New Rpgs game settings

40K setting would be horrible. It's all about angry fanatics shouting around nasty things. Where's there the room for love and romance?

Well, you can always play as a normal human, several billion of those (Ork might be fun, hm).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dune RPG.

I also would like a multiverse RPG. One where you jump around between various settings (cowboy world, fantasy world, space opera world). Just a giant melting pot of concepts. The fantasy world might teach your character magic, then you go to the space opera world where they're fighting a robot war and you get laser guns. Maybe you can enchant your laser guns at this point or lasers + magic have weird/contradicting effects. The cowboys are fighting Cthulhu.

Hell yeah, a Dark Tower RPG.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

ok fine I'll play:

1. I want a sci-fi rpg thats more blade runner meets Flashback and less Star Wars rehash.

2. I want a contemporary horror rpg. combat would be rare but important, (ie no regular enemies, only 5-8 "boss fights"), and you character is not a fighter so the combats are actually tense and scary, needing to use information you've learned or your surroundings to get an edge over whatever scary thing/person is trying to kill you. Most of the game would be C&C dialog and exploration, but not in an adventure game way, something more akin to planescape torment without the "dungeons". I also think for this idea to work the game would probably be fairly short, but have myriad pathways through it. To be scary I would not suggest a top down view for this one, a third person rpg would probably be best?

3. a 1920's call of cthulhu rpg. Just adapt one of the cooler P&P modules, like mask of nyarlathotep or shadows of yog-sothoth or something. there is actually some combat in those modules too so there would even be a small handful of "dungeons" in them.

4. a remake of earthbound without the endless dungeon crawling and instead chock full of heartwarming humor. This game should be written by brad bird or some other pixar genius. Also: I know that this may already be on its way in the form of Tim Schafers next game, my fingers are crossed really hard.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

2. I want a contemporary horror rpg. combat would be rare but important, (ie no regular enemies, only 5-8 "boss fights"), and you character is not a fighter so the combats are actually tense and scary, needing to use information you've learned or your surroundings to get an edge over whatever scary thing/person is trying to kill you. Most of the game would be C&C dialog and exploration, but not in an adventure game way, something more akin to planescape torment without the "dungeons". I also think for this idea to work the game would probably be fairly short, but have myriad pathways through it. To be scary I would not suggest a top down view for this one, a third person rpg would probably be best?

That's pretty much Amnesia: The Dark Descent minus the dialogue part.

Another idea! This one is genius and anyone who naysays it is a soulless monster.

Darkwing Duck RPG

Actually, would probably be a better adventure game.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You should tell that to Warren Spector, he's doing Epic Mickey and could include all the ducks :D

edit: or maybe for the sequel since the game is coming out in November.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I want a time-travel based RPG, wherein the protagonist is summoned by a 15000BC tribal shaman's ritual and forced to use all of his/her skills and wits (and no knowledge of the rudimentary local language) to both save and return to humanity's future.

I could like Green Lantern. It's a concept with the promise of variability and options. Barring any sort of freeform create-a-hero system.

That's pretty much Amnesia: The Dark Descent minus the dialogue part.

i thought amnesia was an adventure game?

either way i've been hearing mostly good things about it and will pick it up this xmas when it inevitably goes on steam super sale

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Survival horror started as a sub-genre of adventure. So that's kind of redundant.

The More You Know! Star Rainbow