RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Maria Caliban

so, do we have a Two Worlds II thread somewhere? such an anticipated game and nobody played it yet? the demo gives me headaches, I want to discuss :ermm:

Oohh, let me check my preorder.

YES! It's still on for 26/11 (two days from now)! Let's hope they won't move it forward yet another week.

I will probably spam the **** out of the Pictures thread if I get it on Friday.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Chopped part of the old thread off to give the thread a head start... reusing assets and all that >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The whole picture being that you feel validated in pirating your games because you think they're too expensive?

I think his point was more to the lines that in some places games are overpriced ridiculously as to eliminate purchasing them as an option entirely. Therefore pirating it via torrent or some Chinese store becomes more appealing than it would. And for them, definitely not a lost sale. Most likely the reality of the situation, but I suppose we must get righteously angry over it still (not our money in any event so >_<)

Hm, wonder how come no one's mentioned that 'entitlement' buzzword yet.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

pmp10 did:

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1082986

If pirates feel entitled to free software (especially newest/most expensive) they will strike hard against anyone proposing changes to the current situation. The result are exacly what happend when ubisoft tried to implement server based DRM with AC2. Organized DDOS attacks were launched on the company, partly in order to stop legitimate customers from playing the game. Such actions only show that they believe their "rights" were being threatened and that was the most logical solution to influence the situation. They certainly couldn't boycott the product because they never bought it before and nobody was going to assume anything else can make them change their mind.

(emphasis mine)

pmp10 did:

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1082986

If pirates feel entitled to free software (especially newest/most expensive) they will strike hard against anyone proposing changes to the current situation. The result are exacly what happend when ubisoft tried to implement server based DRM with AC2. Organized DDOS attacks were launched on the company, partly in order to stop legitimate customers from playing the game. Such actions only show that they believe their "rights" were being threatened and that was the most logical solution to influence the situation. They certainly couldn't boycott the product because they never bought it before and nobody was going to assume anything else can make them change their mind.

(emphasis mine)

Which pretty much sums it up. Pirates are pathetic no matter how they try to justify it. Lets save the piracy for another thread, this is for news (and piracy is really old news by now).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

those giant, flaming vaginas people told me I had to go into.

Not nearly as fun as it sounds.

I'm hesitant to say it, but you go into one giant, flaming vagina, you've gone into them all.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

IIf TES V introduces a similar melee system, it will be heaven.

I must be missing something, but the melee in two worlds 2 is... errr... nothing spectacular. at least it haven't been so far. the character isn't very responsive to comands, most of the time I just keep clicking the left mouse button because there's no way to apply tactics while attacking, I get surrounded all the time. I hope it gets better as you level up and find new skill books. and then there's Dragon Age-style slo-mo kills :x

gotta give credit to the developers, though. at least they tried to make it complex and interesting. but mob placement ruined it (unless they had a jack-of-all-trades character in mind when designing dungeons)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

IIf TES V introduces a similar melee system, it will be heaven.

I must be missing something, but the melee in two worlds 2 is... errr... nothing spectacular. at least it haven't been so far. the character isn't very responsive to comands, most of the time I just keep clicking the left mouse button because there's no way to apply tactics while attacking, I get surrounded all the time. I hope it gets better as you level up and find new skill books. and then there's Dragon Age-style slo-mo kills :thumbsup:

gotta give credit to the developers, though. at least they tried to make it complex and interesting. but mob placement ruined it (unless they had a jack-of-all-trades character in mind when designing dungeons)

There's that whirlwind attack for melee. What I like is that sometimes mobs are positioned in such a way that sneak kills are actually possible, unlike in the first game.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Ooh, I like the gifting part of the sale. 8 copies of Deus Ex for 12 bucks. I might do that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Is the story in Two Worlds 2 any good?

judging by the intro and the first two areas, it's crap.

a wizard captures a powerful demon and somehow traps it in a human body (some girl) and with this new ally usurps all power in the land. you play the girl's brother, who's instrumental to wizard's plans. a group of orcs storms the palace and helps you escape. you get told that there's a prophecy (wow, what a surprise) and you're a big part of it.

so this faction sends you on a quest to figure out how the wizard became so powerful, and you naturally want to save your sister.

I think it's a very poor story, for a first chapter, that is. maybe it gets better.

the game itself is beautiful, though. a very good engine. the only problem is character animation. the hero look like a cripple when running :thumbsup:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

the story sounds perfectly acceptable as a premise imo, the thing that always matters most (IMO) is the execution. Characters, writing, and pacing have a far greater importance in what makes a great story than a plot blurb.

lots of the great stories have very simple and cliche plots, but its the way they are told which makes them great.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Is the story in Two Worlds 2 any good?

judging by the intro and the first two areas, it's crap.

a wizard captures a powerful demon and somehow traps it in a human body (some girl) and with this new ally usurps all power in the land. you play the girl's brother, who's instrumental to wizard's plans. a group of orcs storms the palace and helps you escape. you get told that there's a prophecy (wow, what a surprise) and you're a big part of it.

so this faction sends you on a quest to figure out how the wizard became so powerful, and you naturally want to save your sister.

I think it's a very poor story, for a first chapter, that is. maybe it gets better.

the game itself is beautiful, though. a very good engine. the only problem is character animation. the hero look like a cripple when running :lol:

You haven't played the first game, have you? The beginning makes a lot more sense if you did.

it is not a demon but Aziraal, god of fire worshipped by the Orcs.

The entire prologue is great and beats pretty much every other action RPG out there.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

.. And for the bizzare.. I just got an email over my pre-order for Tron Evolution on pc... Apparently, they're no longer releasing a pc version of the game.

A Tron game. And they've decided last minute to not release the pc version.

I am... flabbergasted.

Edit: Double checking and no place I can find online in Europe has Tron Evolution pc available.. but Amazon.com still has a listing for it although that's got the December release date...

Anyone in Australia managed to find a copy of it yet? Since that had the Nov 25th release date...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The entire prologue is great and beats pretty much every other action RPG out there.

even Mass Effect had a better beginning o:) you're obviously biased :shifty: you work for TopWare?

Walsingham said:

Thread pruned. Those who wants to flog the dead horse of piracy can find the posts here