What you did today

Pidesco

I was invited to spend Christmas with this lady I'm dating and her son. I really don't want to but I haven't come up with an excuse yet. I'll think of one though, just give me some time...

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was invited to spend Christmas with this lady I'm dating and her son. I really don't want to but I haven't come up with an excuse yet. I'll think of one though, just give me some time...

Say you have airborne herpes.

At Christmas.

It's like malaria. It comes back now and again.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Say you have airborne herpes.

At Christmas.

It's like malaria. It comes back now and again.

I'm becoming a rreal scrooge I guess but I just wish I could skip christmas this year.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I skip Christmas almost every year, it's been good. Girlfriend went back up to another town for family last year and she will again.

Although I guess that obliges me to pre-Christmas replacement celebration thing.

I say dump her, then make up with her just after christmas.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

still debating what to do for xmas this year

could either go to my sister's place, but it's a few hours drive and her husband is an idiot

could go to my mother's place for the first time in 5 years or so, but again it's ages away and i can't really be bothered

another option is to do what i did last year and go to my friend's mother's place. she really seems to like me and has told them to tell me i'm more than welcome to come along again this year

and another option is to go out to my girlfriend's parent's place. only met them last week so it might be a bit weird

or i could just sit at home and get drunk

decisions decisions...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

To my great delight on two counts I am pleased to report that my physio informed me today that she is coming to the gig this weekend.

*bows*

My second reason being that it vindicates my eschewing the 'groin first at full gallop' approach.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bah. Using my method, you'd be drinking Champagne from her belly button right about now.

An interesting replacement for morning coffee. :ermm:

-Elwood Blues

Well, congratulations on the success of the courting so far Wals.. may it proceed smoothly.

After not getting to sleep until aroun 4-5am and then waking up with a joyful joyful headache digging away... I've been taking the morning slow.

Have to try braving the darkness and dangers of a cold attic to dig out some of the christmas decorations to put up on the tree at some point and some other things to poke at work-wise.. Have to see how well the ibruprufen kicks in.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Waiting for a NV patch changelog. *taps foot*

Which probably won't be for a while so I guess I'm going to run the errands I've been putting off all week. Exciting.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Cursing out the Boston Red Sox on another forum right now. Damn them!

Thomas Sowell

EVE Online account got hacked, so rather than working I'm trying to figure out how I can log on from here to see what damage was done. Looks like he sold most of my ships, hmph.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well I got the ISK back, but guy sold off all my BS's. While annoying, still have the funds to replace the two I need for mission running. And besides, it'll be fun to work my way up again. Put a query in about getting my ships back - sans equipment - (the transaction log pretty shows what he/she sold), but doubt they will.

Serves me right for using such a weak password though. :thumbsup:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well I got the ISK back, but guy sold off all my BS's. While annoying, still have the funds to replace the two I need for mission running. And besides, it'll be fun to work my way up again. Put a query in about getting my ships back - sans equipment - (the transaction log pretty shows what he/she sold), but doubt they will.

Serves me right for using such a weak password though. :thumbsup:

The probability of some random hacker figuring out your logon and password is astronomical, no? More likely is one of your addons (does EVE use addons?) or a key logger.

One thing that Blizzard (WoW) is very good about is returning gear if you get hacked. It may take a day or two but they get it all back to you.

No addons, and my machine 'appears' to be clean. My password really was a joke, any disappointment I have over my stuff is tempered by my anger at my idiocy. 4 character dictionary word ?! Grah!

Really lathered the singing practice today. Fingers clenched etc.

-Elwood Blues

I was doing some chores this morning and nearly fainted when I bent over in tip toes to dig clothes out of the washing machine. I then realized that on top of only 3 hrs. sleep, I had forgotten to eat yesterday (30+ hrs). Now that it's crossed my mind, I'm ravenous. lol.

Hmm.....meat and rice/vegies, here I come.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just spent a bit over 4 hours of my friday night working with a guy on getting some coding done. A touch of help and guidance given and now I actually feel as if I've achieved something.

Which after the last few weeks of coder's block and frustration (which can be very soul-destroying in its way) is actually quite nice.

Thought I'd get back into some gaming time, and decided to pick up a copy of AC2 cheap via amazon (it was about

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."