New Rpgs game settings

We had fantasy rpgs,space opera rpgs,spy rpgs,apocalyptic rpgs games...

What do you people would like an rpg setting?

Me i would like Zombie Rpg were you are a survivor and save people and fight some evil corporation.

-An original Superhero or Villain Rpg

-Aliens Rpg

-Predator Rpg

-The Matrix Rpg

-Terminator Rpg.

Give your ideas :p

Edited by The Transcendent One

predator rpg?

I seriously think my brain just popped.

you just named some movies you liked and asked for them in rpg form. thats not new, nor is it a good idea. why not let developers make games from the heart instead of movie licenses?

remember fallout? remember how cool and original it felt? Planescape: Torment?

settings i'd like to see: any setting done with consistency, style, and care.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I want an RPG where you play the role of a sidekick/henchman. let the NPC Hero run around like an idiot gathering and turning quests in, and we'll just stick to saving the world.

or a modern-day RPG without big corporations and shadow governments, something simple like being a police officer or a paramedic.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

An RPG where you're a lawyer would be pretty cool.

trust me, its not very exciting in real life.

unless you mean you are a lawyer who must do non-lawyerly things, but if you're talking waking up and going to work and drafting legal documents and handling phone calls from cranky clients and opposing counsel who are acting like jerks then forget it, I get enough of that already.

I could see a game like heavy rain working though, basically if Michael Clayton was an adventure game or something.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realise I'd get a reply that quickly. The idea I posted was a non-violent sitcom RPG, the game being a season's worth of something like Spin City where your choices, relationships with other characters, successes and failures would impact the world and the ending.

Edited by Serrano

it would have to be written incredibly well to hold interest. I could see something like that working eventually, but not yet. I'm sure a lot of people would have fun playing The Office: RPG where you try to reign in michael scott and help the company succeed, but it would only work if the game was actually as entertaining as watching the show.

(i dont care if you dont like the office, this is simply an example)

An RPG where you're a lawyer would be pretty cool.

trust me, its not very exciting in real life.

unless you mean you are a lawyer who must do non-lawyerly things, but if you're talking waking up and going to work and drafting legal documents and handling phone calls from cranky clients and opposing counsel who are acting like jerks then forget it, I get enough of that already.

I could see a game like heavy rain working though, basically if Michael Clayton was an adventure game or something.

I was thinking more along the lines of courtroom persuasion/moral choices.

I want more rpg's (or any games, really) where I play the bad guy who wants to take over/invade the world, or destroy the world, instead of the heroic schmuck who is always trying to save the world from some demon. I want to BE the demon...or the demon's henchman, or something.

Sure the game mechanics would be similar/the same - quests, npc's, battles blah blah - but the setting would be different. Lots of opportunities for black humor, too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Screw Star Wars. Too much Star Wars crap on the market already. Let's have some original ... Oh, who am I kidding. No one wants original ideas. Publishers won't fund them and gamers won't buy them. It's all about franchises and milking the morons.

What's the Final Fantasy count at now? Thirteen?

Any sort of horror RPG. A who done it? Cop/Murder RPG would be different.

I want more rpg's (or any games, really) where I play the bad guy who wants to take over/invade the world, or destroy the world, instead of the heroic schmuck who is always trying to save the world from some demon. I want to BE the demon...or the demon's henchman, or something.

:thumbsup:

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

*waits for Purk to post a link to the previous 9.732 variants of this thread topic.*

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The Warhammer 40000 setting was made for people like you :thumbsup:

Too many WH40K action games an no crpgs whatsoever currently around.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Following up on that lawyer idea, you would ideally base that kind of thing on the gameplay of, say, the old KOEI game Uncharted Waters, or similarly, Sid Meier's Pirates! - a set of gameplay elements to manage and build up your particular business, make rivals, meet people, collect cool things, etc. Then we have stuff like that on the sim-like side of the spectrum, school sim/RPGs and the like.

I want a properly done Dickensian English boarding school RPG, if we're going down that path. Hell, you could start off at one of those, then get fast-tracked on to a French penal colony in that period, which is remarkably similar... throw in some Kafka references.