RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Maria Caliban

Glad I never got into games development. Although, that kind of BS is probably common, thankfully I've just had inept and clumsy management rather than evil

I always blame production!

I've been on projects that have had hard times and its usually down to lack of something... Money, foresight, time... etc...

At the end of the day the buck stops with the people at the top, they're in charge of most of the factors that make development hard.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I didn't like Red Dead Redemption personally. Can't really say much about the article because its a personal recollection and I wasn't there (and we're certainly only getting one side of the story).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ambivalent about that, really, didn't dig much of the changes. Interesting timing for that as well. As an aside, have to like LinkedIn stalking

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm betting everything on EA winning.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

girl gamers of uk :giggle:

so, this is their first big project, right? never heard about Bedlam Games. in theory an AD&D slasher game sounds cool, but usually they turn out to be crap :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

oh no, I'm not falling for that one again :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

girl gamers of uk :giggle:

....what's there to giggle about?

I bet they like to braid each others hair. lol girls r funny

Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale is an engaging multi-player experience

Multiplayer.

What's wrong with Atari? Don't have the cash to fund real games anymore?

Action-packed RPG gameplay allows for solo and co-op play for up to four players.

What the hell do you have against Gauntlet? Kids today have no respect for the classics.

Edited by Hell Kitty

I know it's easy to be negative, which is probably why I am. But this looks spectacularly bad. Why? D&D is flawed, quirky and fun. What it isn't is 'easy to pick up and play' and with Gauntlet style co-op. This product isn't playing to the strengths of the game.

Plus it's 4E.

sonsofgygax.JPG

....what's there to giggle about?

A gaming news site. The 'themed' ones are even more snicker-worthy.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know it's easy to be negative, which is probably why I am. But this looks spectacularly bad. Why? D&D is flawed, quirky and fun. What it isn't is 'easy to pick up and play' and with Gauntlet style co-op. This product isn't playing to the strengths of the game.

Plus it's 4E.

I'm more worried about it being a downloadable game to me...kinda makes me think there won't be much to it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

At least with Elminster & Storm Silverhand largely stripped of their powers by the Spellplague, no longer will ridiculous excuses have to be found to make an invasion of Shadowdale believable as in certain NWN modules & 2nd edition campaigns.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Atari hasn't impressed me in a while. Last I heard they were very MMO focused. And checking their website shows casual games and MMOs mainly.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."