I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

"Hide and snipe or die" pretty much describes my first time through the game. Second game the bullet-time ability for an infiltrator turned that into "Hide and Snipe and YOU die."

Picking your targets with a sniper rifle, even with bullet time, sucks when you're getting flanked though.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

You are oevrthinking. Just shoot the husks repeatedly. Heck, that's the best strategy for eveyr battle in the game since biotic powers are pathetic inn comparison. LMAO
Oh, yeah. Definitely!

Throw Field - hit one key: encounter is over. It only makes sense that you consider this "overthinking it", and then complain about how "dumbed down" the game is.

Please don't feed the troll. :/

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Not unless you played/didn't hate the first one.

QFT. I can already see that the story, the news chatter, the discussions and background comments would make no sense whatsoever to anyone who didn't play ME1.

mr.insomniac: Is playing an infiltrator fun? Since my soldier is glued to the sniper rifle, I'm thinking I may have made the wrong class choice for a first run-through. I'm not going to be winning any medals for my combat ability, that's for sure. :lol:

~Di: I enjoy the infiltrator quite a bit. You'll notice when you line up a shot with the sniper rifle, time slows down allowing you to get more precise shots. Using the tactical cloak ability will allow you to run from one cover to another without being spotted; think stealth in a D&D game. And as you put ranks into the tactical cloak, you'll gain the ability to attack while cloaked too. As a trade off changing from soldier, you lose the adrenaline rush talent, the concussion blast, and incendiary ammo, and the assault rifle. The rifle is the only thing I really missed.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Well that's only if you pick the sniper rifle specialization, and the infiltrator really could use that extra assault rifle...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

As a soldier I used the second tier sniper rifle a lot, but the Vindicator battle rifle is just as good. But nothing really compares with the Revenant machine gun. Combine it with the appropriate ammo power & at medium range any enemy gets vaporized in full automatic mode.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Widow > 2 Shepards with assault rifles

Widow makes a mockery of most enemies. Scions, dead in two shots. Harbinger, mostly two shots. Most bosses, two shots (three if they have shiels, barriers and armour).

After playing a soldier in my first game, I felt very naked in my second game, when I no longer had an assault rifle. With the improved magazine capacity for the submachine gun, it makes and ok substitute for close combat. Sniper rifles are the preferred tools of trade for Gorth Shepard though.

When mobbed by husks, just punch them in the face and then incinerate them :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bah... Heavy shockwave or heavy charge= piles of husks...

And my first playthrough consisted of: 1)Charge. 2)Empty out SMG clips while Charge recharges. 3) Repeat until theyre not moving.

It was great.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Gawk. Three hours, uncountable deaths to close 3 shudder doors for Archangel.... I effing hate this game. RPG? I don't think so.

Combat stinks worse than Michael Moore's toilet seat, don't it?

Restart the game (or use the save-game editor) to switch your class to soldier. You'll be fine then. :thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

Gawk. Three hours, uncountable deaths to close 3 shudder doors for Archangel.... I effing hate this game. RPG? I don't think so.

Hehe... the guy lurking around the corner with the flamethrower is a bit of a pain in the rear :thumbsup:

First door is sort of easy. Sprint is your friend. If you have barrier or similar, it can be quite useful when approaching the door to be sealed. The second one (to the right of the middle door?) is not too bad either, but a bit of care is needed when those regenerating krogans show up. Incinerate works wonders on them. Or headshots with a sniper rifle. The third door where the corridor has a "bent", is where dirty tactics are needed. I draw out the guy with the flamer and then abuse the weird physics of corridor corners in the Mass Effect universe to fill the guys shoulder/arm with bullets while his flames can't touch me.

Edit: Never understimate the powers of team mates. They are expendable decoys, you are not.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

At least you're compensated with the Widow. :thumbsup:
And yet, I'm seriously considering following Volo's advice and taking shotgun training for my Infiltrator...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Guest Slinky

I'd say it's just as much an RPG than ME1 was, unless the definition of RPG is that you must play for 20h before you can use the better weapons (assault rifles) efficiently.

I expected ME1 to be an RPG and I wasn't exactly impressed. I expected ME2 to be an shooter with dialog from the very start, and funnily enough, I like the game.

While the RPGness is up to debate, just sucking at the game doesn't make it less of an RPG :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:p A happy consumer thou art? HAHAHA!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

:p That sounds like Volo's complaint only more honest ;)

You have to get used to sticking in cover at all times and precise aiming.

Aim for the torso with most weapons so that the next several shots go to the head.

Really you should very rarely die in the game. On veteran I reloaded a few times on select locations, but it was often a breeze.

I'm hoping you're playing this on the PC.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I'd say it's just as much an RPG than ME1 was, unless the definition of RPG is that you must play for 20h before you can use the better weapons (assault rifles) efficiently.

I expected ME1 to be an RPG and I wasn't exactly impressed. I expected ME2 to be an shooter with dialog from the very start, and funnily enough, I like the game.

Yeah, low expectations are a wonderful thing when you can muster them. I had very few complaints about ME2 since I expected (fun) fodder. Much better impression than DA even though they actually have the exact same plot.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Hehe... the guy lurking around the corner with the flamethrower is a bit of a pain in the rear :p

First door is sort of easy. Sprint is your friend. If you have barrier or similar, it can be quite useful when approaching the door to be sealed. The second one (to the right of the middle door?) is not too bad either, but a bit of care is needed when those regenerating krogans show up. Incinerate works wonders on them. Or headshots with a sniper rifle. The third door where the corridor has a "bent", is where dirty tactics are needed. I draw out the guy with the flamer and then abuse the weird physics of corridor corners in the Mass Effect universe to fill the guys shoulder/arm with bullets while his flames can't touch me.

Edit: Never understimate the powers of team mates. They are expendable decoys, you are not.

Fun Fact: Overload-- which is otherwise useless on un-shielded organic enemies-- makes dudes with flamethrowers explode.

I started a new game last night-- an Infiltrator on Hardcore. Midway through Freedom's Progress, and I've already died twice. Those exploding Dog-Bots are a lot harder with an Armor bar.

Edited by Enoch

First time through I also got killed a couple of times during the shutters part... because I thought I had to hurry or Garrus' health bar would be too far depleted. But of course, it simply gets refilled once all shutters are closed. Next-gen health regeneration, and all that good stuff.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Guest Slinky

Yeah, low expectations are a wonderful thing when you can muster them. I had very few complaints about ME2 since I expected (fun) fodder. Much better impression than DA even though they actually have the exact same plot.

Bioware RPG model 101:

Gather party members [x]

Kill a gazillion bad guys [x]

Have sex with somebody just before the last showdown [x]

Save the world [x]

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Bio's games would be named as RPG11, RPG12, RPG13 etc etc... :p