RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

Bioware should do a WC reboot. Now that they're in the business making shooters, they can just start making space shooters as well.

Well, if they re-release it and see a large crowd for it we may get...

51W8Z5FF2RL.jpg

On the whole Kotick thing, I just wanted to point out that he made a quick comment on Tim Schafer calling him a prick a few months ago that was along the lines of "I dropped brutal legend because Schafer and his studio went over budget, missed their deadlines, and made a meh game". Which makes sense.

As to EA vs Activision? I'll stick with THQ thanks (Yay relic!)

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The sad thing is, no matter that it looks perfectly fit for the task, self appoint art (direction) critics will line up in a queue to tell you have bad it is, picking at everything from the lighting over missing shaderss to the texture resolution. Need more bloom.

It looks perfectly nice... I'm getting curiouser and curiouser about their two games :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The sad thing is, no matter that it looks perfectly fit for the task, self appoint art (direction) critics will line up in a queue to tell you have bad it is, picking at everything from the lighting over missing shaderss to the texture resolution. Need more bloom.

It looks perfectly nice... I'm getting curiouser and curiouser about their two games :ermm:

Even sadder is the fact that you feel the need to preemptively discredit every one who would want to raise criticism, valid or not.

I'm no artist, nor is my opinions objective at all, but I'd like to categorize my self in the "not too fussed about graphics" box. Recent games I've played include titles like Buck Rogers, Star Control II, EotB II&III, KotOR I&II, Gothic III, HoMM V. What I just saw in those screenshots doesn't impress, doesn't intrigue, doesn't leave me wanting for more. Not because the quality is very bad but I think the style is to the point where I wouldn't call it art at all, it's just objects that have textures which resemble an medieval era covered with some lighting and shades. I'm sure they have technical prowess but as far as art goes, in a scale from 1 to 10, that looks more like 2.

Edited by trulez

It looks perfectly nice... I'm getting curiouser and curiouser about their two games :thumbsup:

Even sadder is the fact that you feel the need to preemptively discredit every one who would want to raise criticism, valid or not.

Not trying to be preemptive (much), just pointing out what I expect will happen. I belong in the category "not too fussed" too, thinking as long as it does its job, i.e. functional, anything else is just bells and whistles. Does "fine art" look good? Probably, but I consider it secondary to the functionality of the graphics. Thats probably why I hated the Disciples III demo and still play Disciples II. The former may be technically better made (visually), but it sure feels less functional. You are left with the feeling that it is the graphics (in the case of Disciplis III) they want to sell, not the game. Yeah, I probably do like poking fun at people who are fussed about state of the art gift box wrappings :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hmm.

If you tell an artist to draw a house and he draws a perfect square with a perfect triangle on top, adds some perfect windows, doors and other 'hously' details and then colours it all perfectly, you'd get a house.

If you tell another artist to draw a house and he lets his pen roam free, drawing imperfect triangles, but placed in new ways, draws a crooked square, but makes it work, adds colour all over the place, but in ways you haven't seen before, then adds whatever odd detail he wants to the house while still maintaining its 'hously-ness', you'd get something more than a house.

Those pictures unfortunately remind me of the first example.

The best artists are the ones who make you feel utterly untalented because you know you'd never be able to come up with something like what they create even if you had a lifetime of tries.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You best be trolling elsewhere. :lol:

No, seriously, I'm confused too : is that guy supposed to not have breasts :o ? Because he really looks like he has them!

Thats a woman... namely "The Boss" from Metal Gear Solid 3

And the scar on her chest is from a battlefield c-section.

Kotick is a tool who is in the process of being sued preciselely because he treated employees horribly up to and including holding them prisoner. His opinion on this issue is meaningless.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

A c-section scar on her chest? If she didn't give birth to an alien then I'm confused.

no, the c-section was made with a bayonet in Normandy during WW2. Nearly killed her and the baby.