah. I should read the whole post before being snarky. Still, I haven't seen a new non-widescreen monitor in six years, so I think you basically have it coming.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

p.s. oh yeah. I should read the whole post before being snarky. Still, I haven't seen a new non-widescreen monitor in six years, so I think you basically have it coming.

I was trying to play the Escape from Butcher Bay campaing. It was released in 2004.

Go play with your mac, Mr Hi-Tech.

Got the same problems with the black bars. It's so annoying and you can't change it.

Also, yes. The main menu is a mouse-mess. I use the keyboard in there...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I was trying to play the Escape from Butcher Bay campaing. It was released in 2004.

... Who cares when the original version came out if it's been shoved into a new engine? In fact, I can practically see it on the design doc, "let's make it so that it doesn't work in 5:4 so it seems more modern!" :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm probably the only one who thinks the Dark Athena campaign was better than the Butcher Bay campaign. Really liked Revan as a character and voice actor, I can't wait for Project Redlime.

ditto

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif