What you did today

Pidesco

My Bloody Applications Saga (MBAS) continues smooth-ish. One pretty good UK uni is going quite well, I have a supervisor, he thinks I'll probably get an offer to study, but not as certain about funding and I'd have to go to the UK for an interview before that gets decided. For reference, a UK-NZ plane trip costs at least two grand (USD). Not sure why they can't do video conferencing...

Wals, want to go disguised as me?

rainy and cloudy and nearly 30 celcius today

eeeeww mugginess

getting all ready to go away for a few days. staying at a friends a few hours drive away and lying around in the spa all day, then another few hours of driving to head to the Big Day Out

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

My Bloody Applications Saga (MBAS) continues smooth-ish. One pretty good UK uni is going quite well, I have a supervisor, he thinks I'll probably get an offer to study, but not as certain about funding and I'd have to go to the UK for an interview before that gets decided. For reference, a UK-NZ plane trip costs at least two grand (USD). Not sure why they can't do video conferencing...

Interesting notion. I might be able to find someone who looks like you, though. I'm probably a bit fat. :lol: Unless this was your angle on arrival.

"I thought you were English European!"

"Oh. Weightwatchers, you know. Side-effects etc."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just realised it's been more than two weeks of my new 'diet'. Which consists of simply eating what I need to, rather than cutting calories as such. Toast or oatcakes for breakfast, raw fruit or veg for lunch, then a solid helping of whatever I fancy in the evening - usually stew or curry or grilled meat etc. Make sure to chew and enjoy the food rather than scarf it down.

It's actually pretty easy, and I'm losing weight. :);)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Interesting notion. I might be able to find someone who looks like you, though. I'm probably a bit fat. :x Unless this was your angle on arrival.

"I thought you were English European!"

"Oh. Weightwatchers, you know. Side-effects etc."

Unfortunately, The Great Bureaucrats have decreed that a round-the-world trip for one interview was probably a bit of an overkill. Skype shall be used instead.

Praise the Great Bureaucrats!

My mother-in-law had her property foreclosed and apparently sold today. We have been living with her the last year in attempt to help her out, but she hasn't been able to pay the mortgage for quite a few months. Still, we were under the impression that it was going to take a good deal longer to complete the foreclosure. She has a lawyer working on it, and they have filed an official complaint with the government and will be working at reversing it.

The guy who bought the property at auction showed up and wants to rent the property to her. That might be a decent way to go, but hopefully the lawyers will find a way to nullify it.

Did she get in on one of those disengenous mortgage financing schemes or just too much borrowing against what she already paid off.

It's pretty ponderous how many people willingly sign themselves over to a lifetime, or close to it, of debt slavery just to own their own house. I can do without that headache, of course I don't have any kids and all, but there is a lot to be said for simply living according to your means.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. Banking is like a donkey. Treat it well and it will be surly but useful. Fall foul of it and it will rend you into a hundred tiny pieces with it's odd mishapen teeth. And then poop out the bits onto your relatives. Then drive off in an alarmingly expensive car.

-Elwood Blues

She made a fair amount of bad decisions, the worst being when she took out a second mortgage to save her business.

But the market in our area is fairly sickening. A ton of properties are worth half of what they were being appraised at just 5 years ago. I'm not talking about a few thousand dollars either, these properties have dropped by hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Her house was appraised at $875,000 in 2005, and it was sold at auction today for $375,000.

She made a fair amount of bad decisions, the worst being when she took out a second mortgage to save her business.

I don't know about her other decisions, but a business is a hard thing to let sink. In many ways it's harder to replace than a house.

-Elwood Blues

You know you're rather seriously mentally/emotionally screwed when 10 years on you realise that there have been more nights where you've still thought about The Ex before falling asleep then nights she didn't wander across the mind.

Kind of had one of those mornings full of all those petty little chores that needed doing rather then anything significant.. things that need doing but never feel as if you've actually achieved anything. Ah well.

That and the annoying fact that I must have bitten my tongue in my sleep so there's that really annoying sensation in my mouth.

Still, ever onwards with the day...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."