Dragon Age 2

at least 1/3 of the game being unique for each "origin". if they just had gotten rid of the dungeon crawling they could've pulled it off too

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"DA: Origins was a bad name, at any rate, considering that the origins hardly affected anything save a few flavour dialogue options."

False.

BIO newer games are largely better than their older games. LMAO BG1 LMAO

You either joking or high :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The different origins made a huge difference, and it is ridiculous to state otherwise. Not only did you have a unique first hour of gameplay, the areas you came from reacted differently when you returned. You had unique relationships with characters. You even had different endings available.

Seriously, what more can you expect? Six entirely unique games?

The endings should have been much better.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

"at least 1/3 of the game being unique for each "origin"."

Silly expectations are silly.

"He's just being Volourn. He's stated his opinion about Bio games over and over so I don't see why you act surprised Oro."

Your point being what? Everybody else gives their opinion on BIO games repeatedly, too, so why should I be any different?

BG1 was good in the 90s. This ain't the 90s anymore.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The different origins made a huge difference, and it is ridiculous to state otherwise. Not only did you have a unique first hour of gameplay, the areas you came from reacted differently when you returned. You had unique relationships with characters. You even had different endings available.

Seriously, what more can you expect? Six entirely unique games?

The endings should have been much better.

And the impact that your origin has on the gameplay, aside from the racial bonuses and the occasional "eww, you are an elf" there was nothing noteworthy. In the end you were the Warden, plus I remember someone talking about a nemesis from each origin showing later. Never saw it. :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

plus I remember someone talking about a nemesis from each origin showing later. Never saw it. :lol:
Howe for noble humans, the nobleman guy who tried to rape the elves in the city elf origin (he's in Howe's dungeon I think).

If the trailer isn't named as ultra-violence trailer and if it doesn't have music from Cradle of Filth, it's Dragon Age in name only!

Cradle of Filth isn't "the new sh**" anymore. The marketing department knows that DA2 needs to be more collar-grabbing, intense and EXTREME experience in order to reach a wider audience. I think that Behemoth are new enough for the cool kids. We should not forget either that they wish

aswell.

I think they are going to go in a different direction and focus on making it appeal to teenage girls.

DA: Twilight

With sparkling grey wardens, please don't. Just don't.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

plus I remember someone talking about a nemesis from each origin showing later. Never saw it. :lol:
Howe for noble humans, the nobleman guy who tried to rape the elves in the city elf origin (he's in Howe's dungeon I think).

There was none for mages, which a demon would had fitted the bill and reinforced the fact that possession was an ever present danger. None for the Dalish, and frankly all that the rest had was a different introduction to the same fight you would had faced if you had another origin.

There was a lot that DA:O didn't deliver IMO they should fix that for DA2 instead of trying to make a completely different game.

village_idiot.gif

There was none for mages, which a demon would had fitted the bill and reinforced the fact that possession was an ever present danger. None for the Dalish, and frankly all that the rest had was a different introduction to the same fight you would had faced if you had another origin.

There was a lot that DA:O didn't deliver IMO they should fix that for DA2 instead of trying to make a completely different game.

Although

Jowan

does appear regardless of your origin, I'd say he qualifies as a mage nemesis, at least as much as the city elf dude qualifies. The dialogue's a little different anyway. Also,

Tamlen

reappears later in the game when

the party camp is attacked by shrieks

for the Dalish origin.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Although

Jowan

does appear regardless of your origin, I'd say he qualifies as a mage nemesis, at least as much as the city elf dude qualifies. The dialogue's a little different anyway. Also,

Tamlen

reappears later in the game when

the party camp is attacked by shrieks

for the Dalish origin.

When people say nemesis I expect confrontation, I expected to be haunted and hunted by it not a random encounter; fighting optional.

village_idiot.gif

I was disappointed as well in the lack of impact from the different origins at various points throughout the game. Just pointing out that there was as much for the dalish and mage origins as any of the others.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Speaking of disappointments does anyone knows if they are going to release the modding tools for DA2

village_idiot.gif

Speaking of disappointments does anyone knows if they are going to release the modding tools for DA2

I believe the official word is "it's the same tools as Dragon Age, we're looking into making an update."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I believe the official word is "it's the same tools as Dragon Age, we're looking into making an update."

So basically the mod scene will be another disappointment like DA:O

village_idiot.gif

Why is the mod scene a disappointment? I don't really follow it but I thought that maybe the toolset might be too complicated. Though the scripting seemed easy enough (the only part I really looked at) for anyone with NWN experience.

/shrug.

It is really hard to make anything, everything about the game is a little to constricted for large scale projects. It lends itself, mainly for minor tweaks, and quests. Plus it's been like a year and all that the nexus have is a bunch of morrigan's headmorphs. :thumbsup:

village_idiot.gif

"To be fair, it did it take a year+ for really good mods of NWN"

Not true. NWN was gettinmg good mods even in the early months. DA, btw, has been out for nearly 10 months, and the modding scene is still crap. That ain't gonna change either.

DA mods, and toolset suck the big one compared to NWN. You wanna know why? Because BIO doesn't care about the toolset so neither do the players. DA2 won't be any different.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Is it constricted, or just complicated?

I figured this might be a problem since NWN was virtually easy sauce to use in comparison.

Its a little hard to get a handle on it, but the biggest kill; and we knew this before its release, was the fact that the DA toolset is a power tool. So not everyone is going to know how to use it, the amount of experience required to make a decent mod is a little high. So any great projects eventually fell through the cracks because of this.

Maybe there will more mods coming on the next months, but seeing as there is such little involvement and that DA2 is coming so soon I seriously doubt it.

From the looks of it DA2 will be even less user friendly than its predecessor.

village_idiot.gif

DA: Origins was a bad name, at any rate, considering that the origins hardly affected anything save a few flavour dialogue options. The origins in games like Sacred 2 & Blade of Darkness affected the entire game, and nobody made a fuzz about that.

The title should've been DA: Fighting in Tunnels.

Sadly :rolleyes: - I have to agree here.

The combat feels like the one in Mass Effect 2 (and possibly ME1?) in which you go through tunnels and tunnels and yet more tunnels. Even in open land, the combat felt sort of tunneled - or tunnelwise - if that's even a word?

On the other hand, playing as Dalish Elf, I've noticed some unique dialogues when returning to the Elven Camp for Zathrian's Quest and also in some other places, especially when humans learn that my character is a Dalish Elf. And Leliana and my Dalish Elf character had a very long talk about elfs and humans.

I tried my best to remember that I was playing as this Dalish Elf, not the Human Noble, and chose my dialogues accordingly.

As for the toolset, hasn't this 'the powertool problem' been a reality since the release of the toolset for NWN2 which also were a toolset only experienced modders could use? Contrary to this, the toolset for NWN1 was a toolset everyone could use (even me!). And Bioware released it because they felt that they wanted to give players the experience to create their own worlds, so they could have the same experience in computer D&D game as they had during the 1970's and 1980's D&D PnP games...

I don't if they were succesfull or not...

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

As for the toolset, hasn't this 'the powertool problem' been a reality since the release of the toolset for NWN2 which also were a toolset only experienced modders could use? Contrary to this, the toolset for NWN1 was a toolset everyone could use (even me!).

This is the reason for a lacking mod scene in 90% of scenarios.

Not true. NWN was gettinmg good mods even in the early months.

False. Most of the mods that received good ratings in the early months are horrendously overrated and clearly results of people being impressed that campaigns can be created overall. Most of it is pure junk. I'd say the good mods didn't start coming until several years after its release and even so, the high quality mods are faaar from being as numerous as some people would claim.

It's true about the DA toolset though. Though I guess the boobies are nice?

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0