Dragon Age 2

I would have added that as a mage, you can free the Circle from the control of the Templars. Now IF DA2 were actually a direct sequel to DA:O that likely would have an impact, but now it's meaningless.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

The biggest one is probably that you can become King/Queen as Human Noble.

at the end of the game... when it doesn't make a difference and you cannot DO anything as king. is no KING/QUEEN gameplay... is NOT meaningful.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

And as a Dward Noble (just a different kingdom). And the Bann of Alienage as a City Elf. And probably something I'm forgetting.

Still, it ain't much, but in the grand scope of things, not an issue to me. (Unlike the, say, lack of balance and failure in level design are.)

Ah yes, the Bio vs. Obsidian setup. The most fruitless discussion in the known world, as basically a game by either studio will still be better than a game by somebody else.

I wasn't trying to put Bioware down I was just saying that I realise they aren't perfect. I agree completely though.

Nope, but Volourn was already taking it that way. I know it happens basically every day here, but I occasionally want to draw attention to the ludicrousness of it. :mellow:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And as a Dward Noble (just a different kingdom). And the Bann of Alienage as a City Elf. And probably something I'm forgetting.

Still, it ain't much, but in the grand scope of things, not an issue to me.

saying that the empty title "ain't much" is an understatement.

hypothetical new feature for DA. the pc may find a deed in a chest... makes you owner o' The World. you literally own The World. 'course, +90% of npcs treat you the same whether you is owner or not, and there is no additional gameplay that becomes available if you becomes the world owner. dumbest feature evar? how is world owner different than how becoming king/queen is handled in DA?

perhaps there is some minor appeal to vanity in being King that genuine made da a better game 'cause such a thing were added, but if it makes game better it does so in a very minor and uninspired manner. is not noteworthy or innovative.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Still, it ain't much, but in the grand scope of things, not an issue to me.

saying that the empty title "ain't much" is an understatement.

hypothetical new feature for DA. the pc may find a deed in a chest... makes you owner o' The World. you literally own The World. 'course, +90% of npcs treat you the same whether you is owner or not, and there is no additional gameplay that becomes available if you becomes the world owner. dumbest feature evar? how is world owner different than how becoming king/queen is handled in DA?

perhaps there is some minor appeal to vanity in being King that genuine made da a better game 'cause such a thing were added, but if it makes game better it does so in a very minor and uninspired manner. is not noteworthy or innovative.

HA! Good Fun!

I'm mostly replying to comment how I'm consistently shocked by the amount of typos I make in my posts. :ermm:

My roommates all just looked at me funny, I was laughing so hard.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

"I chuckled at the caption at the bottom "Now just press 'A'"."

When I played BG, I just had to right click to beat the game. Easy as pie.

P.S. The fake cover is chuckle worthy, though.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Frankly, with all the 'something must happen immediately every time you push a button' talk they are spewing (and never mind the new, 'improved', tactical cam), I think it's an insult to Mass Effect 2 to compare the new DA to it. o:)

Speaking of the Bio boards, I find it difficult to even browse the various threads on there. I can only stomach so many people making threads asking BioWare to turn Dragon Age into more of a Halo/God of War type action game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And as a Dward Noble (just a different kingdom).

What? I'm pretty sure the Dwarf Noble cannot become king. I recall discussions on this on bioware social.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And as a Dward Noble (just a different kingdom).

What? I'm pretty sure the Dwarf Noble cannot become king. I recall discussions on this on bioware social.

This is just IIRC, but in the epilogue, if the Dwarf Noble makes Harrowmont the king, the PC becomes the next king after him

whoa that cover art looks like robert zdar.

yikes.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Do you mean Paragon?

No, I meant king, but its starting to look like the info I relied on might have been false. Time to go finish that DN character, so I know for sure, I guess. :o

edit

Apparently, if you're a dwarf noble and tell the king/queenof Ferelden at the end that you're returning to Orzammar, the epilogue will mention you becoming the king after Harrowmont. Seeing several people mention this, but not the wiki. Will have to see for myself, I guess

Edited by Nepenthe