What you did today

Pidesco

One of those days where for no apparent reason I am in a really foul mood. Trying to stir the christmas spirit and not snap at everybody.

Try liberal amounts of bourbon in your coffee/tea. It always works for me.

No, bourbon is awful in tea you have to use vodka.

I have field-tested this extensively, if you are going to drink bourbon at work become a lawyer or a doctor.

Lawyers don't drink at work, they do blow instead.

Huh. My ignorance of this particular rule might just have something to do with the disappointing performance assessment...

Sometimes it's really hard to find even an instrumental track for a video that isn't on YouTube's immediate no-no list. If my second choice is on their list I'll scream and give up and go back to making straight up no-backtrack game videos. Recompressing/reuploading is no fun. I'm all for protecting music but man, you can't even use a sample, practically, of something in a YT video anymore. Humbug!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Another day with a killer headache all day. I hate my back trouble. I almost never had headaches of any kind before this.

Shame really as the snow and freezing mist manages to make even England look beautiful.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Awesome day, three production issues, and I've been put on, moved off and put back on all three of them in rapid succession. It's like a really bad OS scheduler. o:)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@Walsh my own bad upper back is a frequent cause of mild head and neck aches. I don't get truly bad ones very often but still annoying. Couches are often too "cushy" to be comfortable sitting for long for that reason so I have to be reclined/lying down on those. Bah. Hope your issues can get better.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Could also be from retaining stress, I recommend a professional massage to relieve muscle tension.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

@Walsh my own bad upper back is a frequent cause of mild head and neck aches. I don't get truly bad ones very often but still annoying. Couches are often too "cushy" to be comfortable sitting for long for that reason so I have to be reclined/lying down on those. Bah. Hope your issues can get better.

Feeling a bit better now. Lay on my office floor with the lights off for a bit. Not quite Orde Wingate, but still good no-one saw me. o:)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Feeling a bit better now. Lay on my office floor with the lights off for a bit. Not quite Orde Wingate, but still good no-one saw me. o:)

I took a big armchair (Ikea Ektorp for those following on your storybooks) to work, and unashamedly take snorey naps in it on a daily basis. The fact that I work 70+ hours a week there and they don't pay me removes any shame I might otherwise feel. o:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I took a big armchair (Ikea Ektorp for those following on your storybooks) to work, and unashamedly take snorey naps in it on a daily basis. The fact that I work 70+ hours a week there and they don't pay me removes any shame I might otherwise feel. o:)

I brought a futon to my classroom when my daughter was born, and I get a 30 minute nap most days on it. It is very important, makes me a much happier person. I used to nap on the floor for a bit as well before the futon. It's amazing what a quick 30 minute nap can do, I really get a boost of energy from it.

On some days like back to school night, I get an even longer nap on it. There is a 4 hour break between the school day and back to school night, and I just sleep through it. It's awesome.

PhD applications continue, these take me like 2 months because i hate doing them. Just got to finish the research proposal now..

The American system is screwed up, by the way, those guys want enough forms to choke a black hole to death then idiotic statements about "what made you who you are now" and "what your dreams are". Whcih means everyone just makes up sappy stories about their dead cat and dead grandpa and how they made them feel soft and mushy inside.

PhD applications continue, these take me like 2 months because i hate doing them. Just got to finish the research proposal now..

The American system is screwed up, by the way, those guys want enough forms to choke a black hole to death then idiotic statements about "what made you who you are now" and "what your dreams are". Whcih means everyone just makes up sappy stories about their dead cat and dead grandpa and how they made them feel soft and mushy inside.

Please, tragedy in the family it's sooo 2008. The new hip thing it's overcoming adversity.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I just looked at the age/sex and photo threads at the Beth forums. It didn't surprise me or anything, yet of course, still....

....I now feel very old. Like, magical tree in the elven forest old. Time for my nap.

I just looked at the age/sex and photo threads at the Beth forums. It didn't surprise me or anything, yet of course, still....

....I now feel very old. Like, magical tree in the elven forest old. Time for my nap.

Heh, me too... I feel a midlife crisis coming on. The only problem is to get the corvette and younger woman I need to have either money or good looks. I'm a little short on both counts! :(

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

One of those days where for no apparent reason I am in a really foul mood. Trying to stir the christmas spirit and not snap at everybody.

I have field-tested this extensively, if you are going to drink bourbon at work become a lawyer or a doctor.

Lawyers don't drink at work, they do blow instead.

Huh. My ignorance of this particular rule might just have something to do with the disappointing performance assessment...

Well, th extra pep from the coke might have helped your communication score but your wife would be wondering why the bank accounts were always empty. Besides, lawyers are supposed to drink scotch. You don't want to get disbarred do you?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Apparently I got 4 paychecks today. I don't know if that means I'm caught up or not. You kind of lose track after a while.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Please, tragedy in the family it's sooo 2008. The new hip thing it's overcoming adversity.

In that case I'll talk about overcoming the adversities of North Korean reeducation camps, they shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

In that case I'll talk about overcoming the adversities of North Korean reeducation camps, they shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

:x

And remember to save it for future uses, I have recycled my adversity story like a thousand times. Works every time!

village_idiot.gif

I'd personally angle for the "overcoming drug addiction and attempted suicide after the accidental deaths of my wife and child." They never see that one coming.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bourbon? Vodka?? Heathens.

Chartreuse. 55%.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Considering the inherent negativity of most things lawyers have to deal with at work, I'd generally advice against drinking on the job. It can be habit-forming. -_-

Considering the inherent negativity of most things lawyers have to deal with at work, I'd generally advice against drinking on the job. It can be habit-forming. -_-

I know, imagine having to spend all day with lawyers, blech! :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know, imagine having to spend all day with lawyers, blech! :p

Yeah, it's hard to live with myself.

Yeah, it's hard to live with myself.

Don't worry, put enough years in and that pesky soul thing goes away.

Running late with various things, just getting dinner out of the way at half 7 in the evening..

And right before christmas I manage to lose large chunks of brownie points and offend my mother... She's talking about one of her friends and making a complaint that the friend has a habit of starting a conversation to tell you something, then meanders and goes off on tangents and details you don't need, then doesn't reach the point of what she started at for a looong time....

At the end of mom venting and telling me this story.... when I make the comment that I'd noticed over the last year that she had started to do the same .. I got "the look" and a comment of "I stopped talking to your father so much years ago when he said something similar about how I talked like the neighbour with Alzheimers."

I feel I stepped in something I really shouldn't. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."