RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

The biggest problem I had with dead rising was that you basically couldn't win the first time you put it in because you were so weak.

That was my biggest problem too. But once I accepted the fact, I had a blast. Even when I died, it felt like I had accomplished something since I got to keep my previous character's experience points in the new game session. I think I was level 13 or so before I even tried the main quest (must have been my third or fourth restart).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The biggest problem I had with dead rising was that you basically couldn't win the first time you put it in because you were so weak.

That was my biggest problem too. But once I accepted the fact, I had a blast. Even when I died, it felt like I had accomplished something since I got to keep my previous character's experience points in the new game session. I think I was level 13 or so before I even tried the main quest (must have been my third or fourth restart).

Still, to me that seems like bad game design where you HAVE to go in and just mess about for a while die, mess about for a while, die, mess about for a while, die, finally start playing.

In other news

Jim Lee and the cinematic director from Blur studio talk about the DC universe Online trailer

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...tors-Commentary

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Something I just noticed today:

1z6w8j9.jpg

Ist that guy wearing a SHOGO 2 T-Shirt?

Is this a hint Monolith is working on it?

Now that you mention it, what are they working on? I have heard bupkiss.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still, to me that seems like bad game design where you HAVE to go in and just mess about for a while die, mess about for a while, die, mess about for a while, die, finally start playing.

Dunno, the alternative is auto-leveling, and I hate that thing! Although if the alternative to auto-leveling is grinding, then that's worse. Baldur's Gate 2 was my favorite in that regard (unless there was auto-leveling in there too?).

Monolith used to be the hottest FPS maker back in the days, but I was quite disappointed with their latest offerings, Condemned 2 and FEAR 2. Probably has to do with some changes forced from WB.

Either way, here's hope they're working either on NOLF 3 or some new IP.

Judging by their website, they're mainly doin the DLC gag.

and Sannom, no, the alternative is to design a game that you can progress in from level 1. My point was that it's bad game design to build your game around having people restart the game several times before they can actually play it.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

and Sannom, no, the alternative is to design a game that you can progress in from level 1. My point was that it's bad game design to build your game around having people restart the game several times before they can actually play it.

if you mean Dead Rising, that game is bad design period, it's terrible on every possible level

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"The core principle of how we run the company is the exact opposite of EA," Kotick said. "EA will buy a developer and then it will become 'EA Florida', 'EA Vancouver', 'EA New Jersey', whatever.
Bioware says hi, dimwit.

Look, EA has a lot of resources, it's a big company that's been in business for a long time, maybe it'll figure it out eventually. But it's been struggling for a really long time. The most difficult challenge it faces today is: great people don't really want to work there.

Lolwut.

Bobby Kotick: never ceasing to amaze me with his stupidity.

Kotick is a ****. EA is just doing the opposite. Or why have they renamed EA Redwood to Visceral, or EALA into something else. Bioware is still Bioware.

Activision has only Guitar Hero, CoD and Blizzard. That's not very versatile.

I think the point here is how he extolls the Activision family as a good workplace, a cites Infinity Ward as an example. :huh:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

if you mean Dead Rising, that game is bad design period, it's terrible on every possible level

FACT!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!