RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Maria Caliban

I took that 'l' for a 't' there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wait wait, I just heard that Nathan Drake in the next Uncharted might actually tuck his shirt in. I need the scoop on this!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

But, LA Noire isn't Grand Theft Auto set in the 1940s. It's not Red Dead Redemption without horses. Perhaps the best comparison I can offer is this: it's a big-budget, M-rated Phoenix Wright.

Interesting.

Yeah, I got the investigation heavy -vibe from this from an earlier preview. Looks like this is going to be a rockstar game I pick up for a change. Maybe I'll even do my first game trade-in for this and get rid of gtaiv.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Still just a CGI trailer.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So the mooks will still attack Batman one by one.

Nah, Batman is just so adept at fighting that he positions himself after every move that there's always a dazed baddie between himself and the next potential threat. The attacking baddie has no choice but to try and go around his buddy to attack, at which point Batman has already taken out someone else and positioned himself elsewhere.

So it just looks like they're attacking him one at a time.

That's how it plays out in my head at least.

Highlander game Canceled I'm sort of disappointed by this, while I was expecting this I was still hoping to go around chopping the heads off immortals.

Can anyone tell me why this game (or anything Highlander after the first one) was a good idea?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

All Highlander sucks, save for the TV series.

:enters Volo-mode: No.

:p seriously, highlander TV-series? bleh, only the first movie , yes, please.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

All Highlander sucks, save for the TV series.

:enters Volo-mode: No.

:sorcerer: seriously, highlander TV-series? bleh, only the first movie , yes, please.

Adrian Paul will cut you if you talk like that. Seriously, he was a better Highlander than Christopher Lambert.

Adrian Paul is what i hate the most about the series :sorcerer: (not to mention, I don't like serials in general and have only enjoyed 3 so far, Generation Kill, Long Way Round and Twin Peaks :lol: )

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

You're all wrong, Raven was where it was at.

Maybe if another protagonist than Amanda was used (like originally was planned). Amanda being portrayed as a lousy swordfighter who always had to run to McLeod for help throughout the Highlander series, and suddenly becoming badass in Raven, killed it very quickly.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Highlander TV series had hundreds of villains, but no one came even close to the greatness of the Kurgan ( his sword is also the most badass of them all). So the 1st movie > all other material ... > remake of the 1st movie

1.13 killed off Ja2.

There's a plan for a remake - written by the team for Iron Man, IIRC. Not filmed and AFAIK no one has been cast.

The last Highlander film (with Adrian Paul, HIGHLANDER: THE SOURCE) spent a year IIRC without finding a distributor before it was slipped to direct-to-cable as a Sci-fi channel movie (where it received poor reviews and poor ratings).

The rights owners figure its time to restart the whole thing (which, to be honest, would at least give them a chance to create a consistent mythology since the original series as a whole is a house of cards).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I kind of remember the first Highlander movie being.. good?! Is it possible that Christopher Lambert has been in a good movie..?

Of course, I was like.. 13 when I saw it the first time. My memory is a bit vague.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Is it possible that Christopher Lambert has been in a good movie..?

what about Nirvana? a lot of people liked it. a lot.

Walsingham said: