What you did today

Pidesco

I've been quite happy with my workouts as of late. I modified my diet a little bit with a pre-workout/morning protein shake with skim milk and fruit and I eat somewhere around maintenance (don't count calories anymore) and I've put more than 50 pounds on my squat in the last month. Need to get pumped for todays workout, going to do 275 again but try and get some depth in there.

On the flip side my old friend depression has creeped in from beyond the peripherals. I just feel ground down and empty with nothing to do. I think it's mostly that things with girl aren't going anywhere but I'm just constantly bored and uninterested in everything.

The battle never gets easier my friends.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

woke up horribly hungover this afternoon. met some old friends of my girlfriend yesterday and they decided to get me horrendously drunk. there was lots and lots of beer, bourbon, and absinthe. got along with them really well, but didn't get home till like 7am this morning

we got up feeling terrible, then she went home and i went out for a christmas dinner thing. my friend does one every year, but this one was the last as she's moving to england in a few weeks :p

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

'Julefrokost', do you people have that. Loosely translated 'Christmas lunchin''

Cruel drinking games and inter office whoring from the 1st to around the 20th of December so we are about mid season now. I just woke up from a legendary instance and I feel fine. It shouldn't be possible, it really shouldn't.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Cruel drinking games and inter office whoring from the 1st to around the 20th of December so we are about mid season now. I just woke up from a legendary instance and I feel fine. It shouldn't be possible, it really shouldn't.

You feel fine after a "julefrokost"? .. obviously you didn't drink enough snaps or had enough casual sex with co-workers in the copy room. This is the only explanation.

Fortune favors the bald.

woke up horribly hungover this afternoon. met some old friends of my girlfriend yesterday and they decided to get me horrendously drunk. there was lots and lots of beer, bourbon, and absinthe. got along with them really well, but didn't get home till like 7am this morning

we got up feeling terrible, then she went home and i went out for a christmas dinner thing. my friend does one every year, but this one was the last as she's moving to england in a few weeks :)

Hang on. You're saying one of your charming gorgeous young ladies is coming here? I think the only gentlemanly thing to do is to let me look after her on your behalf.

Ach, who am I kidding. After Shryke, it'd be like weaning someone off crystal meth onto yoghurt. :lol:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You feel fine after a "julefrokost"? .. obviously you didn't drink enough snaps or had enough casual sex with co-workers in the copy room. This is the only explanation.

Some of the girls actually lamented the lack of a copier on the premises, but I guess it's easy enough to be brave when such antics weren't possible.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

This julefrokost sounds quite wonderful. Do people really have drunken casual sex with their coworkers?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

That sounds like an... interesting holiday tradition. Wish we had something like that over here...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

we got up feeling terrible, then she went home and i went out for a christmas dinner thing. my friend does one every year, but this one was the last as she's moving to england in a few weeks :lol:

Hang on. You're saying one of your charming gorgeous young ladies is coming here? I think the only gentlemanly thing to do is to let me look after her on your behalf.

Ach, who am I kidding. After Shryke, it'd be like weaning someone off crystal meth onto yoghurt. :sorcerer:

i'm sure she'd prefer yoghurt :*

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Grr...

So I browned some boneless chicken breasts for dinner (after having soaked them in an oliveoil-garlic-lemon-hotsauce mixture for awhile), and threw the pan in the oven to finish cooking. After they were done, I set the pan on the range while pulling the other meal elements together. For some reason, I wanted to move the pan to a different part of the range. That's when came the unthinking full-fisted grip of the oven-fresh handle, and me hopping up and down saying "AAAAAAA!" in my kitchen.

This is not my preferred way to get out of doing the dishes. Although it is a nice excuse to make sure that there is a cold beer in my hand at all times for the remainder of the evening.

The chicken was quite good, though. As was the cream of broccoli soup.

been single digit weather this week, and we got about six inches of snow (in the same storm that collapsed the minnisota athletics stadium)

Trying to get a more regular sleep schedule going and failing at it... oh well...

have fun

SpartanCaramelldansen.gif

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Spent 3 hours in the ER with my dad. Interesting folk on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. Two teenage guys talking about how their testicles were hurting them and how they feared it was cancer in the summer. One dude punched a window and sliced his hand up. Another young lady bashed her head trying to do a chinup on those door-mounted bars. Lastly some girl came in with alcohol poisoning, her friend turned out to be an Arsenal fan so that helped pass the time :)

And all of this to diagnose him with something like the flu (given past illnesses, the flu can very well kill him so that's why we hit the ER late at night).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The tv had blown up the other night, so cleared an area so could get it off the wall. Whipped it up to the repair shop down the road.

Took on the vagaries of cold weather and the chill of an attic to stash stuff away out of the way.

Now just settling in for a late lunch and a hot cup of tea...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

been single digit weather this week, and we got about six inches of snow (in the same storm that collapsed the minnisota athletics stadium)

A long way from California huh? :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Got back in from some errands around the village..and fog has rolled in and the chill is in the air.

That sort of fog where 20-30 feet away the world fades into greyness, all the streetlights are muted, and the sounds of traffic in the distance are subdued. The moon hanging just visible like a sliver in the sky and the wind barely moving, just that cold caress you can just feel.

Cutting through some cobblestoned alleys with old buildings on one side and looming trees on the other. Perfect atmosphere to go with wearing my crombie and fedora.

But had that strange mix of moods, one of almost childlike glee for the ambience of the wintry night, but also kind of melancholy with that wanting to share it with one person.

Still, I suppose that's enough of the waxing a touch poetic, and onto the practical matters of a cup of tea to warm the body and soul.

A long way from California huh? :lol:

A bit :p kinda nice the difference. Interesting thing is you don't really notice the difference unless the wind is going.

And I got my second class action suit offer against gamestop. I'm going in the first one becuase I get a good chunk of change, but the second I'd only receive about 5 bucks so figure it isn't worth the hassle.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Spent 3 hours in the ER with my dad. Interesting folk on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. Two teenage guys talking about how their testicles were hurting them and how they feared it was cancer in the summer. One dude punched a window and sliced his hand up. Another young lady bashed her head trying to do a chinup on those door-mounted bars. Lastly some girl came in with alcohol poisoning, her friend turned out to be an Arsenal fan so that helped pass the time :(

And all of this to diagnose him with something like the flu (given past illnesses, the flu can very well kill him so that's why we hit the ER late at night).

Sorry to hear your dad's so fragile. But it's cool that you saw the opportunity to people watch. I don't think I've been in ER since a travelling companion got malaria. Silly bastard claimed that because he was black it wouldn't affect him. Nearly died.

Sounds like Raithe has got one of what I call 'Charlie Parker' moments. When you breath in air, and breath out light.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had a rough night, and stirred from bed with a nice headache grinding away on my forebrain.

Tried getting various things done, but I've had the focus and attention span of a goldfish so far today.